[Dev responds] No patch for 2 days

Users who are viewing this thread

There's much more than that.I'm sure you haven't played Warband so you really dont know the issue here. Making marriage simply "harder" doesnt solve anything, it needs depth. We could learn poems, dedicate tourney victories, challenge other suitors etc and family affiliations meant something. The families with strong lords were important. There are many many features in Warband that we currently dont have in Bannerlord, every relation point meant something in Warband. So calling them 2 very minor balance changes is not true. These are huge features that creates depth and effects the overall gameplay in the long run. I hope devs implement those features to the game and just dont leave them simplified as they currently are.

First of all, I have hundreds of hours in Warband. 95% of that in mods of course, becasue the native Warband kinda sucked, it could barely sustain the first playthough before it got boring (if you also played the original M&B as I did, I dont really know how Warband felt for a new player). It seems to me that people forget how underwhelming native Warband was.

Bannerlord already feels like a bigger improvement over Warband than Warband was over the original (talking pure native here). Maybe that is just because I am not a child and actually understand how game development works, meaning I am able to judge the product based on which features are finished, which are not fully fleshed out and which are purely placeholders.

Also, if you think the shallow gimmick of poems in Warband was depth, I have a bridge to sell you.

First of all, I have hundreds of hours in Warband. 95% of that in mods of course, becasue the native Warband kinda sucked, it could barely sustain the first playthough before it got boring (if you also played the original M&B as I did, I dont really know how Warband felt for a new player). It seems to me that people forget how underwhelming native Warband was.

Bannerlord already feels like a bigger improvement over Warband than Warband was over the original (talking pure native here). Maybe that is just because I am not a child and actually understand how game development works, meaning I am able to judge the product based on which features are finished, which are not fully fleshed out and which are purely placeholders.

Also, if you think the shallow gimmick of poems in Warband was depth, I have a bridge to sell you.
I said compared to Bannerlord. Yes Warband overall has more depth in the long run. If you really did play Warband then you'd know what I'm talking about and what exactly we lack in bannerlord. You talk as if you are a part of the dev team and act like these things will be improved and added. I hope you're right for the sake of this game. As I said these are hardly the 2 little balance issues as you said. These are core gameplay mechanics Warband had and Bannerlord lacks.

Last edited:
For example if you form your caravan at Makeb and if you make a graph collecting its positions in all its travels you will see distribution will be something like this :
EvsFN.png

I know this is not enough to protect your caravans 100% and people want more micromanagement but it has no priority currently but we are collecting what are wanted for future. You can use above data for now.
That's really cool, I had no idea they worked that way.

Kind of a side question, but if you form a caravan and you're:
a) not a vassal
b) not an independent kingdom
Does your caravan "fly the flag" of the nation you recruit it under?

For example if I were to recruit a caravan in Makeb, if the Khuzait go to war with someone, can my caravan be attacked by the opposing nation?

I said compared to Bannerlord. Yes Warband overall has more depth in the long run.
In the long-run, Bannerlord will continue to have new features and gaps filled (very quickly I expect).

Today, Bannerlord isn't a superset of vanilla Warband, but Warband is pretty flat compared to Bannerlord.

That's really cool, I had no idea they worked that way.

Kind of a side question, but if you form a caravan and you're:
a) not a vassal
b) not an independent kingdom
Does your caravan "fly the flag" of the nation you recruit it under?

For example if I were to recruit a caravan in Makeb, if the Khuzait go to war with someone, can my caravan be attacked by the opposing nation?
your clan is a faction in itself i think so the caravan should fly your flag

your clan is a faction in itself i think so the caravan should fly your flag
I would think so, but when I talk to my caravans they open with "Hello, I'm operating under the protection of -Insert Ruler of Town where you Started the Caravan-", so I'm not 100% sure how that works.

