Devs and "Community" Employees Are Averaging Less than 1 Post Per Day - Where Is The Engagement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Having said that, the release plans do state that we intend to update the game for some time to come.
I know that you are not working on multiplayer, but is it possible for you to forward(remind, apparently) MP team these threads?
It is really a shame that these bugs weren't fixed for such long time. At this point all I want is a game without nasty bugs, nothing else I can hope for.

What information?
There is a long-standing published roadmap, which TW are still working to complete, as you very well know.
I'm trying to get the information out of them.
You or I might like things added to Bannerlord outside TW’s roadmap, but technically they’ll be finished when they complete it (subject to bug fixing). Asking for dates is pointless. TW are useless at deadlines. They only met the console contractual release date of 25th October by publishing unfinished vs their roadmap.

@Duh_TaleWorlds since you're offering to answer questions regarding features outlined in the future plans post, could you broadly describe how sally out mechanics will work?

I mean, will it be a "siege battle" with limited enemy numbers where we leave with our units (also will cavalry units stay mounted for sally out?) out of the castle/town gate to destroy siege engines? Or maybe will it be something similar to attacking a bandit hideout at night?

Also, I know this hasn't been mentioned in any plans, but has there been any talks about improving the banner (the actual flag of our clan) creation?

There is a long-standing published roadmap, which TW are still working to complete, as you very well know.

You or I might like things added to Bannerlord outside TW’s roadmap, but technically they’ll be finished when they complete it (subject to bug fixing). Asking for dates is pointless. TW are useless at deadlines. They only met the console contractual release date of 25th October by publishing unfinished vs their roadmap.

I'm sorry but what is this?

Im not asking about the content in the roadmap. I'm not asking about to put things in the roadmap. I'm asking when they expect to be finished with the game.

Backing up TW by saying it pointless holding them accountable for keeping their customers in the dark is rediculous.

The "patches" they release wouldn't be so sour is we knew that the game is to be completed in Q3 2023. Instead, we get hotfix after hotfix of 90% bug and crash fixes, some brought in my the previous hotfix. It's seems like a never ending cycle, all in which keeps the modders and player away due to their instability.

If you don't call out these developers and their ****ty behaviour of releasing unfinished games, then it's only going to get worse.

Backing up TW by saying it pointless holding them accountable for keeping their customers in the dark is rediculous.
Think. They’ll tell us when they know. However, they don’t currently have a clue. At one point TW suggested releasing the game “in some form” in 2016 or 2017. EA was only supposed to last a year. The game was supposed to be fully completed well before the console release date. There’s no time and motion studies or hard project planning here. If there was, they would have published the game in a far less polished state and without any on-going commitment. Personally, I prefer TW’s long-term commitment to supporting the game/engine to a one-off throw away sub-standard product. If they didn’t care, they would have given you just what you asked for.

"Nobody in any large project ever knows how long it will take." Sorry I just had to write that out myself to really get a grasp of how silly that statement was.
Look, I don't like the state of the game as it is or how poor some communication has been relayed with regards to feedbacks throughout the EA (and post-release) but there is nothing silly in that statement.
But you won't be getting a 'hard date' on update patches; **** happens of all sorts that could delay it.

The context of what that sally-out 'feature' will be? That could be more open but TW are deciding not to elaborate further than that one or two sentences.

Think. They’ll tell us when they know. However, they don’t currently have a clue. At one point TW suggested releasing the game “in some form” in 2016 or 2017. EA was only supposed to last a year. The game was supposed to be fully completed well before the console release date. There’s no time and motion studies or hard project planning here. If there was, they would have published the game in a far less polished state and without any on-going commitment. Personally, I prefer TW’s long-term commitment to supporting the game/engine to a one-off throw away sub-standard product. If they didn’t care, they would have given you just what you asked for.

*I think*, you're pulling this out of your ass.

Have TW told you these things:

The game was supposed to be fully completed well before the console release date.

There’s no time and motion studies or hard project planning here. If there was, they would have published the game in a far less polished state and without any on-going commitment.

Or are you just stating these as facts for the sake of having an argument?

