Devs and "Community" Employees Are Averaging Less than 1 Post Per Day - Where Is The Engagement?

Users who are viewing this thread

The game's rating is average. The game's quality in terms of feature-completeness and functionality is below satisfactory (regardless of what is considered average in the industry).
Says you, oh master of Bannerlord. Truly we know that the game is actually bad.
As said before in this very thread, yes there are plenty of idiots who never complain and consume any crap the industry throws at them, that's why Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is still selling.

However that doesn't mean that normal people with standards should just ignore the many flaws of a game. So why do you keep bringing that up? Who does it benefit to say that?
Lol, lmao.

"So many plebians don't actually know what a good game is like, however I have taste and know that these games are actually horrible. Look at those dirty peasants playing... playing Call of Duty. I shudder at the thought.
It stops being "their game" when they charge money for it, receive hundreds of millions of dollars from the community, and say "we are going to make the game to meet community expectations".

I'm not saying they should be adding any old feature a random community member asks for, but they should certainly not be prioritising stuff nobody asked for over stuff the paying customers were told was going to be in the game when they bought it.
No, it doesn't. If an Artist sells an album they don't lose control over what music they want to make, the same goes for this. They prioritize what they want to make and not what the community wants. You aren't some stock holder at TW, your a passionate fan. In the best scenario both the fans vision and the devs will be one, however that isn't always the case. That's kinda where mods are going to come in. But, to say that it isn't their game when you buy it is absurd. You're not buying stock at TW, your voice isn't elevated because you own a copy.

As said before in this very thread, yes there are plenty of idiots who never complain and consume any crap the industry throws at them, that's why Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is still selling.
Regardless of whatever else it is trying to accomplish, the idea that CoD: MW2 isn't a good game is pretty out there.
I'm going to be totally honest in saying there is no other game like Bannerlord (probably there won't be any time soon)
There are lots of M&B-style games out there. The only issue that Bannerlord is better than a good 90% of them, right off the rip, and even more if you don't give points for being small indy projects.

Truly we know that the game is actually bad.
All you have to do is look at my post signature to know how many game mechanics are unfinished or not implemented. And that's not even including the many bugs.

Bannerlord falls flat as a fun RPG, tactics game, or strategy game. There is plenty about it that's good, early game is fun for a little bit, but mid/lategame is full of either repetitive grind or actual bull**** AI shenanigans that make you want to stab your eyes out with a screwdriver. I am not the only person saying this.
"So many plebians don't actually know what a good game is like, however I have taste and know that these games are actually horrible. Look at those dirty peasants playing... playing Call of Duty. I shudder at the thought.
If you think Call of Duty is anything but the same crap with less content reskinned every two years and sold for AAA price (plus season pass), you are indeed a plebeian peasant. I've played with friends enough to know it isn't good.
Not even a decade ago, it would not have been a controversial statement to call CoD a bad series.

@Apocal the aim-assist in the latest CoD MW title is so strong that it literally plays the game for you. There's footage out there of a guy just holding down the trigger while the game does all the aiming for you. For a first person shooter, where the fundamental "game" is in aiming, that makes for a pretty terrible game.
No, it doesn't. If an Artist sells an album they don't lose control over what music they want to make, the same goes for this. They prioritize what they want to make and not what the community wants.
Inappropriate and inapplicable analogy. When an album is sold it is a complete product and therefore it automatically delivers on what it promised. Bannerlord is an incomplete product which has failed to deliver on what it promised.
Here's a better analogy: I pay a construction company to build me a house. They advertise a big sign saying "we will build you this house with these specifications, to meet your level of expectations."

Over the next 2 years, they sloooowly build the frame, build the roof, but they don't finish the internal walls or painting. Instead, they decide to spend their time bulding a bunch of statues in the yard, setting the (already delayed) house construction back by months.

Would you find that acceptable?

After all, they're prioritising what *they* want to make. I'm just a buyer, not a stockholder at House Construction Inc. That's your logic, right?

Last edited:
Oh, you're so right. I've never had fun with the game, nor with Warband. Truly Feasts will change that for me.
If you think Call of Duty is anything but the same crap with less content reskinned every two years and sold for AAA price (plus season pass), you are indeed a plebeian peasant. I've played with friends enough to know it isn't good.
Not even a decade ago, it would not have been a controversial statement to call CoD a bad series.
You're a caricature. There is a reason why people stopped parroting that line, because people started to have fun with CoD again. Thinking less of people because they find fun with games like CoD is so ****ing stupid I'm genuinely shocked people started to listen to you. Its the PC master race thing, looking down on others because they're playing different games. Its the casual versus "pro" thing, where just because people play a game for fun they aren't as important.

Its an incredibly stupid argument and you should stop making it.
Over the next 2 years, they sloooowly build the frame, build the roof, but they don't finish the internal walls or painting. Instead, they decide to spend their time bulding a bunch of statues in the yard, setting the (already delayed) house construction back by months.
You aren't paying for them to build a house, your paying for a video game that they are making. You didn't commission it, TW decided to make it so it is entirely up to them what is going to be in it. They get to decide what goes where, they get to decide what gets included. Acting like you have ANY say in how that happens is absurd and, once again, entirely entitled.

