Resolved Dev want feedback, me give feedback. Part 1: Roleplaying

Users who are viewing this thread

matiyev

Recruit
So basically the goal with these posts are to give some ideas on how to add depth to the different aspects of the game (which, although many, are imho utterly shallow at the current state of the game). In this post I will try to address the roleplaying aspect.

1) Ridiculous perks.
I just don't think you have to be a freaking Wall Street erudite to be able to trade with fiefs or freaking Al Capone to take out your weapon in a city. I mean, I could understand a perk that makes it easier not to get caught, for example, but disabling the feature completely and forcing people to grind for days before we're able to play ? Not cool.

2) Choices and quests have no real consequences.
I think a faction system similar to the one used in the Stalker or the Pillars of Eternity series, where you have to do faction specific quests would make the character development much more immersive. I get the fact that the game is supposed to be free play, but that doesn't mean dull, repetitive and linear quests with no consequences to speak of that feel more like chores. Some story depending on the faction and the quest giving character wouldn't hurt.

3) Companions and characters too shallow.
The interaction with the characters is reduced to the same dialog options for every single character, and they also give the same boring answers exactly. I won't even begin to speak of puns and sense of humor, you're either funny or you're not, and you can't expect fun characters coming from boring and/or bitter devs, but right now the characters have no personality to speak of. Needless to say about the weddings that you might as well marry a tree. Again, if you want an example of good, deep characters and NPCs: Pillars of Eternity or Divinity: Original Sin.

Ok, this is what I can come up with regarding roleplaying, feel free to add more ideas and suggestions, maybe some will be implemented. Fingers crossed.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom