In Progress Dialogue request to "gather all my companions" and come find me leads to a crash (repeatable bug)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.7
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-01-17_03.06.24_4fad524b502dc5d39f47374f5b22806b
In Pravend I completed the Inn and Out quest. Then I go to one of my companions and as my companion to gather all my companions and come find me. The companion then goes to talk with one of my other companions in the tavern and then the game crashes.

Uploaded the crash report:
2021-01-17_03.06.24_4fad524b502dc5d39f47374f5b22806b

Did this 3 times in a row...reloaded the game for the second time and rebooted my computer for the 3rd time.

Also I seem to be having a problem with this request in general as it sometimes is an option and sometimes is not available. Other times, no one shows up. But if I stay in the tavern and wait for my companion to speak to my other companion the game crashes every time.

Crashed the game again. This time I asked my companion to gather all my companions and find me before resolving the Inn and Out and I was in the tavern in Ocs Hall. Also, I did some testing to see if my companions health has anything to do with the option to gather my companions being present or not and it's not a factor. All at 100% health, no option, and this time, all were low in health (around 20-27%) and the option was available.

2021-01-17_16.04.36_4fad524b502dc5d39f47374f5b22806b

Tried this again, but without the Inn and Out quest being active or just completed. When I ask my companion to gather all my companions the game crashed. However, it worked recently too.What seems to be happening is the option to gather all my companions when I click on the option to wander around the town usually isn't available (like 80% of the time). I haven't figured out why this is, it doesn't seem to be related to morale or health. Currently at level 2 clan status (started over for the new patch). Even when the option isn't available anywhere else, it is available in the tavern, but when I use it there it;s caused the game to crash 4 out of 5 times.

2021-01-18_11.41.10_4fad524b502dc5d39f47374f5b22806b

Thank you for the update. I've been playing with this to see if I could learn some more about it. I don't have any ideas about what causes the crash (but I can confirm I don't have any crafted weapons in inventory and it still crashes). However, I may have information about the option not being present. It may be that if 1 companion is in the tavern and 1 companion is not, the option to ask for all companions to be gathered will not be an available dialogue option. With that in mind, I can say that the crash has occurred when all the companions started off in the tavern (and sometimes the crash doesn't happen when all are starting in the tavern). I don't think it matters where they start from, so long as they are all either in or out of the tavern, I just can't confirm what happens outside the tavern as (if I'm right about the dialogue option), most of the time when 1 companion has been outside, the other has been inside the tavern. Hope that's useful.

I've figured out a little more about what is going on. Four variables for this which may explain my slowness to figure it out:

I have2 companions in my party. If I enter a village, 1 will be at my side and 1 will be somewhere else in the village. Lets call the one at my side Companion A, and the other Companion B.

Now, If I go into a city and 1 companion is on the street, and one companion in in the Tavern, I won't have an option to ask either to gather all my companions and meet me. In this case, Companion A will be at my side if I enter the city, and B will be in the tavern if I go directly to the tavern.

If they are both in the street, and I go directly to the tavern, I won't see either one in the tavern. If they are both in the tavern and I go to the city center, I won't see either one. Assuming both are healthy enough to fight, if I don't see either one, I go to the other location and find one or both companions.

Now here is where the crash happens. IF they are both in the tavern, and I ask companion B to gather my companions, the game crashes. If I ask companion A, everything works as it should. IF they are both on the street, when I go to the city center, companion A is already at my side and the option works as it should. In my case, most of the time, both are in the tavern, and I was asking the "wrong" companion which triggered the crash.

Sorry it took me so long to figure out the specifics on this, but what I just described seems to work every time. One thing that strikes me as odd, I have companion B higher up in my list (when you open the company option which shows all your troops), so not sure what causes 1 to be "A" and the other "B", but that is what's happening.

Setting this up before going to work this morning. I was able to locate a save file where the companions are split (1 in the tavern, 1 on the street) where there is no option to have either go find "all party members and come find me". I uploaded the save file and copied the link to this thread per your request.

To my surprise, even though I found saved files where both party members were in the tavern, I wasn't able to repeat the crash at all this morning. I'll try moving my party to towns of different cultures and see if I can replicate it again. My party culture is Vlandian, and it wasn't happening when I was in Battanian Towns, so I'll give a try at a Imperial town and see if that triggers it.

2021-01-31_14.34.30_4fad524b502dc5d39f47374f5b22806b
Crashed again this morning (took some time off from playing). Same save as I checked before. I was able to gather all my companions. Fought the thugs at the waterfront (or clearing I forgot already), everything worked. I crafted some weapons, but only 1 showed up in inventory. Went back to the tavern afterwards, asked my companion to gather all my companions and come find me, and it crashed. I'll upload the save game file to the link as well.

Maybe this connected to the crash that occurs with engaging bandits when you have crafted weapons in inventory? Maybe a lag issue where my extra crafted items didn't show up??

Hello, we are aware of this issue and working hard to fix it as soon as possible. However, i have forwarded your save file and Crash ID to the QA team. Thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom