SP - Battles & Sieges Different way to manage army on the battlefield

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,
So I have alot of trouble organizing my army and commanding them.
I was thinking a way to "for example" press tab and then go to a Command an Conquar/company of heroes like control.
So top down and select and click to move. And then like games like total war set the directions (click and move the directions) to set the direction.
Then quickly press tab to move by to my unit. I think that way you can properly organize your army.
(or if i am the only one with the problem and I need to practise more?)
What are your toughts on this?

Also, I truly love this game, keep up the great work. It shows that you have passion making this game.
Greets Kira

There's a mod called RTS Camera on Nexus which i think fits some of what you want to do with the game. The Realistic Battle mod team is maintaining it for recent version of Bannerlord.

I agree that this (or something very similar) should be a vanilla feature as commanding units from the ground is very limiting. Mainly because you need line of sight to the exact position of where you want your soldiers to be which isn't always given with the terrain. The ability to command formations to engage specific enemy formations and archers to target formations or areas also needs to be implemented imo.

@LordCnut Thanks, yes I have seen it. But like you said, the game should have it native. Indeed its so hard then I dont do it most of the time.
We will see what they do with final release, and if no support then I guess we have to go to the mods.

As cool as the RTS mod is in all aspects, I've always felt that the free totalwar-ish aerial/bird's eye views are so far disconnected from the action that breaks with the kind of game Mount and Blade is supposed to be imho.

That said, it's true that games evolve and there are needs to be met even if they are optional for some players.

An interesting solution in my eyes (which I have talked about often), would be to bring back the commander's view that we have in Viking Conquest.

This view allows a overhead view with a larger panoramic view, however it is anchored to the player; that is, you can't "slide" the camera across the map at different heights and planes like rts mod allows to do.

Since we have a skill progression system, perhaps this VC "commander" view could be introduced in a 2.0 version for Bannerlord by linking it to a later stage of the tactics or leadership skill tree.

I think this would be a good middle ground. Unfortunately for our regret.... the ultimate decision is up to Taleworlds and their decision makers :iamamoron:?.

As cool as the RTS mod is in all aspects, I've always felt that the free totalwar-ish aerial/bird's eye views are so far disconnected from the action that breaks with the kind of game Mount and Blade is supposed to be imho.

That said, it's true that games evolve and there are needs to be met even if they are optional for some players.

An interesting solution in my eyes (which I have talked about often), would be to bring back the commander's view that we have in Viking Conquest.

This view allows a overhead view with a larger panoramic view, however it is anchored to the player; that is, you can't "slide" the camera across the map at different heights and planes like rts mod allows to do.

Since we have a skill progression system, perhaps this VC "commander" view could be introduced in a 2.0 version for Bannerlord by linking it to a later stage of the tactics or leadership skill tree.

I think this would be a good middle ground. Unfortunately for our regret.... the ultimate decision is up to Taleworlds and their decision makers :iamamoron:?.

This, yes this it what I want. Indeed the total war eye's views is a bit far. But in "real" battles, you have many trained commanders who just need a general kind of order. So a bit of help managing a big army is welcome. I think this (or just a tat higher, for bigger armies) is the way to go.
I just want to do the tactics that I have in my mind. Like first archers, and with a single command get them behind the soldiers. Also for example if I want a group of cavalary to flank, it should be easyer to do. Still, great game with loads of potential. Also love that this game does something else then all other games. These days evry 1 follows the hype of the moment. World of warcraft? all make a mmo. Fortnite? evry 1 makes a battle royal.
Thanks guys for you input and thoughts.

I like this. I also like the radar map in warband for the quick function of just roughly moving troops to were you want them, even when you're not at that part of the map.

Back
Top Bottom