Developer Blog #3 - Revival Plans, Iron Europe 2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Developer Blog #3 - Revival Plans, Iron Europe 2.0
Hopefully, the lack of new information hasn't given the impression that the mod has been abandoned. The team has been hard at work improving the mod, taking into consideration the suggestions and criticism we have received. All aspects of the mod will be refined and some widely requested new features will be added. These changes will culminate in a large update called Iron Europe 2.0. This developer blog will cover a small portion of our overall plans for the update.

More dynamic gameplay is one of our main focuses. An issue that lots of people have reported is that on each map, the factions will always capture and hold the same flags, round after round. Due to the respawning of defenders and lack of cover, it is almost impossible to capture points, leading to repetitive gameplay. A start to fixing this is to lock spawning on flags where combat is happening. This will remove the frustrating moments when you're trying to cap a flag and get shot in the back due to a spawning defender. As well, our current maps will be reworked to provide more cover, allowing for easier movement between flags. New maps will also be made with this in mind. As a result of these changes, game-play will be much less repetitive and more tactical.

As many of you have guessed, the United Kingdom will be making its appearance in IE 2.0. A big thanks to Docm, his contribution of a Canadian Uniform gave us a huge head start.
n3iwx.png

We have plans to add different regiments to each faction, meaning that you might see Scottish, Canadian, Australian and other Dominion troops as part of the new UK faction as well as the Foreign Legion and Bavarians for France and Germany, respectively. However, depending on how we progress in the coming weeks, they may or may not be part of the upcoming update. Still, if there is a particular regiment you would like to see in the game, let us know and we would be happy to consider your suggestion.

More info on our plans for Iron Europe 2.0 will be released in future developer blogs. We believe that an update of this size will be able to revive the mod as there is plenty of room for improvement and NW still maintains a sizable player-base. If you enjoyed playing the mod when it was populated, please help us to rebuild the community so that you can do so once again upon the release of IE 2.0. As always, thanks to those who continue to support us.

Really looking forward to the future of this mod, they've put too much time in it already for it to be barely touched because of the early release.

i honestly dont think that  this is going to bring people back, to tell them it will be revamped as 2.0 as it seems like it will be an age before the new patch comes out

its plugging at straws, the mod within a month had no players and has been empty for 3 months now

We still have a couple players getting on once in a while for a quick game. A mod doesn't really die until its community has totally given up on the mod. Reading comments on the Steam group, ModDB, and FSE will tell you that a significant amount of people enjoyed the mod and are still interested in playing provided that the servers are populated again. I will not deny the possibility that IE will return to its current state even after the patch is released, but the team has decided that we're going to give it our best shot. Time may be a concern but it's important to know that 2.0 is simply a large update, focusing on fixing the main issues that pushed people away from the mod and expanding on what has already accomplished. It's not going to take anywhere near the two years that it took to get the first version out. As well, NW's playerbase has remained remarkably stable, barely having lost any players in the past months. Ultimately, it's going to be a combination of the team's hard work and community's enthusiam for this revival to be a success. If you want to retain a negative attitude, that's up to you, but it would be appreciated if you did not discourage others from being hopeful.

I think as long as events that run smoothly above 50+ people come around, people will come back. I have my doubts about public servers but the events will surly be done if they run smoothly. 

Rigadoon said:
We still have a couple players getting on once in a while for a quick game. A mod doesn't really die until its community has totally given up on the mod. Reading comments on the Steam group, ModDB, and FSE will tell you that a significant amount of people enjoyed the mod and are still interested in playing provided that the servers are populated again. I will not deny the possibility that IE will return to its current state even after the patch is released, but the team has decided that we're going to give it our best shot. Time may be a concern but it's important to know that 2.0 is simply a large update, focusing on fixing the main issues that pushed people away from the mod and expanding on what has already accomplished. It's not going to take anywhere near the two years that it took to get the first version out. As well, NW's playerbase has remained remarkably stable, barely having lost any players in the past months. Ultimately, it's going to be a combination of the team's hard work and community's enthusiam for this revival to be a success. If you want to retain a negative attitude, that's up to you, but it would be appreciated if you did not discourage others from being hopeful.

It is not that
the mount and blade community have no patience at all, literally none
a bit of lag. and half the players left after one week

you go on a server with 100 players, say 10 leave then the rest follow and within 15 minutes its down to 5 players

mount and blade community are a bunch of sheeple who follow the other and have no patience at all

this is why im saying as much as i enjoy IE and i notice there are enthusiastic people about it,
even if you made it superb,  the mentality in the mount blade community mind set is `meh done it already im not playing it again`, thats just how it works

take now for instance there is no reason at all why it should barely have anyone playing it, its fun, works lag free and has lots of cool feature..  but the sheeple have followed one another and impatently left IE

i dont think theres anything chipping through the mindset of the MB community

Cool, nice to see the PBI (Poor Bloody Infantry) making an appearance.  I really enjoyed this mod and hope the arrival of the British might get it going again, even if just in modest numbers.

I'm begging you here, really really begging you, please, please fix the bots and their shooting issues with the next patch.

Back
Top Bottom