Development Update #8: Crafting Orders and Party Stances

Users who are viewing this thread

devupdate8news.png

In this development update video, we take a look at some of the updates and changes to the game in e1.5.10 and e1.6.0. As always, a text version can be found below!

INTRO
Greetings warriors of Calradia!

With e1.6.0 available in beta and e1.5.10 on its way to live soon, we thought it’d be a good time to share another development update to discuss the latest changes to the game. So, here we are, Development Update #8... let’s do it!

CAMPAIGN INTRO (e1.5.10)
First up, we have a new campaign intro video that helps to bring you up to speed with the recent history of Calradia and establish the setting as you set forth on your adventure.

You’ll need to start a new campaign if you would like to experience the video in all its glory, or, if you are too invested in your current playthrough, you can watch it here on our YouTube channel instead!

DIFFICULTY PRESETS (e1.5.10)
If you do decide to start a new playthrough, make sure to check out the new campaign difficulty presets which provide you with some helpful suggestions for the game’s difficulty settings. Newer players may want to consider starting out with the Freebooter or Warrior settings, which represent Easy and Normal respectively, while more experienced players may wish to opt for the more difficult Bannerlord preset. These presets are accompanied by a number of additions and changes to the difficulty options that allow you to further tailor the game’s difficulty to your liking.

IRONMAN MODE (e1.6.0)
For those of you that are a little more adventurous and prefer to play the game on the latest beta branch, you can increase the game difficulty for your next playthrough even further in e1.6.0 by activating the new Iron Man mode that restricts your campaign to a single save file.

SAVE FILE CHARACTER (e1.5.10)
A new player character visual was added to the save/load screen that helps to remove some of the burden from your memory when it comes to recalling characters from your save files, especially if you have multiple ongoing playthroughs. However, please note that you will need to load and save any existing save files for this update to take effect.

LEARNING RATES (e1.5.10)
Next up, we have a fairly significant change to the character progression system. This change removes the character level effect when calculating the learning rate, meaning that increasing your character level will no longer affect learning rates, giving you much more freedom and control when it comes to developing your character.

36 NEW SCENES (e1.5.10)
A whopping 36 new settlement scenes have been added to the game, with 23 villages, 3 castles, and 10 towns available for you to explore and conquer.

Unfortunately, there are a few too many to showcase in this video, but you can find more info on the scenes in the e1.5.10 patch notes, which you can access from the link in the video description below.

VILLAGE PRODUCTION ICONS (e1.6.0)
Locating raw materials is now much easier in e1.6.0 with the addition of production icons to village nameplates. The icons can be seen at any distance meaning that you can find whatever resource you are looking for directly and conveniently on the campaign map.

SIGN-ON BONUS (e1.5.10)
Taking an oath of fealty was made more rewarding in e1.5.10 with the introduction of a welcome gift from your new liege. You can expect to receive special gear and elite units upon bending the knee and joining each faction for the first time.

KINGDOM WARS TAB (e1.5.10)
Just before you put those shiny new elite troops and gear to the test, you might want to check out the updates to the Kingdom Diplomacy war tab for a more detailed overview of the wars you are currently engaged in.

Alongside the additions and changes to the kingdom comparison bars, a new tab has been added that allows you to see recent events from a selected conflict, giving you a better idea of how each war is progressing.

PARTY STANCES (e1.5.10)
After checking out the Kingdom Wars tab, you may wish to consider making use of the new party stance system that allows you to assign a general stance to subordinate parties to influence their behaviour on the campaign map. These stances are: defensive, aggressive, and neutral. With defensive, parties will refrain from initiating hostile actions towards enemy settlements and will tend to focus more on patrolling and seeing off any threats within their own territory. With aggressive, parties will be much more inclined to seek out confrontation and take the war to the enemy. And with neutral, parties will be left uninfluenced while making these decisions.

WAGE LIMITS (e1.5.10)
Another e1.5.10 update that gives you much greater control over your clan parties is the addition of wage limits. This allows you to limit the wages of all of your clan parties and garrisons to prevent them from over recruiting and maintaining too many troops.

ABDICATE THRONE (e1.5.10)
If overseeing a kingdom isn’t really aligning with your current goals, you can use the new Abdicate Leadership button on the Kingdom screen to trigger a leadership election, freeing you up to explore other avenues, like becoming a simple blacksmith perhaps...

