Devs and "Community" Employees Are Averaging Less than 1 Post Per Day - Where Is The Engagement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you not see why this is a problem? Why do you think you have a right to sell a product, unfinished, and then tell the customer that it will be fixed, but I'm not telling you when.
It is one of the challenges of software development - nothing is ever "done" unless you call it that. There is always something else you can do. Clearly, we intend to explore a range of possible updates for the game going forward - some of which may work out whereas others may not. They will be discussed once the wheat has been separated from the chaff. There will be no arbitrary commitment to not updating the game.

Fortunately, as a user you can opt into the beta branches that you are most happy with and largely avoid updates - if you wish to do so.
@Duh_TaleWorlds Are there any plans for a overhaul for the diplomacy and npc interaction. Late game is just boring its only battles during war time and during peace time it's dreadfully boring, literally nothing to do. Adding random events and the ability to govern your town will spice up the game play. Check out Rome 2 total war's event system and CK2.
Not as part of our release plans (aka current works). They may be explored in the future.

It doesn't matter if you bought the game before Console players, them being actually able to play the game is more important then whatever feature you may want.
it's really not though, without mods bannerlords pc playerbase would've died out faster than a post ejaculated cock and it will be exactly like that for console

them being able to play the game is pretty much just taleworlds prioritising income over game quality

It is one of the challenges of software development - nothing is ever "done" unless you call it that.

Don't give me that. You can absolutely call something done, especially when you are selling it. When is the projected month or quarter of completion for this game?

Fortunately, as a user you can opt into the beta branches that you are most happy with and largely avoid updates.

Not relevant to what I'm asking.

Clearly, we intend to explore a range of possible updates for the game going forward - some of which may work out whereas others may not. They will be discussed once the wheat has been separated from the chaff. There will be no arbitrary commitment to not updating the game.

How did you write these two sentences and say to yourself "yeah, thats a good response to a customer who gave me money and is wondering when they will receive the completed product."

I'm not asking for an arbitrary commitment. I'm asking you to tell us when the game will be finished. You would know the answer to this.

Because you ignore any information posted or answers provided that don’t fit your narrative. Whether the game should be finished or not at this stage, TW have been entirely clear on what they are doing.

What narrative? What information? I'm trying to get the information out of them. Vague responses like "They will be discussed once the wheat has been separated from the chaff. There will be no arbitrary commitment to not updating the game." is not information.

You noted that you are not asking for an arbitrary commitment regarding our future updates, hence I am referring you to the 1.0.0 release version.

1.0.0 isn't the finished game. That's why there is a future plans post that you guys put up. That is the finished game. When will that be done. You know this is the question I am asking you.

1.0.0 isn't the finished game. That's why there is a future plans post that you guys put up. That is the finished game. When will that be done. You know this is the question I am asking you.
I suppose I may not have been clear enough. We don't provide dates on specific content updates and even if we did, the release plans very likely will not constitute our last update to the game - they only concern current works that are reasonably likely to make it to the game.

Adding random events and the ability to govern your town will spice up the game play. Check out Rome 2 total war's event system

Not sure why you picked this example, the random events in Rome 2 are absolutely terrible. You're the first person I've ever seen who's actually praised them.

I think instead of trying to fill out the lategame, which is always just full scale wars, they should give more player incentives to stay in the early phases. There is only one route to the lategame at the moment, and the less players are railroaded on to it, the better.

Thanks, I didn't ask what month version 1.0.0 was released. I asked when will the game be finished?

Nobody in any large project knows ever how long it will take. Even professional coders with decades of experience can barely give rough estimates. Duh could give you a deadline to shut you up but it would inevitably piss you off later down the line when they don't meet it.

"Nobody in any large project ever knows how long it will take." Sorry I just had to write that out myself to really get a grasp of how silly that statement was.
Project management isn't invented yet in this timeline and planning is unheard of. People just do things and hope for the best.
I suppose I may not have been clear enough. We don't provide dates on specific content updates and even if we did, the release plans very likely will not constitute our last update to the game - they only concern current works that are reasonably likely to make it to the game.
Let's ask in a different way, how long is your contract? :razz:

Don't give me that. You can absolutely call something done, especially when you are selling it. When is the projected month or quarter of completion for this game?
TaleWorlds as a company is seemingly allergic to commitment to specific dates for releases or updates, which I believe developed after they missed a couple beta/early access release commitments several years ago and received backlash. Realize what you're asking for here: you want an employee who isn't senior management or a community manager to give you a verbal commitment on behalf of the entire company that they will get the game to a state you deem acceptable for a finished product by a specific date. What happens if they miss that deadline, or underdeliver? What qualifies as a finished product beyond a stable 1.0 release? Is the game considered done if they're still adding features to it? Regarding that last question in particular, if your answer is "no" then you've bought very, very few finished PC games in your life but are holding TW to a higher standard. It's standard across the industry (and has been for many years) to add more features to games post-release, from QoL to modding support to new mechanics & content.

