Different maces

Users who are viewing this thread

KSHMR

Sergeant at Arms
In my opinion we need more balance when it comes to maces and the speed they have. The problem is that there are massive differences between speed. For example, the vlandian mace is super fast, whereas the Empire mace is super slow. In addition to this, most of the peasant classes get maces that are insanely fast and thus really strong.

I just feel like the empire mace should be a little faster because it makes the legionary weak. Pilas are strong, true. But what can you do with a class that is too slow to do anything as soon as the 2 pilas have been thrown?

In my opinion we need more balance when it comes to maces and the speed they have. The problem is that there are massive differences between speed. For example, the vlandian mace is super fast, whereas the Empire mace is super slow. In addition to this, most of the peasant classes get maces that are insanely fast and thus really strong.

I just feel like the empire mace should be a little faster because it makes the legionary weak. Pilas are strong, true. But what can you do with a class that is too slow to do anything as soon as the 2 pilas have been thrown?
I understand what you mean but why do all maces have to be similar? The Empire one might be perfectly balanced because its actually a hard decision between mace and armor. On Vlandia you want the mace for sure.

I mean yeah, ok, the mace being slow might be a way to nerf the legionary but I would rather they just reduce some other part of its kit than have this wild inconsistency between several weapons, I already made a post highlighting the differences in the feedback forum. This isn’t just apparent in maces either, axes are also victim to this.

Unfortunately we don’t have a total understanding of what the handling stats actually means but I would propose that maces and axes be just as fast as swords but have poorer handling to simulate them not being as equally balanced as swords are along the blade.

I would also much rather have a little less armour and just a faster mace. I mean it is just weird to have so much difference for a weapon that is really quite similar. I think empire mace has like 85 speed vs vlandia mace 95 but it feels like a much bigger difference.

It seems pretty fair to have some aspects of the Legionary to make it weaker, but this is way too much. As a competitive player I can say there is no way you stand a chance with that slow weapon and the sword is not at all effective against armoured opponents..

Speeds of all weapons, including maces, got readjusted after the changes to combat parameters. There should be less discrpenceies in weapons of the same tier.

We have analytics set up for all weapons performance and we will be monitoring to make adjustments after the patch with the combat parameters goes live.

Speeds of all weapons, including maces, got readjusted after the changes to combat parameters. There should be less discrpenceies in weapons of the same tier.

We have analytics set up for all weapons performance and we will be monitoring to make adjustments after the patch with the combat parameters goes live.
Why do we have tiers? Is it for dumber people to understand what's better?
Also, what effect does the "handling" parameter have?

Due to the floaty movement mechanics, the acceleration of your character's turns (rotation) is very high -all while your feet don't feel like they're planted in the ground i.e. you're not inhibited by being "grounded". In addition, the swing animations are way too over-exaggerated, with side swings beginning behind your character's back. Using all three of those features in conjunction, you can aggressively rotate when you swing, making it possible to match speeds or even surpass faster weapons with your slower weapon. I've spammed people with the Khuzait mace, Imperial mace, and menavlion simply by over-rotating.

In Warband, "spin to win" was a thing, and it was considered good form to "turn" into your swings -allowing you to get a speed bonus and have your weapon reach your opponent faster. But, there was a threshold at which over-rotation was too much, resulting in you either completely whiffing on your attack or, even worse, showing your back to your opponent. This was because the movement and footwork was more "grounded" and not omnidirectional, and because the swing animations were tighter and more concise than Bannerlord. Thus, there was a balance and a "sweet spot" between rotating just enough and over-rotating.

Such a threshold does not exist in Bannerlord.

This is why I say "abuse of the rotational speed".

Due to the floaty movement mechanics, the acceleration of your character's turns (rotation) is very high -all while your feet don't feel like they're planted in the ground i.e. you're not inhibited by being "grounded". In addition, the swing animations are way too over-exaggerated, with side swings beginning behind your character's back. Using all three of those features in conjunction, you can aggressively rotate when you swing, making it possible to match speeds or even surpass faster weapons with your slower weapon. I've spammed people with the Khuzait mace, Imperial mace, and menavlion simply by over-rotating.

In Warband, "spin to win" was a thing, and it was considered good form to "turn" into your swings -allowing you to get a speed bonus and have your weapon reach your opponent faster. But, there was a threshold at which over-rotation was too much, resulting in you either completely whiffing on your attack or, even worse, showing your back to your opponent. This was because the movement and footwork was more "grounded" and not omnidirectional, and because the swing animations were tighter and more concise than Bannerlord. Thus, there was a balance and a "sweet spot" between rotating just enough and over-rotating.

Spin to win are purely an NW mechanic because the bayonets were much faster than reasonable for a spear that long and therefore could be abused with sharp left and right turns to cover a much larger hitbox with extremely minimal chance to glance due to their insane speed. You did not see any spinning at all in Native among competent players because you would just bounce off of whoever you were spinning into.

Its a much larger problem in Bannerlord. And when I say much larger I mean something that was a nonfactor previously became a huge issue.

^^^^ You would NEVER EVER see anything like that in Warband.

Quite frankly, I don't think it has to do with the speed. I believe I argued with someone about this exact same thing and we came to the conclusion that it was not the speed that being abused, but rather a decrease in distance to be covered by the weapon, making it land for impact faster than it normally would.

With this being cleared, I still think that spinning and such feels insanely overpowered in Bannerlord. It is like sometimes you can't block an attack because the enemy out-rotates you or some sh*t. Feels weird man

Spin to win are purely an NW mechanic because the bayonets were much faster than reasonable for a spear that long and therefore could be abused with sharp left and right turns to cover a much larger hitbox with extremely minimal chance to glance due to their insane speed. You did not see any spinning at all in Native among competent players because you would just bounce off of whoever you were spinning into.

Its a much larger problem in Bannerlord. And when I say much larger I mean something that was a nonfactor previously became a huge issue.

^^^^ You would NEVER EVER see anything like that in Warband.

Is this even a bug or what? The voulge in itself is a weird weapon because TaleWorlds cranked up the chain attack speed way too much.
@AVRC

Back
Top Bottom