BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Different approach on limits

Do you want 3inf/3cav and 3inf/3archers added to current BEAST limits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd argue that 3 cav is easier to counter than 2 cav and 2 archers, if a team opts for this 3/3 composition you know they won't have any other non-inf classes other than the ones they picked, so you can play with that info in mind.

I really see no harm in having this option, it means less non-inf classes on the field at the same time.
It's not about countering any strategy, it's about the fact that Cavalry Class is being over powered. Archer class is really weak and it's so hard to shoot if we compare it to Warband. Therefore, only skilled archers can do something and they have limits. On the other hand, Cavalry Class is just too strong and easy to play. With tanky horses, incredible amount of easy damage, easy bump/hit... Playing against 3 cavalries just destroys the game itself. We have 0 counter against 3 cavalries and the suggested system will bring a forced meta. Everyone will play 3 cav no matter what(in close map/in open map) due to the strenght of Cavalries.

3 teams from DM 3 teams from DR lmao 6/30 out of clans and not putting 3 archer 3 cavalry.
Probably it would be better for you to stop answering the thread, cuz you just keep embarassing yourself. There is no such thing as Bannerlord undergroung working aganist RM, it's just that people support ideas they like. My teams will all have internal votes for the final votes casted by their captains, same applies to DR.
It's not about countering any strategy, it's about the fact that Cavalry Class is being over powered. Archer class is really weak and it's so hard to shoot if we compare it to Warband. Therefore, only skilled archers can do something and they have limits. On the other hand, Cavalry Class is just too strong and easy to play. With tanky horses, incredible amount of easy damage, easy bump/hit... Playing against 3 cavalries just destroys the game itself. We have 0 counter against 3 cavalries and the suggested system will bring a forced meta. Everyone will play 3 cav no matter what(in close map/in open map) due to the strenght of Cavalries.
Not really, i see plenty of ways to actually counter 3inf/3cav. 4 Infantry 2 cav is one of them, cuz you can just simply stack your inf advantage somewhere with a proper spearman. Also 3:1:2 should work fairly well, cuz you can preasure their cav even tho they have more numbers.

All of your DM members have internal votes(!) as you said,but all of them are your friends and they are your co-captains basically.Its very suspicious you don't vote for 3 and removing 3arch/3 cavalry basically.And we have class restrictions to avoid 3 cavalry.

i see plenty of ways to actually counter 3inf/3cav. 4 Infantry 2 cav is one of them
No way. 3 cav 3 inf would destroy 2 cav 4 infantry. Infantry is way too weak, we can't even comparison it with cavalry. One of the three infantries just need to spam the spearman and meanwhile 3 cavs destroy the teamfight.

Probably it we would be better for you to stop answering the thread, cuz you just keep embarassing yourself. There is no such thing as Bannerlord undergroung working aganist RM, it's just that people support ideas they like. My teams will all have internal votes for the final votes casted by their captains, same applies to DR.
He isn't meant to everyone against RM or ect ;D He meant to If we agreed on this every captain will vote for this suggestion it is benefical for which community has more than 1 clan. It is no different from dictating what you want. Pump to Yes or No vote with 3 votes.

As a conclusion, Apri's words included most wisdom. We have class limit because of cavs, there is no meaning to semi-class limit with more cavs.

3 teams from DM 3 teams from DR lmao 6/30 out of clans and not putting 3 archer 3 cavalry.If vote with the teams for 3 in class restrictions if you want it so bad.
Probably it we would be better for you to stop answering the thread, cuz you just keep embarassing yourself. There is no such thing as Bannerlord undergroung working aganist RM, it's just that people support ideas they like. My teams will all have internal votes for the final votes casted by their captains, same applies to DR.

Just some little fact checking here: DR Superbia voted against Classlimits. So no not 3 Teams from DR. Thank you very much. Every Team is independent.

