Did TW remove the option to ask lords to find others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrei[beast]

Sergeant at Arms
I recently considered starting the quest with talk to 10 lords about the artefact thing. I had to first find Lucan and i had a hard time finding him. I thought that id i join the Northern Empire i could ask the lords where he is, as in Warband you could ask the lords in your nation, and cannot ask lords from other nations. The way i found him was because i joined an army wich went to take a city everyone was going to and found him there. Now the thing is i have to find the empress lady of the Southern Empire, and it's just really hard. The only guide i had was entering the encyclopedia and looking at her there, because it was telling me she was seen near etc 1/2/3 days ago then it resets to the last place she was seen and so on. I actually gave up and expect to just talk to her whenever i find her by accident.
This is actually bothering if they removed the feature to ask the lords.
Also, what is it with the "may i ask you a question"(i don't know if it is exactly like that) option and why i can't ever reply anything than "nevermind"

It doesn't work like this in Bannerlord, press "N" and use in-game encyclopedia. If you look up character you want to find, there is a text where he was seen last time. This information is refreshed anytime you visit some settlement.

It doesn't work like this in Bannerlord, press "N" and use in-game encyclopedia. If you look up character you want to find, there is a text where he was seen last time. This information is refreshed anytime you visit some settlement.
Well thanks i quess, but i think it was more interesting the way it was
Thanks anyway but what about the question option?
it just never works

It surely was a nice feature in WB....thank the gods modders exist and there is a mod for it....ah, there is also a mod to "follow" a party.

Best thing to do is just go around the map doing what you want if you pass any leader that can help you with the story you will see a little blue light beside them .just ask them about the battle .

Best thing to do is just go around the map doing what you want if you pass any leader that can help you with the story you will see a little blue light beside them .just ask them about the battle .
Fwiw, this isn't always true. On any given playthrough, I've found that 2 or 3 out of the 10 weren't marked with the blue "!" on campaign map. I don't know what set of circumstances results in an AI NPC getting marked with the ! for this quest....but "eligibility" apparently isn't the only factor. Probably just bugged...like much else in the main quest.

Fwiw, this isn't always true. On any given playthrough, I've found that 2 or 3 out of the 10 weren't marked with the blue "!" on campaign map. I don't know what set of circumstances results in an AI NPC getting marked with the ! for this quest....but "eligibility" apparently isn't the only factor. Probably just bugged...like much else in the main quest.
If you think about it gAmE Is iN eArlY aCcEsS
just kidding, don't mean to disrespect
Thing is, the game is great at the sandbox aspect, main storyline being supposed to be playable at a stable rate when the game is fully launched, y'now.

If you think about it gAmE Is iN eArlY aCcEsS
just kidding, don't mean to disrespect
Thing is, the game is great at the sandbox aspect, main storyline being supposed to be playable at a stable rate when the game is fully launched, y'now.
Yeah, agreed. Was just pointing out that looking for marked NPCs on the main map isn't the most reliable method, because some of them aren't marked, that's all.

Yeah, agreed. Was just pointing out that looking for marked NPCs on the main map isn't the most reliable method, because some of them aren't marked, that's all.
It's weird that many times you see all the lords piled up in 2 or 3 or even 1 army
It takes away the feeling you had in Warband when you just see lords moving around like it was actually a place people are travelling
As i travel i just see looters, bandits and caravans, they're all the same, i wanna see some actual men moving around, not just looters

I just put this down to let him no he dos not need to chase around the map trying to find leaders that other leaders have told him to look for. i done that when the game first came out it took me so long and stopped me from doing other stuff its a pain. so what i said was do what you want have fun if you see a leader with a blue marker next to him then talk to them. this would give him more time to have fun .. theres no rush to find these guys ..I have started 20 plus new games now and always find these guys why just walking around...

I recently considered starting the quest with talk to 10 lords about the artefact thing. I had to first find Lucan and i had a hard time finding him. I thought that id i join the Northern Empire i could ask the lords where he is, as in Warband you could ask the lords in your nation, and cannot ask lords from other nations. The way i found him was because i joined an army wich went to take a city everyone was going to and found him there. Now the thing is i have to find the empress lady of the Southern Empire, and it's just really hard. The only guide i had was entering the encyclopedia and looking at her there, because it was telling me she was seen near etc 1/2/3 days ago then it resets to the last place she was seen and so on. I actually gave up and expect to just talk to her whenever i find her by accident.
This is actually bothering if they removed the feature to ask the lords.
Also, what is it with the "may i ask you a question"(i don't know if it is exactly like that) option and why i can't ever reply anything than "nevermind"

I think what you and I share in our gaming experience is currently in Bannerlord, communication with other lords seems unnecessary/uninspired. Like the current marriage system, which consists of three unique conversations with the NPC and a conversation with his/her father, I thought their approach to this same system in Warband was more compelling/intriguing/rewarding. Did they approach other features the same way..?

I think what you and I share in our gaming experience is currently in Bannerlord, communication with other lords seems unnecessary/uninspired. Like the current marriage system, which consists of three unique conversations with the NPC and a conversation with his/her father, I thought their approach to this same system in Warband was more compelling/intriguing/rewarding. Did they approach other features the same way..?
They have to come with better conversation options
I've seen in the main page that during the early access they plan on improving the communication and story, so i trust them
The main thing i wait for is for them to optimize the game

Back
Top Bottom