Did You Know that the Main Quest Can 'Time Out'? I think this should be changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

I've just achieve Clan level 4 and .... nothing ! I'm still a very rich, very powerful, very high prestige .. Nobody .. "He who must not be named" I cannot even call up my Companion parties !! They wander about, helping far off cities, that does NOT benefit me. I have +50 relationship with a few merchants in a particular town (but no good troops to recruit from them).

PLEASE FIX THE KINGDOM TRIGGER.

Ah, I see, I was trying to find recent post by a dev saying exactly which part has a timer on it but I couldn't. A Dev tracker on the forum would be a great feature to have.

edit: found it as you said, the timer stops when a side has been picked
I was trying to figure out how the whole inheritance idea works if there is a timer on conquest. Now as I understand it the initial character has ten years to decide which path to choose, after that there is no limit and it could be one or possibly more of your kids to finish the job of conquering all the map whichever way you decided to go, resurrect the empire or start your own kingdom. It makes sort of sense except no choice given to your child to go another route. Does that sound about right?

I'm not loving the main quest. Do they intend for us to join a faction, get land, build it up, leave faction and then tell NPC to form Kingdom?
Because taking land as a rogue clan and going to the NPC is kinda a bad move under normal situations. Especially since you need 100 healthy units to move the quest, so you smash and grab a Castle and book it to the NPC..... ooops most of your units are wounded so it doesn't count as 100.... wait for them to heal....ooops land is getting sieged...... I admit I didn't actually wait around to see if it got sieged, I reset and will abuse the execution system and the catapults mmore before I take land for real. I'm curious if I execute everyone will all the land become neutral and I'll get cuddled out of taking land? Also if I finish the kingdom quest and then execute will the land all magically go to me at once like it does (to another AI faction)when a faction goes on the chopping block?

I was trying to figure out how the whole inheritance idea works if there is a timer on conquest. Now as I understand it the initial character has ten years to decide which path to choose, after that there is no limit and it could be one or possibly more of your kids to finish the job of conquering all the map whichever way you decided to go, resurrect the empire or start your own kingdom. It makes sort of sense except no choice given to your child to go another route. Does that sound about right?
Yeah indeed it does, at least to me.

Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Realm of Arkadia: Blade of Destiny (early 90's game)

There are probably more. And they are successful games with critical acclaim.
Fallout 2 gives you a fake sense of urgency "chosen one get the geck, we are starving" but unlike 1 you had infinite time.

Jagged Alliance 2 Is mixed strategy RPG and has time limit (zero Money if you take too time)
Kingdom Come Deliverance has soft limit in main quest: you can go ahead but some npc will die if you take time.

So what exactly does being a Kingdom mean in Bannerlord? I can already take a town and get money and use the garrison...... is it just to have flaky vassals and ability to form army? Or is there something I'm overlooking?
Seems kinda silly since I've wiped out 6 faction by myself.

Yeah indeed it does, at least to me.
I though that I might be ok with that concept, but now that I am at that point I realize that not only do I not like being forced into that decision by time pressure but I think it really goes against the concept of strategy which is to wait for the right moment to strike! I want to decide when that moment has come for me not some deadline that is disconnected from where I am at in the game. I am fine with them wanting to introduce a main quest, but setting a time limit for decisions is a really bad idea the more I think on it for RP and realistic immersion sake.
I hope they will hear the complaints and at least make it optional. I still think its an awesome game and I want it to succeed.

I got married at 35 to a lady about 10 years younger, so either I got lucky or the age limit is random. More likely other factors in play like charm?

If you were 36, I'd be surprised, but the mechanic I heard was that 35 was the limit, so it sounds like you just barely made it in time. I haven't heard anything to suggest the age of the woman matters.

Didnt they patch this so it doesn't anymore?

not sure if every stage of main quest can time out, but the part where you must join or create your own kingdom still can. If you're playing on harder difficulty it can be quite hard to take over a castle to make your own kingdom within 150 days

You're too old. After a certain age, I believe 35, you're too old to get married and can no longer initiate the process.

why 35 ????? Life begins at 30 !! Just because women lose out in their 30s doesn't mean men need too also ! Men have become fathers into their 80s !!!!!

Makes no sense unless Progressives are in control.

If you were 36, I'd be surprised, but the mechanic I heard was that 35 was the limit, so it sounds like you just barely made it in time. I haven't heard anything to suggest the age of the woman matters.

The limit for women is 35. The limit for men is 40 if I remember correctly.

why 35 ????? Life begins at 30 !! Just because women lose out in their 30s doesn't mean men need too also ! Men have become fathers into their 80s !!!!!

Makes no sense unless Progressives are in control.

???????????

You're too old. After a certain age, I believe 35, you're too old to get married and can no longer initiate the process.
But why do we start at almost 31? What did we do from 18-30? Not that I'm one to judge.... I mean I got like -100 in every skill IRL.....
but most of the NPC Lords are like level 26 including many that are only 20 years old.

I look forward to them adjusting all this stuff, but it was pretty funny in one game where my soon to be Husband flat out told me "I'm not attracted to you" and I told him it's just for political advancement...... then we pop'd out 9 kids in 550 days. Yeah.....

I though that I might be ok with that concept, but now that I am at that point I realize that not only do I not like being forced into that decision by time pressure but I think it really goes against the concept of strategy which is to wait for the right moment to strike! I want to decide when that moment has come for me not some deadline that is disconnected from where I am at in the game. I am fine with them wanting to introduce a main quest, but setting a time limit for decisions is a really bad idea the more I think on it for RP and realistic immersion sake.
I hope they will hear the complaints and at least make it optional. I still think its an awesome game and I want it to succeed.
Preaching to the choir friend. The main quest needs to be either changed or be optional i.e. sandbox mode (native, I know there are mods but meh).

Back
Top Bottom