No way. 3 cav 3 inf would destroy 2 cav 4 infantry. Infantry is way too weak, we can't even comparison it with cavalry. One of the three infantries just need to spam the spearman and meanwhile 3 cavs destroy the teamfight.
I don't think we should give such a clear-cut answer, because if we admit that in the 2-4 formation there is an infantry playing pikeman, the result can be different

the pike is extremely powerful and too often underestimated because it is never played in competition because of the archers. Yet it has not stopped being buff and I will be happy to see it in an official match

So, 3inf and 3cav vs 2cav and 4 infs, This has never been tested and I am curious to know the result

All of your DM members have internal votes(!) as you said,but all of them are your friends and they are your co-captains basically.Its very suspicious you don't vote for 3 and removing 3arch/3 cavalry basically.And we have class restrictions to avoid 3 cavalry.
No. Main reason behind class limits was to keep infantry being played, 3 infantry seems like a number nice enough to enjoy the game, or I would say minimum number to enjoy the game.

He isn't meant to everyone against RM or ect ;D He meant to If we agreed on this every captain will vote for this suggestion it is benefical for which community has more than 1 clan. It is no different from dictating what you want. Pump to Yes or No vote with 3 votes.

As a conclusion, Apri's words included most wisdom. We have class limit because of cavs, there is no meaning to semi-class limit with more cavs.
So you are bassicly afraid that 3 teams having a democratic vote consisting of around 22 peopleis a choice that I will dictate. Excuse me, but I am not yet a tyrant hahaha.

Personally I would make it simpler, have only two rules:
1. Max 3 of any non-infantry class
2. Min 2 infantry at all times

Basically allows you to play most comps without giving the ability to play 3 3, including 3 1 2 or 1 3 2

I don't think we should give such a clear-cut answer, because if we admit that in the 2-4 formation there is an infantry playing pikeman, the result can be different

the pike is extremely powerful and too often underestimated because it is never played in competition because of the archers. Yet it has not stopped being buff and I will be happy to see it in an official match

So, 3inf and 3cav vs 2cav and 4 infs, This has never been tested and I am curious to know the result
Even yourself said that "I win duels against spearmen 95% of the time" Pro cavs know how to play against spearmen. Therefore, spearmen cannot bother cavs at all. About pikes, pikes are really weak against infantries. If any infantry facehug the pikeman, pikeman cannot do anything because pike bounces from close distance. Also, pike is very slow against infantry... It's just so easy to deal with pikeman. You can assign one of your infantries to deal with pikeman only and your pikeman problem will disappear.

Personally I would make it simpler, have only two rules:
1. Max 3 of any non-infantry class
2. Min 2 infantry at all times

Basically allows you to play most comps without giving the ability to play 3 3, including 3 1 2 or 1 3 2
That allows horror compositions like 2 inf 3 cav 1 archer.

Even yourself said that "I win duels against spearmen 95% of the time" Pro cavs know how to play against spearmen. Therefore, spearmen cannot bother cavs at all. About pikes, pikes are really weak against infantries. If any infantry facehug the pikeman, pikeman cannot do anything because pike bounces from close distance. Also, pike is very slow against infantry... It's just so easy to deal with pikeman. You can assign one of your infantries to deal with pikeman only and your pikeman problem will disappear.
It's true, I said that but spearmen are not pikemen who have faster lances than riders, longer pikes who do more damage and if the rider is clumsy, the pikeman can easily kill him with one shot. For having done a lot of duels against them, I think I can lower my victory ratio very low when I fight against someone who knows how to use his pike

the cavs are good but let's not forget that they need the pressure of their allies on the ground to win and if the fight on the ground is lost, it is very difficult for one rider to make the difference alone and I think that the other riders will not say the contrary

Last edited:
Messages in this thread look like political slogans to me:
Everyone will play 3 cav no matter what
Remember:
DM shaped the class limit to its roster while RM shaped its roster to the class limit.
it's just that people support ideas they like
It is no different from dictating what you want.
I am not yet a tyrant
_114898511_hi062045152.jpg

Also for any confused infantry player on why me, FATHER OF LIMITS, wants to make them less restrictive, it's beacuse that way we will actually see more infantries fielded. People will be more keen on playing 3 inf minimum, without going down to extremes of making inf a run-around-poinltessly class.

So for me, INFANTRY PLAYER, adding these 2 new compositions means more teamfights, and more enjoyable game.

It sounds interesting, but in practice it can make the game better or worse. I think we could test this format and apply it in the next tournaments (BEAST5).

Back
Top Bottom