For 3-4 days I worked on lords to have better tier troops. It will be at beta branch 2-3 days later with other developments :

Here is latest situation after developments, as you see tier1 / tier2 troops are generally 25%+20% = 45% of all troops. It was 45%+25% = 70% before. Also now NPC lords will be visiting settlements & recruting more to fill their party size (more compared current version). Previously they were going enemy lands more frequently with less men (currently using 60% of their party size in average with additions this ratio will rise 80%). Also if they have lots of wounded troops they now go settlement and rest more. Armies will care their food more (they were dying because of starving much and their food management is a bit developed). Sally out exploit (if you lay siege with neutral army thing) will be gone. You will not be able to change troops of villagers / caravans / militias with donate troops option. NPC lords will make better economical management, if they are rich they will recruit more and increase party / garrison sizes (this was already at game but developed). All these improvements will be at beta branch soon (2-3 days).

after developments :

WhA8J.png

before developments :

WlC7G.png

Also decreased lords escaping probability by 25% / 50% (from mobile party / from settlement). This will be later decreased more when replacement heroes are added to game. Currently it is risky to reduce very much because replacements are not added and some clans only have 1-2 lords. This addition (slightly decreased escaping probability) will be at beta too 2-3 days later.

Also you will be able to hire a caravan including better troops with 50% expensive initial cost and daily wage. However party size will stay at 30. Later new perks will be added giving +5 size to player caravans. I tested latest situation in lots of different save games and still caravans are very good value and travel with very low risk in most cases. I think we lost lots of time discussing this 30 thing. It was something needed and minor compared to other issues. People overreacted it before testing / playing enough.
Awesome!

I would think so, but when I talk to my caravans they open with "Hello, I'm operating under the protection of -Insert Ruler of Town where you Started the Caravan-", so I'm not 100% sure how that works.
i think that's just a bug, my caravans always show my flag but im not sure either about it works

I think it would be cool to get a report from your caravan telling you every time they were forced to switch destinations and why. If you follow your caravan around you'll notice they switch their target destination after be chased for so long by hostile parties. They could track these reroutes and tell the player as an organic way to convey which routes were the most dangerous.

So, for instance, "On my way from X town to Y town to sell furs I was forced to reroute to Z town after being chased away by Steppe Bandits/Jawwal Mercenaries."

They already track where they came from, where they're headed, and what they're selling, so all they would need to record is when the AI decides to switch destinations and what parties they were fleeing from at the time. Once they implement a log system it would be easy to neatly package this info into a "Caravan Status Report" for the players.

Edit: They could add, "I was near X village/castle at the time" to pinpoint further where the player needs to go do some good old fashioned bandit harvesting.

Last edited:
Damn it, the devs are human beings and allow themselves some rest on the weekends, while they absolutely must slave away to patch my favorite game amidst the global crisis!

I don't remember Warband being "deep" with features. Maybe because I haven't played it for so long, but if you're saying Warband has more features than Bannerlord you're delusional. The only thing I'd say that Warband does better than Bannerlord is the kingdom diplomacy (which isn't even in bannerlord yet, and I'm sure when it eventually will be it'll become even better than Warband's), and how the endgame plays out much better. But, they'll make it work out the same way they made the kingdom steamrolling issue disappear even though it was game breaking. These changes will just come over time and I'll have to accept that. I disagree with people who think that because Warband have NPCs teaching you poems that nobody cared about and only did it because it's necessary then it means it has more features that Bannerlord. I played Native Warband for atleast 1 year before I started touching mods, and alot of the stuff that I wished was in the game back then has made it to Bannerlord. In my opinion, the only thing I'm somewhat disappointed about in Bannerlord is that the AI is still pretty dumb. I really hoped that it'd been much smarter but I think it's getting worked on.

My point was, they should focus on fixing or adding new and improved features instead of balancing these simple things that take up time. Ofcourse progress is progress, but I feel like it's more important to focus on the big
onding to include us into the development even if they don't have such an obligation at all, for example after no man's sky's disastrous ''full'' release devs disappeared for three months without responding nor announcing a damn thing and vast majority of people who bought or planning to buy the game
I didn't know this. In all the EA games I've been apart of the dev team has been very active on the forums and responding to players, which is why I thought it was standard. I'll appreciate that more and stop taking it for granted.