TW 1: "We keep breaking the game and introducing bugs and crashes every time we put out a hotfix/patch. There is no way we're going to meet our deadlines. Were going to have to cut features and mechanics from the game and maybe scale back the diplomacy and lore where it is almost non-existent and inconsistent where it remains.

TW 2: "okay, what do we tell the customers?"

TW1: "nothing, let the white knights handle it"

🤡: "Personally, I prefer TW’s long-term commitment to supporting the game/engine to a one-off throw away sub-standard product. If they didn’t care, they would have given you just what you asked for."

@FireBlazinCandy I think you get your answer. No date for patches/update. This is the final answer to your question. If you want to know more about features or planned, you can check future plans and ask to devs here. If you hate to be here your problem, if you want attention, why here? Let's think a moment that you are right, so what? What will change, what are you trying to achieve? If you get a date like 25.04.2023 for the final release of updates, what will change in your life? You have a game broken or missing part or complete for you, while playing this game or other games or travelling world, this game will be update. Knowing the date would not change anything in your life. When it comes, you will know it and play it.

@FireBlazinCandy I think you get your answer. No date for patches/update. This is the final answer to your question. If you want to know more about features or planned, you can check future plans and ask to devs here. If you hate to be here your problem, if you want attention, why here? Let's think a moment that you are right, so what? What will change, what are you trying to achieve? If you get a date like 25.04.2023 for the final release of updates, what will change in your life? You have a game broken or missing part or complete for you, while playing this game or other games or travelling world, this game will be update. Knowing the date would not change anything in your life. When it comes, you will know it and play it.

I paid for a product. I want to know roughly when I get the finished product.

It's really not that difficult to wrap your head around.

I figured it wasn't on the nose enough and elaborated my confusion for your convenience :smile:

I did here:

If you have a specific question about the topics that we announced in the release plans, I am happy to answer what I can.
any update on AI lords being able to be put in prison by other Ai lords when they have full dungeons. It's been 6 months and this is still an issue. Can you just make it so AI lords are put into dungeons even if full. When we get lords most times they escape our party because very dungeon is full and we can't donate them

*I think*, you're pulling this out of your ass.

Or are you just stating these as facts for the sake of having an argument?
NPC knows a lot about their internal problems, but tends to rationalize them as unavoidable fate. I see his posts as informative and unnecessarily apologetic on behalf of TW, as if TW can be held responsible only according to TW standards.
Also he is wrong about project management - good PM and work on schedule will bring a better product faster, TW's not looking at the calendar/clock doesn't really translate to more content, as workers are also lazier when they don't have deadlines.

I think Bannelord really needed another 6-12 months to work out all the issues, some that have been around for months, a year or since EA started. And console needed early access but releasing it now was smart for them as people didn't know what bad product they were getting with crashes and corrupted saves making it so bad for them. Someone suggested it was a deadline they had to meet which makes it worse as they were unable to really polish the game in over 2 years. I could make an hour long video showing the glaring issues and I have the unique advantage most people don't. I have a beta branch playlist of my videos through EA showing issues and how some weren't touched or were made worse, that playlist is over 150 videos. If I ever got the time to make the video I think it would paint an even bad picture of what people already think. Maybe when I get time I will do that, it's not like I haven't burned every bridge at TW already just by being honest with this whole process. There is only one dev that will even acknowledge me anymore. People just can't take constructive criticism and think anything you say is personal, no it's business. I run a YouTube channel and get negative comments a lot so do I take it out on everyone else who support me and just clam up for be in a bad mood. No its just business, grow a thick skin, and move on. To the devs at TW, I know a lot of you don't like me as I have been harsh with words but think had you not messed things up so bad there wouldn't be criticism to hand out. Don't shoot the messenger and for someone on YouTube that has promoted your game more than anyone, over 1,200 videos, 28 months covering and over 6.000 hours playtime, it's sad you "black ball" someone who has done all that to promote the game.

