Development Update #5

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks. I saw this on youtube earlier today and thought it was a mistake or something since it wasn't on the forum. I mean, wouldn't they share it here with their fans first? Anyway, I saw the education thing for your kids but haven't seen it happen in game. Has anyone? My horse has never died either. I am on 1.5.4 so maybe it's not in there and only 1.5.3? I dunno.

Thanks. I saw this on youtube earlier today and thought it was a mistake or something since it wasn't on the forum. I mean, wouldn't they share it here with their fans first? Anyway, I saw the education thing for your kids but haven't seen it happen in game. Has anyone? My horse has never died either. I am on 1.5.4 so maybe it's not in there and only 1.5.3? I dunno.

My thoughts exactly on the sharing thing. I have never seen a horse getting wounded since EA release, including 1.5.4.

It puzzles me how they give things that seemingly need a totally different amount of work a similar amount of time in the video, like the ranged weapon rework and the new battanian armor. Srsly, one armor piece? Even if it looks nice and the different layers do have volume.

This are things not yes in the game but something for the next update. Usualy they anounce new things like this.

Didn't even know there was a Herald, good to know. I looked around and I don't know where t find it on here but that's fine I'm not that familiar with these forums anyway. Is being able to give your parties orders such as patrol, raid, etc. ever going to be in the game?

These are excellent changes and fixes, but this is still just tinkering. I don't count ALT/LMB content worthy. There have been no major content updates in almost 9 months.

Is the dev using a mod for that lime green clan color?
"Leave a comment telling us what you think..." I think you get enough comments about what your players think already lol.
I wish they would split the ranged skills into other attribute sets, it absolutely garbage to have 3 mutually exclusive skills in 1 attribute.
Put throwing into vigor, put Xbow in INT, but Bow in either CUN or END.
Or just drop attributes completely and let us have actually freedom in how we build our character!

Again I am not impressed, Medieval Kingdoms mod for Atilla has 4,000 custom made units. 1 new amour in a update? Okay TW. Add in a major overhaul for diplomacy or a player custom troop tree.

My point is that using an existing asset and creating one from scratch are not comparable. That said, I do agree that it is underwhelming.

They also have a custom Holy Roman Empire script, cardinal pope script, crusades script, College of Cardinals/ Catholic priests, 10 building slots, custom achievements, nickname scripts, ect. Some units have M&B mod textures, but many don't. :grin:

Last edited:
I actually like ALT/LMB and don't mind if they incorporate things that were published as mods before, I'd also work on diplomacy, lord strategic conversation, better time - like (add 1-2 more campaign map speed options, like X8 and X12 time speed up, as current fastest is quite slow) and realistic weapons collisions - the swords, axes should bounce off from heavy armor, not cut through model, I think I used such mod in previous version, alliances between kingdoms.

Speaking of scenes, models, I think even redoing some already existing armors and giving them a bit life, or variety, belts, accessories, horns and release it as separate armors would be a great addon, not to mention armor customization with such props - that would be perfect. Troops are distinguishable between factions, but they look kinda similar. As of scenes, they slowly, but surely introduce one after another, I guess they have a decent testing pipeline, that's why it may take them so long. Village, castle and town clones are a bit painful, but I'm sure they know it and will add more variety.

I think they may incorporate some of the best and most accurate models and scenes from the incoming modding tools competition - this event is a 10/10 idea, congratulations TaleWorlds. Besides of great content to come, this will push forward modding scene a lot. I think in 2021 the game will really be something and the great mods will pop out, from Star Wars through LoTR, GoT, Witcher, Japan, Western, Middle East, Medieval world to native enhancements :smile:

They also have a custom Holy Roman Empire script, cardinal pope script, crusades script, College of Cardinals/ Catholic priests, 10 building slots, custom achievements, nickname scripts, ect. Some units have M&B mod textures, but many don't. :grin:

Yeah ive been playing that but they dont need to worry about pesky little things like an ACTUAL COMBAT SYSTEM like this engine does. They simply thrown some little sprites at each other and roll the dice.

Yeah ive been playing that but they dont need to worry about pesky little things like an ACTUAL COMBAT SYSTEM like this engine does. They simply thrown some little sprites at each other and roll the dice.
The thing with total war combat is that 1 group is only 1 entity there are multiple models but the game counts them all as 1 entity which is one of the reasons empire was not enjoyed when kill animations came in so fighting didn't matter anymore it was who got the animation first this was mostly in meele but carried over to other total wars luckily medieval doesn't suffer from this due to being on of the easiest if not the easiest total war game while in BL each unit is its own entity and has its own AI which is why it seems like total war is better in the way commands work

The thing with total war combat is that 1 group is only 1 entity there are multiple models but the game counts them all as 1 entity which is one of the reasons empire was not enjoyed when kill animations came in so fighting didn't matter anymore it was who got the animation first this was mostly in meele but carried over to other total wars luckily medieval doesn't suffer from this due to being on of the easiest if not the easiest total war game while in BL each unit is its own entity and has its own AI which is why it seems like total war is better in the way commands work

Yes but things like individual swings and blocks are not computed in real 3d time using physics such as accurate body hitboxes, speed of swing/target, angle of attack or much of anything really. This is what has always set this Engine apart and made M&B the gold standard of which you can find in any and every rpg/medieval forums everywhere: "Why Cant We Have M&B Style Combat?"

For strategy games with hundreds of units its even more admirable

Back
Top Bottom