Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone know it TW has a full time writer? Did it have one for Warband and the original Mount and Blade?
I suspect most of the game text was written by Steve Negus and possibly Armagan early in the project, and the later additions by English speaking programmers who worked on those features.
For example, this:
Summary: Text correction, terrible wording, wanderer talking about himself ( Choric of the Hills)

"We expect the lord not to expect us to behave like some serf in a safe southern estate."
We expect.. to expect : That's terrible writing.
...sounds like a German programmer wrote it. :smile:

Ideally all game text would go through some creative writer who would at least liven it up, and won't just correct mistakes.

Dialogues and quests are clearly one of the most undeveloped parts of the game, to put it nicely.
There is no lore, there is no background story, there is no progress, there are no meaningful characters or quests or dialogs.
Stop adding new quests that nobody enjoys and start adding depth and context to the existing ones.

This is definitely something that needs to be developed. I hope it isn't overlooked. It would do so much to make the game feel more complete, so much potential there. Atm it's more immersive if you avoid reading a lot of the dialogue.

Guilty until proven innocent. :grin:

BTW I thought Steve Negus was BL's official writer. Seems odd rereading his 2018 Dev Blog and comparing his aspirations to current dialogue. https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/42
Just picked up Warband's credits from the string files:
Writing:^Steve_Negus^Armagan_Yavuz^Ryan_A._Span
The last one is of course Winter who is likely to have moved on from Taleworlds after Warband.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of arguments that having lore and depth to characters and backstory isn't "sandbox-like" which to me is absolutely insane. It just feels so empty and soulless. It doesn't need to be Beleriand and Middle-Earth, but is a basic history, simple but unique histories for factions translating into culture and customs that tall of a task? Some significance and meaning to characters and things would be nice.

Also, can you tell me anything about the Battle of Pendraic?

Does anyone know it TW has a full time writer? Did it have one for Warband and the original Mount and Blade?
I suspect most of the game text was written by Steve Negus and possibly Armagan early in the project, and the later additions by English speaking programmers who worked on those features.
For example, this:

...sounds like a German programmer wrote it. :smile:

Ideally all game text would go through some creative writer who would at least liven it up, and won't just correct mistakes.
All of Warband's lore, including the House of Rolf and Jeremus' dialogue was written by Armagan's 5 day coffee and substance lore binge locked in his apartment in Dallas

I've seen a lot of arguments that having lore and depth to characters and backstory isn't "sandbox-like" which to me is absolutely insane. It just feels so empty and soulless. It doesn't need to be Beleriand and Middle-Earth, but is a basic history, simple but unique histories for factions translating into culture and customs that tall of a task? Some significance and meaning to characters and things would be nice.
I agree. Most interactions are mundane. They need more character. We're probably suffering from dialogue only being thought about for quests.
Also, can you tell me anything about the Battle of Pendraic?
Never heard of it. :xf-smile:

Do you have a quick question? Never mind!
Nooooo! I Yield! Pls stop! hahaha
Seems odd rereading his 2018 Dev Blog and comparing his aspirations to current dialogue.
Well, rereading that it's kinda sad.. "Also, more lords have backstories and those backstories matter more in how the game unfolds."
It doesn't really matters atm..
Yeah, for sure. It's the little things that together put some soul into the game..

To everyone concerned about the way Taleworlds is handling their dialogues, know that most mods will for the most part fix this and make them more immersive and medievalesque. If you just want to play regular bannerlord without a game changing mod there will probably be such a mod that changes the dialogue but not the game. Never expect much from taleworlds lol.

To everyone concerned about the way Taleworlds is handling their dialogues, know that most mods will for the most part fix this and make them more immersive and medievalesque. If you just want to play regular bannerlord without a game changing mod there will probably be such a mod that changes the dialogue but not the game. Never expect much from taleworlds lol.
Don't encourage them

Back
Top Bottom