I think Bannelord really needed another 6-12 months to work out all the issues, some that have been around for months, a year or since EA started. And console needed early access but releasing it now was smart for them as people didn't know what bad product they were getting with crashes and corrupted saves making it so bad for them. Someone suggested it was a deadline they had to meet which makes it worse as they were unable to really polish the game in over 2 years. I could make an hour long video showing the glaring issues and I have the unique advantage most people don't. I have a beta branch playlist of my videos through EA showing issues and how some weren't touched or were made worse, that playlist is over 150 videos. If I ever got the time to make the video I think it would paint an even bad picture of what people already think. Maybe when I get time I will do that, it's not like I haven't burned every bridge at TW already just by being honest with this whole process. There is only one dev that will even acknowledge me anymore. People just can't take constructive criticism and think anything you say is personal, no it's business. I run a YouTube channel and get negative comments a lot so do I take it out on everyone else who support me and just clam up for be in a bad mood. No its just business, grow a thick skin, and move on. To the devs at TW, I know a lot of you don't like me as I have been harsh with words but think had you not messed things up so bad there wouldn't be criticism to hand out. Don't shoot the messenger and for someone on YouTube that has promoted your game more than anyone, over 1,200 videos, 28 months covering and over 6.000 hours playtime, it's sad you "black ball" someone who has done all that to promote the game.

I love how Duh's snarky response to me which had no relevance to my question:

"I take it you don't have a specific question about the topics we are currently working on then?"

And when yourself and other repsond "oh hey I actually do have a question" they don't respond. They were online, they just don't like answering hard questions.

Bad developers make bad games. They're lucky they are making a sandbox game which is inherently suppose to be played for hundred(s) of hours before it is completed, because it means by the time the bugs and glaringly obvious bad design decisions and missing features are apparent, the user has either given up on the game, or has played it over the two hours allowed before it can't be refunded.

I don't think 6-12 months would have done it. The absolute state of the game on release was so bad they spend two years fixing the code and using us to do their QA before they released it on console for some extra $$.

I'd love to see a video from someone calling them out. Every YouTuber I have watched that has played the game have all said the same thing - the game has some serious issues.

Last edited:
I love how Duh's snarky response to me which had no relevance to my question:

"I take it you don't have a specific question about the topics we are currently working on then?"

And when yourself and other repsond "oh hey I actually do have a question" they don't respond. They were online, they just don't like answering hard questions.

Bad developers make bad games. They're lucky they are making a sandbox game which is inherently suppose to be played for hundred(s) of hours before it is completed, because it means by the time the bugs and glaringly obvious bad design decisions and missing features are apparent, the user has either given up on the game, or has played it over the two hours allowed before it can't be refunded.

I don't think 6-12 months would have done it. The absolute state of the game on release was so bad they spend two years fixing the code and using us to do their QA before they released it on console for some extra $$.

I'd love to see a video from someone calling them out. Every YouTuber I have watched that has played the game have all said the same thing - the game has some serious issues.

Well said. This team of devs know they released a sub-standard product ... but it's clear they dont really care.

They have made their profit now.

In this situation, they will try and use straw-man arguments to smear serious complaints from their own community.

But they know the truth.

They 100 % know that the product they released is deficient.

And by making the community seem either illogical or unreasonable... they achieve their goals.

However, I take some comfort in knowing that they have also damaged the long-term reputation of their company by acting like this.

Last edited:
Well said. This team of devs know they released a sub standard product ... but it's clear they dont really care.

They have made their profit now.

In this situation, they will try and use straw-man arguments to smear serious complaints from their own community.

But they know the truth.

They 100 % know that the product they released is deficient.

And by making the community seem both illogical and unreasonable... they achieve their goals.

However, I take some comfort in knowing that they have also damaged the long-term reputation of their company by acting like this.
They just don't have an answer, as there is no solution; just vague PR wordsmithery. Pushing the release another 6-10 months also won't do jack**** anyways as they won't be adding or improving the 'common' issues the community has with the game that have been ever-present since the start of EA.
They are done with the game, pushed the end of year release sales with consoles; condition of the game be-damned.
'Open to patch updates/DLCs' but nothing concrete provided besides just relinking a vague 'Release Plans' when asking for anything.

Back
Top Bottom