Users who are viewing this thread

Count_Morfetico

Sergeant at Arms
Ok, first forgive me if this was already discussed (i did some search but couldn't find much)
Dialogues...
what is the actual status?
What i mean by this is, where would they take the dialogues? how much they will change from now to the actual release?
Is there more options to come? Maybe Soon™?
What is the point of "I have a quick question"? (seriously, i'm hating this option now lol) What it'll be?
It's already been pointed out that in warband there were so much more dialogue options..
I know it's a lot of questions but if anyone knows please tell me..
Thanks in advance!

ps.: I'm playing e1.6.2 currently but the dialogue just seems the same from the release of EA

Ok, first forgive me if this was already discussed (i did some search but couldn't find much)
Dialogues...
what is the actual status?
What i mean by this is, where would they take the dialogues? how much they will change from now to the actual release?
Is there more options to come? Maybe Soon™?
What is the point of "I have a quick question"? (seriously, i'm hating this option now lol) What it'll be?
It's already been pointed out that in warband there were so much more dialogue options..
I know it's a lot of questions but if anyone knows please tell me..
Thanks in advance!

ps.: I'm playing e1.6.2 currently but the dialogue just seems the same from the release of EA
Some improvements were made:
Lords are choosing their dialogue lines according to their traits in some situation.
Also they will change their attitudes (different poses) according to their traits.

But I don't think they added any depth so far, except the new dialogue lines for the new issues.
Though we can expect more in the future as TW officialy announced the addition of "civil wars" (will need more background, deeper dialogue etc, I guess).

PS : the "I have a quick question" was confirmed by Duh as a simple testing function.

there should be more dialogue options
there should be more options in the game in general, not only dialogues
meaningful ones, is all I ask..
Would be nice to have a meaningful dialogues. I don't understand the options right now. Introducing to the lord - you can choose the respectful option, the usual or the mean one and nothing will be changed.

When you are caught you may choose a sarcasm, or "We will fight to the death" as a true knight - and nothing will be changed. Why do we have all these if none of them matters in the end?

"I have a quick question..." -doesnt sound very medieval either. Whats next "OMG wassup you guyzzzz!! Can we be like, Friends 4Everrrrrrrr!"

One thing i always wondered is when they give you options on how to respond to a Lord you might encounter on the Field and one is kinda of Pacifist/Polite while the other one is Brash and Arrogant -does it matter or have any effect on their response on how you answer? It doesnt seem to. This was achieved all the way back in 1980 with Zork 1 text adventures

If a was a lord and a random peasant said to me ''Mark my name, you shall be hearing of me a lot'', and then proceeded to announce that he has ''quick questions'' to which he would follow up with a ''nevermind'' I would have him arrested

the insolence these days...

If a was a lord and a random peasant said to me ''Mark my name, you shall be hearing of me a lot'', and then proceeded to announce that he has ''quick questions'' to which he would follow up with a ''nevermind'' I would have him arrested

the insolence these days...
Idk if someone said that I'd think he was a complete badass or was insane, either way I probably wouldn't mess with him especially if he had a moderate to large army following him.

Guess i never really paid attention in Warband -id just assumed it affected my relations but now im wondering -did it ever feature correct dialogue branches and effects? Have they ever mentioned that these would be addressed and implemented in Bannerlord? Surely they cant think they are satisfactory

Guess i never really paid attention in Warband -id just assumed it affected my relations but now im wondering -did it ever feature correct dialogue branches and effects? Have they ever mentioned that these would be addressed and implemented in Bannerlord? Surely they cant think they are satisfactory
In Warband you could lose relationship if you're not being polite or respectful during your first encounter with lord. Morevoer, if you played as a female character, the lords were sexist and you could roast them back with some unique dialogues, available for female characters only (something like "A woman should not carry a banner" and you be like "How about I take your banner? And also your life").

That was really nice feature. Well, as you know, Bannerlord has no such things.

That was really nice feature. Well, as you know, Bannerlord has no such things.
I was hyped about the cultural differences that were planned for bannerlord, where men and women would have different social roles based on culture, but apparently that was dropped.
The feature from warband was really nice indeed.

"I have a quick question..." -doesnt sound very medieval either. Whats next "OMG wassup you guyzzzz!! Can we be like, Friends 4Everrrrrrrr!"

One thing i always wondered is when they give you options on how to respond to a Lord you might encounter on the Field and one is kinda of Pacifist/Polite while the other one is Brash and Arrogant -does it matter or have any effect on their response on how you answer? It doesnt seem to. This was achieved all the way back in 1980 with Zork 1 text adventures

You know what, now that something so painfully simple has been brought to my attention, I cannot "unsee" it. There were some things obviously that was said that I rolled my eyes too, but I've just realized how prevalent this kind of talk is in the game and how immersion breaking it is. lol

You know what, now that something so painfully simple has been brought to my attention, I cannot "unsee" it. There were some things obviously that was said that I rolled my eyes too, but I've just realized how prevalent this kind of talk is in the game and how immersion breaking it is. lol

Yeah man they really need someone to better set the time period tone for the entire game -its just off. I also really hate the way you go and attack some Sea Raiders and they have this puzzled look on their face and meet you with "We dont wanna fight with you". Like wtf?? What happened to "Im gonna tear you apart Limb from Limb!!". Its like they took all the delicious toxic masculinity that dominated the era and replaced it with current day apathy and nihilism 'Why fight..why bother...wheres my phone..".

Wake up TW -get some balls back in your game please. Medieval ones at that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom