Developer Q&A

Users who are viewing this thread

Xeroth said:
Will we bee seeing new admins, like we are rumored to be having?
I can answer that for you, yes, yes we will, Deo started the voting today as a matter of a fact. You may ask how I know this, well I was the one who convinced him to get more admins! See here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,247001.0.html

Will officer pistols ever be more than a comedy gun?
I ask as I would love to see them back in action as a weapon of war and not just as a pseudo starter pistol. I shall quote a wiser man than myself.

Crayon said:
The officers pistol is a dreadful mockery of a thing. It is utterly useless. Not only can it not hit anything more than 1 inch in front of it, it usually takes multiple shots to kill.

The fact it can be reloaded while walking means nothing, we may as well be able to make a cup of tea while walking and then throw that at the enemy for it would do more damage and probably be more accurate than the pitiful pistol.

People use them purely for the laughs at the minute, or simply ditch them at first opportunity and pick up a musket instead. They are pointless nerf guns.

For the love of gentlemanly pistol killing everywhere, make the officers pistol be capable of actually killing someone at closer ranges and give it a smidgen more accuracy. If this means removing the walk and load then so be it.

I can't think why anyone would object to bringing pistols back into use.  They are non-weapons as it is.

Crayon said:
I ask as I would love to see them back in action as a weapon of war and not just as a pseudo starter pistol. I shall quote a wiser man than myself.

Crayon said:
The officers pistol is a dreadful mockery of a thing. It is utterly useless. Not only can it not hit anything more than 1 inch in front of it, it usually takes multiple shots to kill.

The fact it can be reloaded while walking means nothing, we may as well be able to make a cup of tea while walking and then throw that at the enemy for it would do more damage and probably be more accurate than the pitiful pistol.

People use them purely for the laughs at the minute, or simply ditch them at first opportunity and pick up a musket instead. They are pointless nerf guns.

For the love of gentlemanly pistol killing everywhere, make the officers pistol be capable of actually killing someone at closer ranges and give it a smidgen more accuracy. If this means removing the walk and load then so be it.

I can't think why anyone would object to bringing pistols back into use.  They are non-weapons as it is.
I lol'd. But in all seriousness, I totally agree.

Can you tell us which factions will be getting the 2 new regiments?

How long do you guys plan on actively supporting the dlc and adding new content?

Might your next project involve sailing ships and/or pirates?

Last but not least, can I get your autograph on this? :grin:
9C65AA5298658EEC232E26B2C502704B098DA318

Joking. :razz:

Stevon said:

How long do you guys plan on actively supporting the dlc and adding new content?

If I would have thought about it, he was on US_1 mass tking earlier, should have screenshotted it, now that would be an autograph.

Vince, I love the way the line militia of the Russian faction is designed. Will we ever be able to see the Line Militia (not partizani) with bayonets? I'd love to use them with my regiment in a linebattle someday.

Xeroth said:
Will we bee seeing new admins, like we are rumored to be having?
Yes, you will, we are constantly recruiting and taking on new people, look at the applications thread if you want to become one:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,236562.0.html

moonrider said:
In your opinion Vince, since you're a self-taught developer, would Python be worth learning if wanting to make your own games/mods or would C++ be a better option. Or both?
No, I hate python with a passion.
C++ is a bit advanced to start with, why not start experimenting with C# and unity if you want to make your own games, if you want to make a mod on NW/Warband you are forced to use MB script anyway but manuals for that are found in the modding section.

Sir Audiate said:
What is the planned release of the next patch? I know 1.006 just came out, but I'm eager to know now!

Also, will there be any in-game support when it comes to graphic modifications, such as custom uniforms/banners? I'd just find it pretty interesting and pretty fantastic if that was implemented.
We don't have a set date yet, nor will we ever release one, cause you can't make it, ever.
You can exchange textures/models already, that is what a lot of unit mods are doing, if you mean that when you put something in, everyone sees it, that is impossible, it would take too much bandwidth of the server and could get in the way of gameplay.

McEwanMaster77 said:
Will there be any improvements to the bot mechanics?

Any changes to the all-important artillery system?

Is one of those new units the stylish Marins de la Garde?  :smile:
EDIT: (Joke. Please don't start a "HOW 'BOUT THIS REGIMENT!" spam)
Sadly the bot AI is mostly hardcoded in the engine, and completely messy, Don't expect any change with this at this time.
Artillery might become slightly more balanced next patch, Im thinking of reducing the ammount a cannonball could bounce, and perhaps some accuracy changes.
Not telling any information about new regiments, sorry.

damonkey said:
Or, even better, Prussian Light Infantry?  :wink:
Not telling any information about new regiments, sorry.

Crayon said:

Crayon said:

Perhaps I'll buff them a bit next patch, I'll see.

Oldplayer said:
who was the voice actor for the training bits?

also who did the war cries?
Joseph Bracken made the tutorial voice over, as well as the british shouts,
For all the others, well look here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,227202.0.html

Stevon said:

Sorry, won't tell about new units.
We will support it as long as it is needed, Not sure really.
Not telling about the new project at this time, sorry.
hah.

Coconut said:
Are the spontoon spears going to come back? Those things were awesome for the British sergeants :wink:
No, they won't.

1thecop said:
Vince, I love the way the line militia of the Russian faction is designed. Will we ever be able to see the Line Militia (not partizani) with bayonets? I'd love to use them with my regiment in a linebattle someday.
They are already in, They are called "Sankt-Peterburzhskoye Opolcheniye"

Talii said:
Is there a possibility that UK will, in the foreseeable future, gain acess to Hussars?
No.

Refleax said:
Can you describe the Maltese in a few words?
Friendly, workaholic, half Arabic and determined.

Aztir said:
Vince. Will you ever answer these questions?
:grin:
No. xD

Vincenzo said:
Crayon said:
Crayon said:

Perhaps I'll buff them a bit next patch, I'll see.

Huzzah!
:grin:

I've 2 questions:

- Will your next project be a huge patch for NW or will there come a totally new mod / DLC?
- I heard something about; that players will become a ragdoll when dying from a cannonball / explosion, is this true? :O

Back
Top Bottom