Developer roles

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not sure if this information is already available but I think it would be good to know the departments and positions of all the Devs who frequent the forums.

People like @AVRC @Callum @Duh_TaleWorlds @mexxico @MArdA TaleWorlds @NIN3 @azakhi and a few others i may be missing off the top of my head.

All these devs work very hard to make us feel heard and to keep us informed but it seems no one knows who to @ with problems relating to different departments and often a dev will be summoned or come along by chance to just inform us that our question doesn't relate to their work and they can't give an answer.

If someone could help me make a list so we can properly interact with and @ the right people that would be amazing.

Yeah probably not. Or else your gonna get alot of "yo WTF @ MexiDuh! You said you were gonna fix Problem #20,198 3 weeks ago. Where are you at this very second with it? What is your schedule today!? Will it be fixed after lunch? Text me when its fixed dood"

you guys make a good point. not going to lie i would do that and use this imaginary list to go through the forums and @ devs on every post directed at them with unanswered questions. it feels bad looking at so many desperate posts the last while that will never get an answer. sa players as an example, begging for servers and not knowing who to talk to makes me cry i feel so bad for them.

Yeah the reason is exactly what you did in this thread @ everyone for not good reasons. If you report your bugs in the technical forum and you put your suggestions in the suggestion forums, the devs have a high chance of seeing it, even if they don't reply to you.

I mean **** people are already spamming Mexxico's personal profile begging for details.

i @ them because i wanted to directly ask them what their role is. they don't have to respond, its just another notification in their day not a big burden on their mind like the other hyper aggressive posts. i think its a good reason and could lead to healthier discussions within the community if we could reach out and talk to the right people instead of the void and hope the right dev takes a glance (im sure the devs comb these forums pretty well even if we cant see it :wink: )

All you really need to know is the the Community Support is @MArdA TaleWorlds and the Community Manager is @Callum, the developers don't really need to spend time answering questions, because that's not really their job (although they can do if they wish), so they shouldn't be used as the main way to get answers and shouldn't be @'d to get answers either.

You're very right fietta i get that but it feels like the vast majority of crucial information we get between patches comes from devs other than those two. it would be much easier for our community to feel informed if everyone knew they could do a general search on devs like mexxico or azakhi for example and see all the incredibly important statements they make hundreds of comments deep in threads. (searching the cs and cm yields similar results but gives you far from the full picture)

it would be much easier for our community to feel informed if everyone knew they could do a general search on devs like mexxico or azakhi for example and see all the incredibly important statements they make hundreds of comments deep in threads.

This problem could be solved, the community manager should just post their statements in a pinned thread, but I guess this would be too easy.

Well you can follow all those developer accounts and learned what they posted. we already got 5/30 devs there. Although to be honest I prefer we got more talk/post from armagan or any senior/project leaders. I mean a lot of times those developer mentioned above doesn't really have power to dictate what bannerlord is gonna be

I'm not sure if you're aware, but some of the developers aren't really confident enough in their English to talk with us on general (English) forums.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but some of the developers aren't really confident enough in their English to talk with us on general (English) forums.
All they really need to learn is "We are working on it.", and most on here would be happy :grin:

Google translate says that "Üzerinde çalışıyoruz." in Turkish.

Personally I'd like to know, but I'm generally curious and know a bunch of dev roles already. Although I see the problem of devs being @ spammed, which in turn clouds the real issues devs need to see instead of little johnny raging about a simple bug which has already been reported.

Back
Top Bottom