CRAFTING ORDERS (e1.6.0)
Over in e1.6.0, the crafting system has been greatly expanded with the addition of Crafting Orders. Notables and nobles will now post-production orders for different weapons in the Orders window of the Smithy, and it is left to you to create a design to satisfy their requirements. You’ll be rewarded with crafting experience, research points for unlocking new weapon parts, relations, and gold for successfully completing a contract, with additional bonuses and penalties being applied for exceeding expectations or under-delivering.

This update is accompanied by a number of useful UI updates to the crafting screen, such as being able to see the smithing skill value of your companions, an indicator for newly unlocked pieces, and the ability to hide locked items.

FACIAL EXPRESSIONS (e1.5.10)
A number of new facial expressions have been added as the default idle animations for NPCs based on their traits and relations with you. From now on you should expect to be met with warm smiles from friends, indifference from strangers, and utter contempt from enemies.

3 NEW BATTLE CROWNS (e1.6.0)
We all know that one of the most important parts of the game is how your character looks, which is why three new battle crowns have been added in e1.6.0 for you to strike fear and awe into the hearts of your enemies through your sheer gloriousness… or at the very least it lets them know that you are worth taking alive!

CUSTOM BATTLE TROOPS (e1.6.0)
And finally, Custom Battle was updated in e1.6.0 with the option to select individual troop types to spawn in each formation, allowing you further customise each battle to your liking.

OUTRO
And that’s about it for Development Update #8!

Please let us know what you think of the updates in the comment section below, and remember that you can always head on over to our forums if you need any assistance or if you want to leave more detailed feedback. A link can be found in the description below.

Thanks for watching and we hope to see you again next time!

I really do like the new helmets and new sceneries. hopefully sieges are going to work on those. it's sad that this is most likely a sum-up of both patch 1.5.10 and 1.6. iam sorry to say it like that. In Development Update #7 you where showcasing things which are in development and not released at all, like the duel-mode and the battle map overhaul. i think that was very exciting for a lot of players. that being said, are there any given informations about what to come after 1.6? is the battle map update still a thing?

I would like to see a look into the future in dev update #9 :grin:

First of all, I would like to underline how much I like this kind of informative format and of course I do not detract from the merits of the creator.

That said, I don't understand why instead of talking about what is going to be implemented and giving a little preview, we are being told about a package of things that have been known for weeks (both on the forum and in youtubers' reviews).

giphy.gif

---
****... lately I'm being ninja'ed to the max :lol: .

@Callum bring back sieges information into the diplomacy tab, please. it's the only piece of information that matters.
It is there, it has just been split into Castles and Towns, that's all.

That said, I don't understand why instead of talking about what is going to be implemented and giving a little preview, we are being told about a package of things that have been known for weeks (both on the forum and in youtubers' reviews).
Not everyone stays as up to date and informed as others, and if you check the comments on the video you can see quite a few examples of that!

It is there, it has just been split into Castles and Towns, that's all.
that assumes i have to keep track of all commotion happening between kingdoms. for example, i have a war on two fronts and i don't keep track of what's happening on one of them because i'm busy with the other one. peace declaration pops up and only during decision making i can see how many sieges have been done and who did it better.
Towns? Castles? i don't wanna keep in my head how many fiefs kingdom has, i just wanna see who does better at the current war. and i can't do that unless it's too late.

that assumes i have to keep track of all commotion happening between kingdoms. for example, i have a war on two fronts and i don't keep track of what's happening on one of them because i'm busy with the other one. peace declaration pops up and only during decision making i can see how many sieges have been done and who did it better.
Towns? Castles? i don't wanna keep in my head how many fiefs kingdom has, i just wanna see who does better at the current war. and i can't do that unless it's too late.
The same info is still there, it has just been split into Towns and Castles and moved into a tooltip. And you can still see successful sieges on the left panel while voting for the decision.

Not a single sentence to Multiplayer?
-oh wait, the only new real feature ist the new duel Mode, anncounced in the last video, is still not playable, so never mind.

[...] Not everyone stays as up to date and informed as others, and if you check the comments on the video you can see quite a few examples of that!
True!, I guess it's better to be updated late than to read the wall of text on the same or later days of each patch release; some people are overwhelmed by such a level of information :iamamoron: ?.

In case you still don't have it as your desktop background:
cbSTs.jpg

Not a single sentence to Multiplayer?
-oh wait, the only new real feature ist the new duel Mode, anncounced in the last video, is still not playable, so never mind.
We have quite a few changes in the works for MP, including Duel (which you mentioned) and VoIP which are both in e1.6.0. We have also been working alongside our community combat testing group recently on a number of other changes and updates that will be introduced in the near future.