I am asking myself: "who are all these people blindingly defending an obvious F.up from TW?? How many hours in Warband might they have? Or are they noobs in this games? Are they kids? Do they own a company? Manage a company? Or are employees?" because the approach would be different and our views surely would be different.
That is impossible to know here,so I just avoid keeping writing the same things over and over and over....enjoy and defend faulty products consumers,being them a game, a car, a jacket or a toaster, the best is yet to come....YOU are shaping the actual Society...and honestly it is not a good sight.

do you people seem to forget that the developers have family too and they have regular work hours. its not that they are patching 24/7. at the end of the day when they come home its not like ''oh **** better do some patches first'' probally gonna be 2-3 updates ( if not more ) this week. just be patient people. there is also a ''virus'' floating around lets not forget about that aswell.

do you people seem to forget that the developers have family too and they have regular work hours. its not that they are patching 24/7. at the end of the day when they come home its not like ''oh **** better do some patches first'' probally gonna be 2-3 updates ( if not more ) this week. just be patient people. there is also a ''virus'' floating around lets not forget about that aswell.
but i paid 45€, where is my personal dev team? i feel scammed, i expected at least a team of 5 people to come and visit me everyday for feedback

I am asking myself: "who are all these people blindingly defending an obvious F.up from TW?? How many hours in Warband might they have? Or are they noobs in this games? Are they kids? Do they own a company? Manage a company? Or are employees?" because the approach would be different and our views surely would be different.
That is impossible to know here,so I just avoid keeping writing the same things over and over and over....enjoy and defend faulty products consumers,being them a game, a car, a jacket or a toaster, the best is yet to come....YOU are shaping the actual Society...and honestly it is not a good sight.

I am asking myself: "who are all these people blindingly attacking an obvious minor balancing issue from TW?? How many hours in Warband might they have? Or are they noobs in this games? Are they kids? Do they own a company? Manage a company? Or are employees?" because the approach would be different and our views surely would be different.
That is impossible to know here,so I just avoid keeping writing the same things over and over and over....enjoy and attack unfinished products consumers,being them a game, a car, a jacket or a toaster, the best is yet to come....YOU are shaping the actual Society...and honestly it is not a good sight.

On a more serious note, I suggest to sit down and to ask yourself if becoming so emotional about people having different opinions is a healthy thing.

I am asking myself: "who are all these people blindingly attacking an obvious minor balancing issue from TW?? How many hours in Warband might they have? Or are they noobs in this games? Are they kids? Do they own a company? Manage a company? Or are employees?" because the approach would be different and our views surely would be different.
That is impossible to know here,so I just avoid keeping writing the same things over and over and over....enjoy and attack unfinished products consumers,being them a game, a car, a jacket or a toaster, the best is yet to come....YOU are shaping the actual Society...and honestly it is not a good sight.

On a more serious note, I suggest to sit down and to ask yourself if becoming so emotional about people having different opinions is a healthy thing.
Considering I am a gamer and a citizen, yes, I am concerned about how people's mentality works nowadays, the football team they are fan of? I could not care less, they have debts because they live above their paycheck? I could not care less.
But Society and Gaming are activities that involve also me, so yeah, I care:smile:

Considering I am a gamer and a citizen, yes, I am concerned about how people's mentality works nowadays, the football team they are fan of? I could not care less, they have debts because they live above their paycheck? I could not care less.
But Society and Gaming are activities that involve also me, so yeah, I care:smile:

When historians hundreds of years from now are studying the collapse of society in the 21st century, I am sure they will pay special attention to the people who did not lose their **** because a game released in EA with many features unfinished.

When historians hundreds of years from now are studying the collapse of society in the 21st century, I am sure they will pay special attention to the people who did not lose their **** because a game released in EA with many features unfinished.
Well, what if he describes himself as a professional gamer and citizen of a SOCIETY??? If aliens were to start reviving members of our race to find out what we were up to I can't fathom gawmer professors not being the first to be inquired?

Well, what if he describes himself as a professional gamer and citizen of a SOCIETY??? If aliens were to start reviving members of our race to find out what we were up to I can't fathom gawmer professors not being the first to be inquired?
I never said I am a professional gamer, just a gamer....and why? Don't you live in a society too? You maybe live alone on Mars?
Don't worry guys, I am out of here, no real way to reason with attitudes like yours...

Back
Top Bottom