Development Update #5

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes but things like individual swings and blocks are not computed in real 3d time using physics such as accurate body hitboxes, angle of attack or much of anything really. This is what has always set this Engine apart and made M&B the gold standard of which you can find in any and every rpg/medieval forums everywhere: "Why Cant We Have M&B Style Combat?"

For strategy games with hundreds of units its even more admirable
I guess so I think I just explained how the total war AI works and why it's so stupid like the M&B AI is not smart by any means but because of how the AI works in total war they'll completely screw up their army by charging camels into my spearwall

I guess so I think I just explained how the total war AI works and why it's so stupid like the M&B AI is not smart by any means but because of how the AI works in total war they'll completely screw up their army by charging camels into my spearwall

Right and im not arguing with specifically you - more of a statement to people that tend to compare games like TW to MB. What you just described should be easily fixable in a game genre such as total War -as a matter of fact i find them lazy for not adding more interesting strategy and terrain type effects on combat as they dont have to really make it work in real time -its just all math.

M&B on the other hand -take Bannerlord for instance. Something is off with the Melee Cav in terms of the new models rigged with their mounted animations and they tend to miss their swings alot more than the older games -this will have a cascading effect on the entirety of the game as how can you strategize your Cav charge into a bunch of low tier infantry when all they do is miss and then get beaten to death with stones and meat cleavers because their swings are all .007 of a millimeter off? You have multiple levels of serious fix needed here while in Total War they have no such constraints as those things simply arent computed in any relative meaningful way.

Right and im not arguing with specifically you - more of a statement to people that tend to compare games like TW to MB. What you just described should be easily fixable in a game genre such as total War -as a matter of fact i find them lazy for not adding more interesting strategy and terrain type effects on combat as they dont have to really make it work in real time -its just all math.

M&B on the other hand -take Bannerlord for instance. Something is off with the Melee Cav in terms of the new models rigged with their mounted animations and they tend to miss their swings alot more than the older games -this will have a cascading effect on the entirety of the game as how can you strategize your Cav charge into a bunch of low tier infantry when all they do is miss and then get beaten to death with stones and meat cleavers because their swings are all .007 of a millimeter off? You have multiple levels of serious fix needed here while in Total War they have no such constraints as those things simply arent computed in any relative meaningful way.
I'm not arguing either I am just saying how bland the TW AI is like yeah BL bad AI for 7 months but TW AI been **** for like 21 years and yes the meele cav do need a fix

I'm not arguing either I am just saying how bland the TW AI is like yeah BL bad AI for 7 months but TW AI been **** for like 21 years and yes the meele cav do need a fix

Have you tried Troy? Curious because i know i heard they added many more terrain type effects on combat like infantry slowing down in mud -type stuff

Have you tried Troy? Curious because i know i heard they added many more terrain type effects on combat like infantry slowing down in mud -type stuff
I did and that is a good but they took one step forward two steps back since they made features that ruined every other part of battles battles in Troy to me got a lot more repetitive very quickly not to mention the huge AI downgrade these changes added

Not, really, I think you are projecting. I just see a professional studio produce 1 texture item per update and in 8 months can't update a bland smithy feature.
I'm not saying you don't have a right to be upset and that you don't have some valid points. But Imho the majority of your posts comes across as bitter. If you don't feel that way then my bad but that's the way I see it.

Due to the "wonderful" mechanics of the disappearance of the elders in the villages, it is impossible to recruit Battanian archers anywhere, there are only 10-15 archers in the Battanian armies of 800 people ... There are no archers in the Battanian armies ... And the developers are going to nerf the recruitment of prisoners.
This is exactly what the game needs now ... You would first solve the old problems before creating new ones ... Vlandia and the Khuzaites are destroying everyone, despite numerous alterations to diplomacy. Castles, cities and workshops are not economically profitable to maintain. In the captain's mode ... oh ... I don't even have the strength to say anything. I'm starting to regret that I once wrote a positive review about the game on Steam. There is a desire delete this game to hell ...

Last edited:
Due to the "wonderful" mechanics of the disappearance of the elders in the villages, it is impossible to recruit Battanian archers anywhere, there are only 10-15 archers in the Battanian armies of 800 people ... There are no archers in the Battanian armies ... And the developers are going to nerf the recruitment of prisoners.
This is exactly what the game needs now ... You would first solve the old problems before creating new ones ... Vlandia and the Khuzaites are destroying everyone, despite numerous alterations to diplomacy. Castles, cities and workshops are not economically profitable to maintain. In the captain's mode ... oh ... I don't even have the strength to say anything. I'm starting to regret that I once wrote a positive review about the game on Steam. There is a desire. delete this game to hell ...
Dude the game isn't finished and you want it deleted, wtf?

Back
Top Bottom