You didn't commission anything, you're buying a product that they are deciding to make. Just because you find fault with it, however legitimate, doesn't mean you get to say what they will do with it.

Looking at past developer posts, it's mainly when a lot of people get aggressive and loudly critical that Taleworlds finally responds.
And responds in a manner of "This is why we don't respond, y'all here just aggressive, this makes us all weary" :iamamoron:

Oh, you're so right. I've never had fun with the game, nor with Warband. Truly Feasts will change that for me.
Nice straw man argument. Maybe try actually addressing what I'm saying instead of your own version of it.
You're a caricature. There is a reason why people stopped parroting that line, because people started to have fun with CoD again. Thinking less of people because they find fun with games like CoD is so ****ing stupid I'm genuinely shocked people started to listen to you. Its the PC master race thing, looking down on others because they're playing different games. Its the casual versus "pro" thing, where just because people play a game for fun they aren't as important.
Blah blah blah and lots of strawman arguments again. I'm not saying people can't play Call of Duty or that they can't play games for fun. I'm saying if they think it's a good quality product, they're stupid, because Activision Blizzard just slaps a different coat of paint on the exact same thing (but slightly worse) every two years and charges full price for it.

Anyway the specific game is not the point. The point is that there are games out there which are low quality but people buy anyway. Substitute any game series you want, unless you genuinely disagree that there is any such thing as a bad game series that still sells copies anyway.
You aren't paying for them to build a house, your paying for a video game that they are making.
Wow!!! Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realise that!

Hey, unrelated but have you ever heard of this thing called a ****ing analogy??

When literally just now you said: "If an Artist sells an album they don't lose control over what music they want to make, the same goes for this", did I respond with: "you aren't buying an album, you're buying a video game"? No.

Why are you using analogies and then instantly playing dumb when I use a better analogy?
You didn't commission it, TW decided to make it so it is entirely up to them what is going to be in it.
Taleworlds took our money while saying they were going to use that money to make (X game) to our expectations. Tell me that I'm wrong. You can't, because I'm right.

You need to give a source for that as I don't believe they ever made a commitment to implement our expectations.
During Early Access, the Steam store page said: "We will use consumer feedback to bring the game to the community's expectations." (It has since been removed).

During Early Access, the Steam store page said: "We will use consumer feedback to bring the game to the community's expectations." (It has since been removed).
So, clearly an error - over enthusiastic pr bs. :smile:
Their only commitment was to their own expectations which they wildly exceeded, and that should be enough for anyone. They were trying, okay?
There’s little evidence they’re trying to implement anything much outside Armagan’s vision, however flawed.

So, clearly an error - over enthusiastic pr bs. :smile:
In almost all industries, when errors are made in terms of over-promising in advertising at point of sale, it is still expected that the company will do their best to deliver on the erroneous statement. If the price of an item is incorrectly quoted as $50 instead of $90 at the time of sale, it still has to be sold as $50. Video games are a rare exception where lying (intentionally or accidentally) about the product is only half-policed, because the industry hasn't caught up yet.

For the people who bought the game, expecting Taleworlds to fix broken/useless features and add missing features they gave people reason to believe would be in the game, is a very reasonable expectation on our part.

People keep saying the game has progressed since release, and that's true..but not two years worth of progression a dedicated, paid team of professionals working on it, nevermind the dozens of people in the forum posting fixed code that TW implemented and free QA from tens of thousands of players.

I bought the game at EA launch and it's basically the exact same game but with more quests that I rarely get involved in, and more armour I skip because I just go from crap armour, to the best armour after a couple hours of gameplay.

All they have really done is tinker with the code over and over and over and over.
how do you define 2 years of progression. I'm part of the IT sector thou in banking, do you think coding and making stuff is easy. I've even seen people calling some bug fixes minor changes when some bug fixes can include changes in hundreds and thousand of lines of code.

Also it maybe only me but i'll just say the most factor changes at least for me - Game is preforming 100x better. AI is not as clunky as it used to be. Some futures were added.
Yes i do think its incomplete and that is why i hope they will continue improving. But saying they haven't done anything for the last two years sounds plain ignorant to me.

Regardless of whatever else it is trying to accomplish, the idea that CoD: MW2 isn't a good game is pretty out there.

There are lots of M&B-style games out there. The only issue that Bannerlord is better than a good 90% of them, right off the rip, and even more if you don't give points for being small indy projects.
Bro tell me a Mount and blade style game, please ! I want to try all of them

In almost all industries, when errors are made in terms of over-promising in advertising at point of sale, it is still expected that the company will do their best to deliver on the erroneous statement. If the price of an item is incorrectly quoted as $50 instead of $90 at the time of sale, it still has to be sold as $50. Video games are a rare exception where lying (intentionally or accidentally) about the product is only half-policed, because the industry hasn't caught up yet.

For the people who bought the game, expecting Taleworlds to fix broken/useless features and add missing features they gave people reason to believe would be in the game, is a very reasonable expectation on our part.
How long was the misleading statement up on the Steam page before being taken down?

Back
Top Bottom