Devs and "Community" Employees Are Averaging Less than 1 Post Per Day - Where Is The Engagement?

Users who are viewing this thread

People were asking for a console port since before launch.
This is about:

1. Things Taleworlds had an obligation to do because they told buyers they would, and which people who bought the game had demand for. Naturally this should be the highest priority because $100,000,000s have been given to TW by people for this purpose.

2. Things Taleworlds has no obligation to do, but which people who bought the game had demand for. Should of course be optional for Taleworlds, they aren't slaves.

3. Things Taleworlds has no obligation to do,  and which people who bought the game had no demand for. In any sane industry, things like this usually come last, to avoid delaying the paying customer's product that they actually want.

Console port barely falls into (2) - a tiny amount of demand from some people who already bought the game on PC. For the vast majority of buyers, it would fall under (3). And Taleworlds have not actually been paid to deliver it yet but have been paid to deliver a complete game. That's why it should have been left until the game was actually 99% done, instead of being allowed to further delay the completion of the game for the customers who had paid for it.

Again, on its own the console port delaying the rest of the game would have been okay. But when combined with many many other avoidable delays for a game which has been in development for 10 years it isn't okay.
Same with sally out battles.
Whom?

Last edited:
Holy quote war. Sorry, not playing that game.

- Why aren't devs talking to us anymore, where's the engagement?
- You know, getting insulted on a daily basis...
- Why are you whiteknighting?!

And then people justify their insults and disrespect by saying they've been suggesting improvements for the game for YEARS but they don't listen... The perfect definition of entitled players.

What? Insulted on a daily basis? What in the hell are you talking about? People talking about how bad the game is and how poor communication has been, is not "insulting" or "disrespecting" them.

Wake up, kiddo.

Alot of you guys are fightin the good fight but when is it time to just give up and let it go?. Maybe just abandon these forums and keep it radio silent as its very clear by now all of the seemingly obvious improvement suggestions have already been Red lighted /downvoted by the devs. Its not like theres been a healthy back and forth between the community and the developers since years back with the inconsequential (imo) Snowballing issue.

At this point its just poster vs poster hoping to have their points validated but does it really matter in any real concrete terms anymore? TW seems pretty crystal clear in their determined vagueness and that aint gonna ever change for this product and probably any future ones.

This one is sealed.

I see the point. But talking to other people is still fun and interesting.

And theres the one chance in hell some TW employee comes here after making console stable, and decides "what could work as a dlc? Serve as soldier mod? Hmm how about 25 bucks for it to bring more hype?"

And having people to criticize that around might be better than no one left.

And theres the one chance in hell some TW employee comes here after making console stable, and decides "what could work as a dlc? Serve as soldier mod? Hmm how about 25 bucks for it to bring more hype?"
Theyve got more material to write 10 sequels more starting back with the suggestions for next game thread during Warband's release. And not just fluff -alot of really well pointed and articulated ways to the make the Meta of the game more engaging and allowing emergent dynamics to occur. To me thats the heart that is missing and the reason why you see so little re-telling of awesome game moments on these forums.
And having people to criticize that around might be better than no one left.

Yeah -thats not generally their MO...at all...... ... ..... ... ......... ...

Again, on its own the console port delaying the rest of the game would have been okay. But when combined with many many other avoidable delays for a game which has been in development for 10 years it isn't okay.
It isn't about whether it is OK or not, just that there were definitely people at launch asking Callum about the console release constantly. They weren't a tiny minority of PC users either. Why would anyone with a PC bother?
The people on this forum, who were reading the devblogs about it.
Like these:
3. The sally-out option. We only get to see one footage two years ago about it. It is quite interesting but how does it merge into siege play now?
If I’m defending, I want time to sally out and destroy enemy trebuchets if I can before they can breach my walls.
Or the defender can sally out to attack the siege weapons, like we see in movies
nice pictures and bits of details on how siege will work. Specially happy with the counter measures agaisnt all siege weapons, including ladders.

That means you cant assume that any battle will work as you planned, as the siege works can fail and the process will need to begin again.

Also nice touch on the starvation process and sally out mechanics (like in VC).
Leaving all that attrition stuff to autocalc on the campaign map makes a lot of sense, and raises the possibility of interesting gameplay events such as sallying out attacks on catapults, trying to sneak over the walls at night or facing an interesting makeshift defence once you get over the breach (as I described earlier).
I just thought of a fun possibility for this to add variety to the battles- a besieged force might sally out to attack your siegeworks, probably at night, and there could be a good skirmish in a siege camp setting.
Please add on Bannerlord these things:

BETTER SIEGE MECHANICS (Like in total war you can choose to not assault, and try to starve the enemy, while they can choose to sally forth)
Real actual ladders (and not ramps)
That's setting aside the TW showcase of the sally out battle.

It could (and should) be the natural counter to "influence for large army, build three trebs then wreck enemy ballistas and walls" single optimum that besieging boils down to.

What? Insulted on a daily basis? What in the hell are you talking about? People talking about how bad the game is and how poor communication has been, is not "insulting" or "disrespecting" them.

Wake up, kiddo.
Somehow I'm not surprised you're not seeing them. I'm sorry you think this for example is a normal and respectful behavior to have. Right next to people complaining about updates breaking their mods.

Last edited:
Somehow I'm not surprised you're not seeing them. I'm sorry you think this for example is a normal and respectful behavior to have. Right next to people complaining about updates breaking their mods.

Wait, you're being serious with these two examples? I'll say it again: talking about the total lack of communication and the terrible quality of the game is not an insult/disrespect. The fact that you think it is, is both hilarious and telling.

Grow up and get thicker skin if this is upsetting you so much.

Would you post actively in a forum where you are or your work is getting insulted constantly?? Devs work is develop their game, no communicate. I don't blame them for leave such a toxic community...

The games in a half finished state the fighting's all but done. Some this like trade and quests tournaments are done but could be better. The dialogue and dialogue options, Relationship stat are just terrible like 20% done. Diplomacy is terrible need lots of work. missing feature it's just bad. I am running like 20 plus mods, and none are combat mods apart from you could say the ones that add more clans. It's just sad that to make the game worth playing i got to use mods because without the mods i wouldn't be interested. As i have said loads of times battle just are not enough to keep the game interesting.

Would you post actively in a forum where you are or your work is getting insulted constantly?? Devs work is develop their game, no communicate. I don't blame them for leave such a toxic community...

They showcased a good game, removed features after we bought the game, broke the game, went dark, then the community got pissed. Get your head out of their ass.

Would you post actively in a forum where you are or your work is getting insulted constantly??
That is the basic job description for a community manager, being able to handle criticism and actually manage the community ("manager" implies that the job is not just friendly happy all the time and requires managing difficult situations). If you don't have thick skin don't be a community manager.

With that said it seems more like Dejan and Callum are not allowed to say anything rather than choosing not to, so I don't blame them personally.
Devs work is develop their game, no communicate
Well someone should be communicating.

That is the basic job description for a community manager, being able to handle criticism and actually manage the community ("manager" implies that the job is not just friendly happy all the time and requires managing difficult situations). If you don't have thick skin don't be a community manager.

With that said it seems more like Dejan and Callum are not allowed to say anything rather than choosing not to, so I don't blame them personally.

Well someone should be communicating.
Their job is handle and filter constructive criticism and deliver it to the devs, what I see here is mostly ppl insulting and taking out their frustration without any self-control (which is very pathetic btw). I know that not everyone here is behaving this way, but the ppl that is doing so have created a very toxic and annoying environment here, which can prevent other users of participate here and give their feedback.
The only thing the Community Managers are doing wrong here is to not wield the ban-hammer and stop this no sense.

See, that's exactly what I've been saying this whole thread (and for the past 2 years): Taleworlds should not be working on random things nobody asked for and they just added on a whim, as opposed to their existing committments that they are struggling to fulfill.
No. No it really doesn't. Adding more things onto their roadmap will just clutter it, but that doesn't matter if their roadmap was already set. Those random things that you say nobody wants, which isn't true mind you, are their current goals. Adding in the things you want would be adding onto those commitments or changing them, causing further delay. At this point, it would be best that TW gets done what they have set out to do, things like Sally Out battles, and then they can focus on things like a hypothetical Diplomacy update.
console port
TW was speaking about a console port as early as 2020. That is an obligation to a fan base. By your own logic, they should go through with that in order to make sure that fans will actually be able to play a game. PC players don't get a Monopoly on Mount and Blade. TW said they were going to do it, and they did it. Where's the fault?

The Warband console port was a disaster and got very few sales. It should have taught them that a borderline unmarketed Xbox 360 port of a game built for PC wasn't the best use of resources. Likewise the console port of Bannerlord has been a bit of a debacle from what I can tell, and got a tiny slither of sales. I would be surprised if they even made their money back from the amount of manpower needed to port it to console.

People were actually speculating about a console release for Bannerlord long before 2020 when it was "first" announced. I think one of the devs accidentally leaked it.

Grow up and get thicker skin if this is upsetting you so much.
Ah there it is, the excuse most toxic people, bullies or even trolls eventually bring up: "you should get a ticker skin".

You think "insufferable inaction and stupid decision making" or "such high quality work" are respectful comments leading to constructive discussions with the devs (and they're not the worst I've seen around here, I just took two quick examples). I don't. End of story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom