BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Different approach on limits

Do you want 3inf/3cav and 3inf/3archers added to current BEAST limits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I will talk from patterns master point of view and also as main infantry class player.

I hate playing with or against teams who play 2/2/2, infantry is the most played class by the competitive players, I don't understand how we reached the point where infantry is as weak as it is now and the best composition (with limits) is playing 2/2/2. I started to play competitively on Bannerlord in late September and I played a lot of pick ups in it's golden age, most of the composition I saw was at least 3 infs and most of the time 4 and sometimes even 5, the most skilled infs were winning the fights, there was long and good groupfighting with infantry, of course cav and archer had impact as well, but seriously look at team fight now, random bump hit, random shoot from nowhere, cav going brain dead in because they don't risk anything it's pure non sense. There is no esthetic in infantry fights anymore and that bother me a lot as inf is my main class. The goal of an inf should not be to run away and hide, everyone want to see high balistic stabs and kick slashes. Some days ago on DM pick ups we played some matches against 3 cavs 3 infs it was even worse, it was literally the Wakanda, the fight were just about getting bounced from left and right like a doll, so no ty.

For me the best class limit is 2 cavs 2 archers max with 2/2/2 banned, and I will use that rule in the next edition of Draft Cup.

Fact some of you losers want class limits is pathetic. Learn to play. If the game is not ready to be played without community limits maybe the game isn’t ready to be played at all? One to think about.

Skirmish should be 9v9
pls fix
I'm a person who beleives in no limits but this is lowkey so true, having 6v6 instead of 8v8 used to create a lot of compositional unstablity in warband aswell, in 6v6 open maps you wouldnt even want inf if it wasnt for shield drops. In earliest days of warband I remember people saying "if you are not 12v12ing you are playing a broken game". Also having less people means less room for specialization in tasks in a team which ends up in teams playing very monotonous tactics most of the time.

Because it always boils down to this: You cant have single cav because even if having less cav is ok strategtywise having no cav never is, and cav can sometimes die really early (if u play very conservative your impact in the game lessened a lot) so you end up needing at elast 2 cav. And for archers if you have one having the second one is more valuable than (single archer)x2 beacuse crossfire.

I guess TW is considering how would we fit in "E-Sports Arena Booths" with 8 people since thats happening for defs.

I'm a person who beleives in no limits but this is lowkey so true, having 6v6 instead of 8v8 used to create a lot of compositional unstablity in warband aswell, in 6v6 open maps you wouldnt even want inf if it wasnt for shield drops. In earliest days of warband I remember people saying "if you are not 12v12ing you are playing a broken game". Also having less people means less room for specialization in tasks in a team which ends up in teams playing very monotonous tactics most of the time.

Because it always boils down to this: You cant have single cav because even if having less cav is ok strategtywise having no cav never is, and cav can sometimes die really early (if u play very conservative your impact in the game lessened a lot) so you end up needing at elast 2 cav. And for archers if you have one having the second one is more valuable than (single archer)x2 beacuse crossfire.

I guess TW is considering how would we fit in "E-Sports Arena Booths" with 8 people since thats happening for defs.

Just going to confess I am one of those that thinks 12 v12 is the lower limit for a fun & interesting match

So.. What happens if a patch somehow made a unit that is not cav or archer too strong (crazy I know). Will there be a rule change in the middle of the tournament in response to such an event or will it remain the current class limits till the end?

Wow, what are you talking about? So hard to guess it... :grin:
He talks about the skirmisher with 12 jareeds on Aserai.We tried it yesterday hits for 40 with 1 jareed you can do crossfire with them and kill everyone real quick.Archers are helpless.

We're not going to change make substancial changes once the tournament started.
We have stated before that changes and balancing issues are part of early acces.
Also the vote is final. There is no point in voting if we just change the outcome.

On top of that from a player's perspective, we all knew that changes are coming.
Avrc already said that a hotfix is coming and they try to release it today

Back
Top Bottom