Maybe you think you're making a point with your insistence, getting an employee to deflect when pressed for dates and details, but you're not proving anything we didn't already know. They won't verbally commit before or beyond the patch notes. TaleWorlds got burned doing so in the past.

Realize what you're asking for here: you want an employee who isn't senior management or a community manager to give you a verbal commitment on behalf of the entire company that they will get the game to a state you deem acceptable for a finished product by a specific date.

🔔🔔🔔 Wait, you're telling me that if I miss enough deadlines, instead of analysing why I missed the deadlines, fix the issues and implement the relevant changes needed to meet future deadlines, assure my clients about the process and changes and keep them updated on how far along their - half finished, broken -product is, I can just...stop giving them?? I'll let my clients know right away.

I'm sure you thought you were making a point there, which you did..but it wasn't a very good one now, was it.

I'm asking TW to commit to a date, @Duh_TaleWorlds is the one responding to me and works for the TW, that's why I am asking them. Is that not obvious, because I'm pretty sure it is.

Project management isn't invented yet in this timeline and planning is unheard of. People just do things and hope for the best.

I'd love to live in this timeline. No responsibilities, no commitments, pure bliss.

Last edited:
If you have a specific question about the topics that we announced in the release plans, I am happy to answer what I can.
Yes, I do, please. @Dejan or @Callum said this:

"Some of these are smaller topics like balance tweaks to our auto-battle-resolution, companion variety, raiding, (...) Others concern improvements to (...) diplomacy decision making, the clan-kingdom lifecycle"...

So can I ask for clarification:

Are "balance tweaks to auto-resolve" going to fix the issue of parties who have a massive troop quantity and quality advantage taking casualties they shouldn't be? As seen in this thread. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ie-less-in-autocalc-simulated-battles.451576/

Are "tweaks to companion variety" going to include more companion spawns, or companions with better starting stats, so we don't have to grind them for so many long hours?

Are "tweaks to raiding" going to make it more worthwhile to raid, rather than just the contents of the village market?

Will "changes to diplomacy decision making" include improvements to the faulty war score calculation which overvalues raids and can make the AI think that a faction losing a war in every single way except raids done is somehow winning?
Also, will it involve improvements to the voting system so the player can actually change the outcome more often (as quite often, all lords vote the same way, making the vote impossible to change even with 100 relation and 150 influence spent)?

Will "changes to the clan-kingdom lifecycle" fix the issue of kingdoms with no fiefs left being able to still recruit all the mercenary clans, build armies, and endlessly attack the player, which is not a serious challenge but a big annoyance that adds to the overall grind?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Wait, you're telling me that if I miss enough deadlines, instead of analysing why I missed the deadlines, fix the issues and implement the relevant changes needed to meet future deadlines, assure my clients about the process and changes and keep them updated on how far along their product is, I can just...stop giving them?? I'll let my clients know right away.

Taleworlds has a lot of problems but not sticking to deadlines is not really one of them, whether you like it or not it's fairly common in the games industry, and there is no way to accurately predict the duration of a project. Also calling players "clients" is a bit ridiculous, you didn't commission Taleworlds to make a game, you are just one among several million people who bought it back in 2020. Their real "clients" are the stockholders and investors (if they have any), and that's who the deadlines are really for with a big company.

Taleworlds has a lot of problems but not sticking to deadlines is not really one of them, whether you like it or not it's fairly common in the games industry, and there is no way to accurately predict the duration of a project. Also calling players "clients" is a bit ridiculous, you didn't commission Taleworlds to make a game, you are just one among several million people who bought it back in 2020. Their real "clients" are the stockholders and investors (if they have any), and that's who the deadlines are really for with a big company.

I'm speaking anecdotally. I'm refering to my clients. That's why I said "my clients". I never said TW not sticking to a deadline was a problem, I said TW not giving a deadline is a problem. Are you reading what I'm writing? Also you said this, so any points you try make are going straight into the bin 🤣

Nobody in any large project knows ever how long it will take. Even professional coders with decades of experience can barely give rough estimates.

Last edited:
Not sure why you picked this example, the random events in Rome 2 are absolutely terrible. You're the first person I've ever seen who's actually praised them.
I didn't praise them, only used them as a example. I also gave CK 2 as a example. During peacetime me sitting in my city brings nothing to it and me, like nothing interesting happens, hence why I give such examples. Probably the only thing that I give the city right now is a security boost. I call that boring and me not wanting to play the game right now.

I think it´s the best medieval game ever!
you're tricking nobody @Callum

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom