Devs insist on class system for balance reasons (maybe rightly so), but I want more customization options.

Users who are viewing this thread

lockefeer

Sergeant at Arms
I kinda like the balance we have at the moment, but devs are forgetting one of the reasons why we want the warband equipment system back : cosmetic purposes & unique player characters.

There is a simple compromise to this. Keep the current class system , but define a few equivalent armor pieces that the player can choose between for every class.

Example: There are many northern culture helmets and hats in the game. When you choose to play as a sturgian warrior and pick the extra armor perk, you get a nasal helmet variant. The thing is, the game (singleplayer) has like 5 nasal helmet models that are similar in protection, but the character (multiplayer) can wear only one of them! Just let us pick between those 5 helmets, solely for cosmetic purposes!

Let us choose what type of heavy helmet our vlandian sergeant wears, let us choose which light tunic/cloth our imperial recruit wears etc. you get what I mean.

This would not create a confusion when recognising a certain classes in game, since you would know that the only class that wears a heavy vlandian chainmail would be either a sergeant or a knight etc.

This would give every player a certain freedom to choose what their character looks like without altering it too much from what their class is supposed to look like, it would make mp more colorful and fun. What do you guys think?

Just wait for the skins. Pretty sure it includes the ability to modify certain helmets individually.

The catch is that you will be forced to play on the matchmaking (where only certain people play) and all the people who play on custom servers won't be able to unlock those. Which is like almost everyone.

Unless TW is planning to somehow integrate such a system into custom servers without any way of it being exploited.

Just wait for the skins. Pretty sure it includes the ability to modify certain helmets individually.

The catch is that you will be forced to play on the matchmaking (where only certain people play) and all the people who play on custom servers won't be able to unlock those. Which is like almost everyone.

Unless TW is planning to somehow integrate such a system into custom servers without any way of it being exploited.
Mordhau did it good tbh

Balance purposes? Oh, bloody hell! In Warband I had my personal favourite loadout for each faction (1h/jarids for Sarranid, 2h axe for the Nords etc etc). In Bannerlord I am forced to play loadouts pre-chosen for me. I spend most of my time dying looking to pick up the weapons I want.

Because of OP cav, I always want a pike. I also want a hard hitting two hander because I can't figure out the stupid 1h/shield mechanics. Actually, I can't figure out the 2H crap either, but if I hit someone from behind they die.

So... how are they bringing balance to the force? If you die a couple times you are a peasant who can't hit or defend. When I was a noob in Warband I would focus my money on armour and shields and hope to pick up a weapon... as a noob you are mostly turtling. Just try turtle as a noob in BL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. If you die, you gotta fight twice as hard to get your coins mwah ha ha hah ha!

I kinda like the balance we have at the moment, but devs are forgetting one of the reasons why we want the warband equipment system back : cosmetic purposes & unique player characters.

There is a simple compromise to this. Keep the current class system , but define a few equivalent armor pieces that the player can choose between for every class.

Example: There are many northern culture helmets and hats in the game. When you choose to play as a sturgian warrior and pick the extra armor perk, you get a nasal helmet variant. The thing is, the game (singleplayer) has like 5 nasal helmet models that are similar in protection, but the character (multiplayer) can wear only one of them! Just let us pick between those 5 helmets, solely for cosmetic purposes!

Let us choose what type of heavy helmet our vlandian sergeant wears, let us choose which light tunic/cloth our imperial recruit wears etc. you get what I mean.

This would not create a confusion when recognising a certain classes in game, since you would know that the only class that wears a heavy vlandian chainmail would be either a sergeant or a knight etc.

This would give every player a certain freedom to choose what their character looks like without altering it too much from what their class is supposed to look like, it would make mp more colorful and fun. What do you guys think?
Exactly this is being worked on at the moment. First iteration will contain some items from SP, we will add more later over time.

1h/jarids for Sarranid, 2h axe for the Nords etc etc
I'm not gonna argue about which game's class system is better ( I prefer warband one too), but these loadouts you mention exist in bannerlord mp too. Aserai skirmisher and Sturgian Warrior/Berserker.
the people who play on custom servers won't be able to unlock those.
Did they mention before that the skins are going to be unlockable ? I was just thinking everything would be available without needing unlock. Guess I'm a bit naive haha.

Exactly this is being worked on at the moment. First iteration will contain some items from SP, we will add more later over time.
Awesome to hear. Are they going to be unlockable or just available to everyone from the beginning?

In captain mode the bots get a diverse choice so I assume it wouldn’t be difficult to implement at all, just make the stats the same, but hey at least we get to pick what teeth we want

What is this "balance" you people are talking about? There's no such thing in Bannerlord.
Really, the current system has absolutely no benefits at all. We've all been through this, we've run the arguments, we now have player numbers to prove it; it's a waste of effort and should've been abandoned long ago. The Warband system is literally better in every way.

What is this "balance" you people are talking about? There's no such thing in Bannerlord.
Really, the current system has absolutely no benefits at all. We've all been through this, we've run the arguments, we now have player numbers to prove it; it's a waste of effort and should've been abandoned long ago. The Warband system is literally better in every way.
Yeah but that won’t happen. So probably should stop complaining about it

Class system has no benefit at all when it comes to balance. Look at the latest patch, they are balancing the items just like if it was warband's system. They have to balance items + classes + factions instead of items only. They are clearly jesting this cant be serious.

Did they mention before that the skins are going to be unlockable ? I was just thinking everything would be available without needing unlock. Guess I'm a bit naive haha.
This is a guess, when modding is on the center of your game, there is bound to be issues on having certain stuff implemented when it communicates with official servers. And custom server are at the very core of that when you see what people did with it in warband.

Can't share the details yet but you will be able to get them all just by playing.
I get that it's probably not your decision about what details to share, but most of the negative posts on the forums are about not knowing what the future looks like and having to guess based on tiny crumbs of information, seems like you guys were very open about what features the game would have before, but all of a sudden you guys are working behind the Iron Curtain. Maybe releasing a roadmap even if people didn't like what it said would help quell alot of the anxiety, the post's I've seen that did give details were very vague and only addressed the super short term.

Back
Top Bottom