Development Update 7 Duel Mod and Classes

Should Duel Mode have a class system

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Crypex

Veteran
The Development update and duel mode is a good step but It should never have a class system in it. Duel of all game modes must not have a class system. A player that runs a (legionary) would usually win the duel against a lower cheaper class (recruit). Instead giving players the opportunity to choose equipment would be best for duels.

With the class system, everyone will literally run the same class and it would feel dry.
In the case, it is a matter of gold accumulation then that makes snowballing a thing. At that point, it is just glorified tdm.

Unless the developers revamp the entire class system, the duel mode would not do as well as Warband.

Of all game modes duel should not have a class system in it.

Last edited:
The class system is not going to dissapear.It will take too much coding to make it like it was in warband.Just accept the facts and move on.I've seen many threads like that before.

The class system is not going to dissapear.It will take too much coding to make it like it was in warband.Just accept the facts and move on.I've seen many threads like that before.
He isn't asking for it to completely dissapear. He is asking specifically for duel it to be changed.

9252ddd4f69667b1aa4dd65a8e6641ed.jpg

I'll give credit when credit is due and duel mode looks really good, but pre-existing class system won't do any favours to this game mode. But yes I know, it is one of the root problems of the game and not specifically related to this game mode.

Get outta here with that bull****

It aint because its too much coding, its because TaleWorlds are stubborn, they wanted this from the beginning and it will not change

The Development update and duel mode is a good step but It should never have a class system in it. Duel of all game modes must not have a class system. A player that runs a (legionary) would usually win the duel against a lower cheaper class (recruit). Instead giving players the opportunity to choose equipment would be best for duels.

With the class system, everyone will literally run the same class and it would feel dry.
In the case, it is a matter of gold accumulation then that makes snowballing a thing. At that point, it is just glorified tdm.

Unless the developers revamp the entire class system, the duel mode would not do as well as Warband.

Of all game modes duel should not have a class system in it.
I think the bridges in 2:25 (auto generated bridges for the crossing the road) is not required, we can go through the water.

There is no gold shown in the video, all classes are always available.
The gold is for bounty, but even then my point is that with classes why would 1 person choose recruit over legionary. The legionary is objectively better in 1v1s than a higher more valuable class. In captain, it was offset by numbers and in the skirmish, it was offset by gold cost. My point still stands with the class system not doing well for duels of all things. While being able to change factions is cool and better than Warband duels being forced to be in a class system with 2-3 viable options for a class I wonder if everyone will just play the same exact classes. I mean we already have this in skirmish and everyone runs the same build why wouldn't players have options for all weapons in the game and let them choose whatever they want. The duel would a lot more interesting when an Empire Recruit wields an eastern heavy mace. Or Aserai Tribal Warrior wearing improved veteran armor. The duels would be interesting since people will actually choose their favorite weapon of choice. Some players prefer axes others maces. Why not give all classes access to the same things.

The gold is for bounty, but even then my point is that with classes why would 1 person choose recruit over legionary. The legionary is objectively better in 1v1s than a higher more valuable class. In captain, it was offset by numbers and in the skirmish, it was offset by gold cost. My point still stands with the class system not doing well for duels of all things. While being able to change factions is cool and better than Warband duels being forced to be in a class system with 2-3 viable options for a class I wonder if everyone will just play the same exact classes. I mean we already have this in skirmish and everyone runs the same build why wouldn't players have options for all weapons in the game and let them choose whatever they want. The duel would a lot more interesting when an Empire Recruit wields an eastern heavy mace. Or Aserai Tribal Warrior wearing improved veteran armor. The duels would be interesting since people will actually choose their favorite weapon of choice. Some players prefer axes others maces. Why not give all classes access to the same things.
If you want an even gear duel or use weapons not usually used in skirmish then just coordinate with the other player?

If you want an even gear duel or use weapons not usually used in skirmish then just coordinate with the other player?
Perhaps in organized tournaments, but the main issue is still not addressed. Why can't the player have their own gear. What if players want to run cross-faction & cross-class loadouts. I think the class system hurts duels more than a skirmish. The developers stated that in a skirmish a team can coordinate and swap loadouts but in duel's you really can't change your equipment. For example, there is 0 incentive for anyone to play specific classes, it will end up with just predefined dueling factions and classes and everyone is literally going to ignore many classes.

Perhaps in organized tournaments, but the main issue is still not addressed. Why can't the player have their own gear. What if players want to run cross-faction & cross-class loadouts. I think the class system hurts duels more than a skirmish. The developers stated that in a skirmish a team can coordinate and swap loadouts but in duel's you really can't change your equipment. For example, there is 0 incentive for anyone to play specific classes, it will end up with just predefined dueling factions and classes and everyone is literally going to ignore many classes.
I didn't play Warband multiplayer, but weren't you still forced to play with only the factions gear? If anything they are now encouraging players to play different classes. Before nobody would have touched archers and cavalry in the duel server because you had to grind for money.

The idea that reverting the system is some Herculean task is going to get disproved in like, a month, when modders are finally able to mess with multiplayer.

I didn't play Warband multiplayer, but weren't you still forced to play with only the factions gear? If anything they are now encouraging players to play different classes. Before nobody would have touched archers and cavalry in the duel server because you had to grind for money.
Yes, but in warband duels you were able to choose all the equipment you wanted for inf class. Players had all the options but in bannerlord even with just simple cross-class like recruit using imperial heavy axe/mace is not a possibility just because of loadout restrictions. The only thing that is better in banner lord than warband was the ability to change factions but without cross-class its not as good.

It's stupid having classes especially in a mode like this, but I don't expect TW to budge at all on the matter. At the very least, there should be some sort of weapon rack so you can access all weapons as any class.

Back
Top Bottom