Resolved Dialogue freezes when granting fief to companion on "I am thinking of a different location"

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Dialogue freezes and can't be continued or exited when promoting a companion in party to nobility.
The freeze or softlock occurs when during the fief selection after selecting "I am thinking of a different location".
Clicking to continue no longer works and the only way to escape is to alt+f4 the game (can't quit to main menu in ironman mode). Which companion is selected does not seem to make a difference. Starting the game in the normal way or with the new continue feature as no effect on the result as well.
(Addtional remark this save game started in e1.6.5)
How to Reproduce:Trying to promote a companion to vassal status with enough fiefs so there is a second page in the dialogue should hopefully do the trick.
Have you used cheats and if so which: I used cheats to grant companions with 0 riding skill riding exp when saddle horses were broken last patch(campaign.add_skill_xp_to_hero).
I also granted my character 1 attribute point (campaign.add_attribute_points_to_hero) because frankly skills capping out at 274 with 6 attribute points and 5 focus points is a stupid gameplay design decision in my opinion.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): Recording of the bug(Of course you can't see this but imagine me left-clicking furiously at the end)
Computer Specs:
GPU: Zotac Nvidia 1080 GTX
GPU Driver Version: GeForce Game Ready-Driver 461.40, 497.09 (updated just to be sure of course it didn't change anything)
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 16,0GB Dual-Channel G Skill RipJaws @ 1066MHz
Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Gaming K4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD)

Edit: Ticket with the save game file is sent.

Last edited:
For me, the game menu still comes up when I hit escape, so you don't have to force close the game to "close" the dialog.
Yes as I mentioned I played ironman mode. So I can't quit to the main menu without saving and the game doesn't allow saves in mid dialogue. You can see me opening the game menu with esc in the video I linked. So I guess the bug only results in a softlock for ironman.

Do you have a save file just before the conversation happened?
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom