Devs have abandoned MP, time to leave the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Prove it.
then prove why it was bs and dont be a smartass.

BNYQOIE.jpeg

As i've mentioned in other threads, a lot of the imbalances that i've seen during the lifespan of Bannerlord have been prevalent long enough that it's pretty clear to me that they are intentional.
  • Taleworlds WANTS this game to be treated as a 2009 tactical shooter because all-archer teams can make infantry and cavalry unplayable in non-Captain modes.
  • Recruits have consistently been the worst peasant unit just because it'll fit the lore that the Empire's conscript army is so huge that they lack the resources to properly train and equip them, thus forcing the Recruits to rely on superior numbers to overwhelm the better trained and better equipped grunts of other factions. Unfortunately, Skirmish is balanced around 6v6 games, meaning that having those conscripts 3v1 their enemies isn't going to be a realistic scenario.
  • Vlandia's just a mess. I've already said my piece multiple times on how the Sharpshooter's a boss battle at best and a god mode cheat at worst, so i'm just gonna start mentioning how the Peasant Levy has lost one of the best two-handed spears in the game just because the devs wanted a meme perk
  • Sturgia's certainly in a better position than what I remember it being, though I feel as if part of it has to do with the dev team getting bored of treating them like crap since 2020. If only they got bored of constantly spoiling Vlandia
  • Speaking of Sturgia, I can't help but think that they could do a better job at actually balancing them.
    • Brigand's in a pretty bad position, in that the only viable loadout is Improved Armor/Axe Thrower, just to exploit the stupid fast swinging speed of the throwing axe melee. IMO, throwing axe melee should still be a valid tactic, but it shouldn't be their only tactic.
      • I don't think TaleWorlds understands why the Axe Thrower perk was a popular pick even after its nerf. It's not because its such a powerful weapon that it needs its ranged utility to be reined in. Rather, the Brigand's melee weapons are so pathetic that you're actually better off using the throwing axe as a melee weapon. I think the accuracy cone could be reduced by 40-50% so as to still have it be usable in medium range, though you wouldn't be able to headshot with it outside pure dumb luck.
      • Shortsword should be the default weapon, with a basic cudgel being the new weapon upgrade perk (Similar damage and speed but has blunt damage. This should free up the Perk 2 slot so as to make Javelins or Throwing Spear actually usable.
      • Another buff they could throw in would be to supplement the Ash Throwing Spear with Aserai throwing axes with their pre-1.6.1 stats. They'll obviously be weaker than every other throwing weapon, but the damage output should be such that you can still defend yourself against most peasants in the game.
    • Dunno how the devs can balance the Varyag, though I do agree that it's a little unimpressive compared to the Vlandian Sergeant and Imperial Legionary. I feel like the Noble Axe could get axed though, since its damage output and speed isn't significant enough that it's worth losing an extra 9 points of armor.
    • Shield perk on the Hunter could use a buff. I can understand having a weaker ranged weapon as a tradeoff for being able to block enemy projectiles, though the Sturgian Sword is a straight downgrade from the Raider Axe. I think a good way to buff this would be to replace the Sturgian Sword with the Light Mace that was formerly on the Varyag.
  • From the one time I played a bit of Bannerlord after sinking 3 weeks into Chivalry 2, I couldn't help but notice that Aserai can still get flattened by heavy armor. I still think that a good way to resolve this would be to replace the Sturdy Perk 2 perk with Improved Armor, and have the Tabar be replaced with a Quarterstaff, which could work as a bastard polearm so if the player can find a shield off the ground, he'd then have a dedicated thrusting weapon similarly to the Khuzait Glaive on the Khan's Guard.
  • Even in some of the classes that are otherwise balanced, some perk choices feel like straight downgrades to the other options.
Once again, I feel like i should mention that Bannerlord's multiplayer component is in such a state that people would rather take compromises with their dislike towards the Epic Games Store just because the competing product is A: actually a multiplayer medieval combat game and not a tactical shooter poorly disguised as one, and B: Has far fewer balancing issues because the dev team isn't making things useless or overpowered as intentional design decisions... Except maybe the Javelin cuz the Throwing Axe in Chiv2 is better in every way. Point being, there's a LOT that TaleWorlds needs to address with Bannerlord multiplayer before June because with the way things are currently going, the belated Steam release of Chivalry 2 will be the final nail in the coffin for Bannerlord multiplayer.

Last edited:
Everyone just calm down i'm sure there is a very good reason for all of this

You are being rather dramatic. Battle mode will be released soon and I suppose ranked skirmish and custom servers are coming later that year. There was a public test for battle mode(it's already implemented on the 1.7.0 version). No other game will have such a good combat system. Even though this combat is a bit worse than warband it's still better than mordhau and chivarly 2 combat so It's not gonna die. The golden age of this game will be in 1 or 2 years from now. Once the community or devs develop the custom servers and mods start coming out along with maps for big scale events.

But I can say for the resources and amount of people involved in the company they are slow.
Imagine being this brain lit ?

Everyone just calm down i'm sure there is a very good reason for all of this
Sure. It was a nice cashgrab for TW, what other reason do you need for this amount of incompetence?
MP got shafted hard and even if they are working on some updates for it, it for sure does not look like they still give a fu*k about it.
ea46fb29710c2e1b206ffd542c155447.png

Warband combat is inferior to Bannerlord's in Warband people look down and are f*king naked and destroy everyone

In Warband, spears are useless, one handed with shield is UNPLAYABLE!!! and that's coming from a one-handed+shield 1k+ hours main!!!
Spears are supoptimal (not useless) in Warband SP, because you don't need them there. MP is a different story. As opposed to bots that don't use cavalry very effectively, humans do. Without a spear or ranged weapon it's really difficult to counter a human player that plays cav competently.

One handed spear with shield does not exist in a vacuum. You use this to assist team mates and to counter cav while under archer/xbow fire. If you're not under fire, you switch to 2H spear (and decent players typically block well enough for the lack of a shield to not be an issue).

People just play naked in Warband for lulz, if there are good archers on enemy team it's clearly suboptimal to risk additional one hit deaths. If they 'destroy everyone' it's because everyone else on the server is bad, in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom