SP - World Map Differentiate between "owned" fief and having jurisdiction so that fiefs can be granted to lords

Users who are viewing this thread

divyanthj

Recruit
This will probably be implemented later but I'd rather have it sooner, which is; The game should tell the difference between

1. A kingdom having territorial control over a fief and
2. A king owning a fief

When a lord captures an enemy fief, it should fall under the first category and not the second. Only after voting happens and that too in favor of the King, 2 should happen.

The King should also have the ability to resign ownership of a fief so that your Kingdom is attractive to lords of other Kingdoms who are looking to defect.

Also, while voting ownership, there should be a mandatorily available option that says "Vote for no one to hold this fief so that the King may grant it to someone of his choice later"

I think also there should be a sort of chain of command for fiefs. As of now a lord is lord of a castle or lord of a town. Villages just fall under their umbrella. Villages should be able to be assigned as standalone fiefs to nobles, party members, etc. A village could then benefit from its lord's stewardship skill.
Long shot but it would be even better if villages could be upgraded as they were in Warband with watchtowers, mills, etc. Maybe even a mechanic allowing a lord to build a fortified manor or fort they could use to defend the village from raids.

I think also there should be a sort of chain of command for fiefs. As of now a lord is lord of a castle or lord of a town. Villages just fall under their umbrella. Villages should be able to be assigned as standalone fiefs to nobles, party members, etc. A village could then benefit from its lord's stewardship skill.
Long shot but it would be even better if villages could be upgraded as they were in Warband with watchtowers, mills, etc. Maybe even a mechanic allowing a lord to build a fortified manor or fort they could use to defend the village from raids.

Dude, mini sieges would be awesome, and it would add to the realism. In places as war torn as calradia, villages would frequently have so small fortifications.
And having something like that would be great for starting players.

Villages should be able to be assigned as standalone fiefs

These parts I back 100%! Worth a suggestionstread on its own!

Back
Top Bottom