Devs Seeking Feedback on 1.15x Economy Balance

Users who are viewing this thread

(See http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3969)

Is fief income and prosperity noticeably (and problematically) higher in 1.15x versus 1.143?
Any constructive feedback that can be offered on the new production system/balance would be useful.

Towns are always "Very Rich" and produce immense amounts of tariffs and tax income.
I'm not sure about castle and village income, but their economic status descriptions seem normal, fluctuating between very poor and very rich during the course of the game.

I suspect the issue has something to do with the rearrangement of the town good production introduced in patch 1.151.

I used TweakMB to change base income levels, but I have noticed that the vast majority of villages I've visited are at max prosperity. Even after getting raided, after the village is 'rebuilt' it seems to be instantly (or possibly very quickly, before I could notice a change) returned to full prosperity.

EDIT: I actually switched back to stock income levels without remembering so that shouldn't matter.

I don't usually pay attention to prosperity at castles/towns because I've never actually owned one (is it just a massive grind to get to that point or by 200 days in should I have more than just 2 villages?). That said, I have noticed that Towns are usually at a high level of prosperity, but I'm not familiar enough with the town wealth flavor text to say for sure. What I do know was that the Vaegir town the Guild Master claimed was the 4th-poorest around still had very positive flavor text.

The biggest economy change I've noticed is that I'm having a hard time making money from trade, much more than I used to. It seems to be that bid/ask spreads blew way out, so even goods in abundance that should be cheap/don't fetch much when sold are relatively pricey to buy. With a moderate Trade skill (3 or 4), and depending on the town I visit, I used to be able to reliably get offers (if not from the first town, than generally from 1 or 2 after) for trade profits in the mid-high 100s, sometimes more. Now it's pretty rare that I see predicted profits over 60 or so, and often when I do, when I start lifting bids I drive the price way up so as to make further buying unprofitable.

So overall I think passive income is much improved, I always felt that villages were a little pathetic, but either I'm doing it wrong or trading isn't worth the time anymore.

Also it's really hard to find Furs now, the coat-making quest (not sure if this is stock or diplomacy) is now damned difficult because that ingredient is so elusive.

I'm surprised the devs are still working on Warband. I thought they abandoned it based on how empty the forums are in Fire & Sword.

I did some study on how price index worked. Here is the bug report that I uploaded.

http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3070

I will also post the link on that bug report that you linked.

I did notice a change, however that has not lasted. when I first took alburq castle, it gave me 14000 (no joke) in rents week one, and then around 1400, then 1200, then less, then less...basically it started out more balanced/richer, but it has slipped back as the game has progressed. Im in the late 200s for days.  Also, items are still fairly high priced even with local businesses there ie oil and tools.

I once recieved Derchios Castle from King Ragnar and I got 10000 denars the first tax week. :grin:

I was wondering why weird stuff like that happens. Made me sad when I only got 1000 denars the next week, though...

Jacob/Lee said:
I once recieved Derchios Castle from King Ragnar and I got 10000 denars the first tax week. :grin:

I was wondering why weird stuff like that happens. Made me sad when I only got 1000 denars the next week, though...
Happens when the NPC lords don't collect rents from their castle for some time and they get built up. Unlike the player, the NPC lords needs to visit the fief to collect rents generated there. So there was a big build up as Ragnar had other fiefs he was getting plenty of income from so he wasn't visiting Derchios.

Just my own unscientific recollections.

Castle income is up significantly. In 1.4* you could not count on any income form them, in 1.5* they give more and steadier income.

Villages seem to recover quicker and achieve higher levels of prosperity faster.

Towns I think are a little down in overall revenue, in 1.4* one town made you rich, not so in 1.5*. Though some of the high traffic towns (IE Halmar, Nara) are still big on income, while isolated towns (IE Yalen, Tihr) are worth about two castles.

Caba`drin said:
Jacob/Lee said:

Happens when the NPC lords don't collect rents from their castle for some time and they get built up. Unlike the player, the NPC lords needs to visit the fief to collect rents generated there. So there was a big build up as Ragnar had other fiefs he was getting plenty of income from so he wasn't visiting Derchios.

I didn't know about this until the other night. I received Fenanda (sp?) after one of our lords was kicked from our faction for treason and I ended up receiving over 2k in rent for the first week!

Back
Top Bottom