Alongside this, we continue to make progress on a number of other big updates to MP, some of which we have mentioned previously, like ranked matchmaking, and others we haven't talked about just yet. So, all I can say at this point is that I understand the frustration and that it might feel that there isn't much movement on the MP front, but that isn't the case and we have plenty of things planned and in progress for MP.

It's just patch notes for the last two patches for people who don't read patch notes.
Dev blogs should contain new info on upcoming features, like: "the regional battle maps are 69% done and we'll release some of them in the next patch in August" or "the keep battles we promised in December are coming along nicely and we managed to fix the bots hitting the walls all the time, now we must fix the AI pathfinding so they don't get in each other's way".
Patch videos on the other hand is what youtubers do for their illiterate followers, and they already covered these two patches.

It's just patch notes for the last two patches for people who don't read patch notes.
Dev blogs should contain new info on upcoming features, like: "the regional battle maps are 69% done and we'll release some of them in the next patch in August" or "the keep battles we promised in December are coming along nicely and we managed to fix the bots hitting the walls all the time, now we must fix the AI pathfinding so they don't get in each other's way".
Patch videos on the other hand is what youtubers do for their illiterate followers, and they already covered these two patches.
The video is not meant for forum viewers, the more technical you get, the less interesting it becomes for bannerlord enjoyers.
although the video certainly gave me some Artem vibes

I fee like the less promises made the better. It would be nice to at least get updates on previous promises though, although getting everyone caught up is something at least.

And you can still see successful sieges on the left panel while voting for the decision.
exactly, when it is time to make a decision. when i want to see this info all the time. it was way better before you guys changed that.
this split between towns and castles does not provide any meaningful information. yeah sure when the pt just started you kinda remember how things are in the kingdom, but after 20 years things are a little bit more complicated. so yes i have to track how many towns and castles kingdom have... all the time.

TW stop the secrecy, it's fine to tell us if you hit a roadblock and things are taking longer than expected. It's not fine to just keep us in the dark. I truly believe you're underrestimating the damage you're doing to your long time fans.

It feels like this should have been released 2 months ago and someone finished update #9 and realized that #8 wasn't up yet. Just feels like the weakest update so far. If this was released 2 months ago it would feel in line with what has been released already. Look at the time from each release and it has been around 4 months since last update. A dev update should contain more coming up than what is released as I am a bit confused why so much already released should be in a dev update as we aren't looking for what you have released. We want to know what you are working on as that is what peaks our interest. Just stop for a moment and think, this update just feels late and out of date.

The video is not meant for forum viewers, the more technical you get, the less interesting it becomes for bannerlord enjoyers.
although the video certainly gave me some Artem vibes
Agree. I also believe reading with understanding may still be a considerable problem (not only for non-natives) and for the sake of the general structure of the fanbase - having an additional information exchange platform won't hurt.

I must say 1.6.0 is quite playable in SP (it is neither close to perfect nor finished but still...). Among the most recognizable and long problematic features smithing has been nerfed, and honestly, some important features' improvements made it generally a better experience. Step in the right direction IMO.

CRAFTING ORDERS (e1.6.0)
Over in e1.6.0, the crafting system has been greatly expanded with the addition of Crafting Orders. Notables and nobles will now post-production orders for different weapons in the Orders window of the Smithy, and it is left to you to create a design to satisfy their requirements. You’ll be rewarded with crafting experience, research points for unlocking new weapon parts, relations, and gold for successfully completing a contract, with additional bonuses and penalties being applied for exceeding expectations or under-delivering.

This update is accompanied by a number of useful UI updates to the crafting screen, such as being able to see the smithing skill value of your companions, an indicator for newly unlocked pieces, and the ability to hide locked items.

And just a pinch of salt at the end... I will probably never ever understand how those new features such as "crafting orders" get to the final releases... We all know up to this point TW does not limit themselves to "fanbase feedback" but for sure it was a considerable amount of work put into that. They say it "greatly expands" the system but after 100hrs of gameplay, I rather feel it is a non-essential feature. It is not bad just not great. I'd risk and say it is greatly simplifying the experience for everybody who doesn't want to assembly all those crafting parts and still gets the points and experience (from time to time). But my point here is - 'who knows?'. Maybe it is a part of a larger concept, isn't it? Will, they further put it in the center of something bigger or it is just a small ornament without a larger purpose?... Therefore, I agree with some notables who claim it would be nice to get the roadmap communication more frequently. There is a long-term plan available, right? TW, right? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom