[Dev responds] No patch for 2 days

Users who are viewing this thread

For example lord personalities had a bigger part in the game then now, for recruiting them, getting them to follow you etc.
Or the whole courting experience, in Warband you needed to pick the right lord with the right daughter for the kind of game you are playing, then start oiling the wheels with the Lord in question, court the lady, maybe elope if you wanted, etc...
Now I just spawned as a scrub and bought my wife FROM A RULER and it was only RNG I got her (plus the money).

It seems to me that many mechanics have been "simplified", in Warband I was having my own kingdom at around day 1000 just for comparison:smile:

Some may say it is EA, I say that main features had to be in already and in EA we only had to find missing line of text or little mistakes, subtle stuff.
True, good examples. Let's hope the current implementation isn't final.

This is all fine but will lords still get defeated and then come right back to attack you with a full stack a day or two later? again and again and again? That's all the end game seems to be at the moment, it's hard to deal with just given the sheer amount of armies they raise currently even if they're all recruits.

Fix one issue, then the next.

If the lords are training more, then it naturally seems like they will be going on the offensive less

If I remember when I was looking through some of the code there was a lot of dialog that isn't currently active and also some additional lords/heroes I believe.
Give it some time, 8-10 years is average for a company to release a finished product (that usually still needs balancing upon release). Meanwhile these guys are busting ass, they've rebuilt their entire game engine a few times which usually involves scrapping pretty much everything and starting over on development.
they rebuilt their engine 4 years ago, so the whole 8 years thing is just not true anyway

they rebuilt their engine 4 years ago, so the whole 8 years thing is just not true anyway
Please tell me how building an engine prevents one single person from writing dialogue lines. As far as I'm aware, not every single employee is a programmer that worked on the engine all the time.

Please tell me how building an engine prevents one single person from writing dialogue lines. As far as I'm aware, not every single employee is a programmer that worked on the engine all the time.

Ever think their holding certain things in reserve so that the game stays fresh as we’re going through the process?
If you hadn’t noticed, the main focus the last two weeks has been bugs, crashes, and economy. Even these RNGs from the conversations aren’t updating properly. It always lists the same numbers, regardeless if associated skills.

We’re looking at a skeleton of the building still in many regards, but once the walls go up, everything on the inside starts to develop rather quickly.

I honestly think some folks need to just find another game for a few and then come back to this one once a couple bigger updates can get implemented. Being disappointed because the updates are fixing problems you don’t experience or care about is indicative that you just have enough going on right now

I never played M&B for the great dialogues... :wink:
Exactly, there was tons of room for improvement there.

Ever think their holding certain things in reserve so that the game stays fresh as we’re going through the process?
If you hadn’t noticed, the main focus the last two weeks has been bugs, crashes, and economy. Even these RNGs from the conversations aren’t updating properly. It always lists the same numbers, regardeless if associated skills.

We’re looking at a skeleton of the building still in many regards, but once the walls go up, everything on the inside starts to develop rather quickly.

I honestly think some folks need to just find another game for a few and then come back to this one once a couple bigger updates can get implemented. Being disappointed because the updates are fixing problems you don’t experience or care about is indicative that you just have enough going on right now
I'm not expecting more dialogue options any time soon to be honest. I expected them on early access release. I expected the game to be closer to what warband was and if they held certaing things to keep the game fresh, those things weren't things that were already in the previous game.

I really hope you're right and devolpment speeds up and they deliver the truly masterful game Bannerlord could be.

You complain the game lacks depth, yet you mentioned 2 very minor balance changes (giving lords more diverse traits and giving traits more pronounced effects, and making getting marriage approval harder). Are you serious?
There's much more than that.I'm sure you haven't played Warband so you really dont know the issue here. Making marriage simply "harder" doesnt solve anything, it needs depth. We could learn poems, dedicate tourney victories, challenge other suitors etc and family affiliations meant something. The families with strong lords were important. There are many many features in Warband that we currently dont have in Bannerlord, every relation point meant something in Warband. So calling them 2 very minor balance changes is not true. These are huge features that creates depth and effects the overall gameplay in the long run. I hope devs implement those features to the game and just dont leave them simplified as they currently are.

Actually home settlement is very important variable for this problem. You can select home settlement according to possible risks. For now thats all you can do later more options can be added.
Wouldn't having "roads" to travel on predict better where the caravan would go and also help in knowing what t protect
Would alos look nice to have some roads over the campaign map etc.

I disagree. If I want good dialogues I play games like The Witcher or Mass Effect. Not everything that can be done must be done. Otherwise you end up like Star Citizen...
Remember, it doesn't stop with better dialogues, you could just as well ask for the strategic depth of Crusader Kings, settlement building from Anno and the combat simulation of Kingdom Come. At the end it takes 16 years rather than 8 years and it still wouldn't be a better game because it's not their core expertise.

Actually home settlement is very important variable for this problem. You can select home settlement according to possible risks. For now thats all you can do later more options can be added.
Can you elaborate some more on this point? In what way is home settlement an important variable? Does it impact the Caravan pathing decision making process?

Yeah man people need to chill out, there is a certain amount of feedback thats great but when the same things keep getting brought up over and over again and the devs already know about it than it's just counter productive. People need to let them just do their thing and quit stressin the staff out lol

Hahaha it might've gone across as complaining but that wasn't my intention at all. in addition, this whole lockdown thing got me lost on time since we're all in our homes all day.
That's correct we are all in our homes all day including me, you and who else do you think also under lockdown?? DEVS!! Even then they are not only trying to fix the game as soon as possible by releasing pretty much daily updates from their homes, also they are actually reading this forum and responding to include us into the development even if they don't have such an obligation at all, for example after no man's sky's disastrous ''full'' release devs disappeared for three months without responding nor announcing a damn thing and vast majority of people who bought or planning to buy the game will never ever read this forum even once so it doesn't matter what the heck is written here in terms of marketing!! But even then there are so many people trying to exploit this friendly environment by constantly complaining that it got so ridiculous i can't even call some of them (Like the one who claims devs are lying in patch notes up there) complaining anymore rather it is downright trolling!! So im really glad to see banned tag more often as nobody has to take these temper tantrums of acting like seven years olds and even if Devs are willing to tolerate it, i don't due they are making the forum extremely annoying to read and greatly reducing our chance of any meaningful contribution!! Im not saying you are exactly one of them but sadly there are too many of them for sure...

Last edited:
Yeah man people need to chill out, there is a certain amount of feedback thats great but when the same things keep getting brought up over and over again and the devs already know about it than it's just counter productive. People need to let them just do their thing and quit stressin the staff out lol
Problem is, people act like the incomplete perks system is the biggest problem of the game but as soon as it gets fully implemented it will just be 'wasting time with balancing and minor tweaks'.

As you say, feedback is great. You just need to ignore the importance of it...

Can you elaborate some more on this point? In what way is home settlement an important variable? Does it impact the Caravan pathing decision making process?

For example if you form your caravan at Makeb and if you make a graph collecting its positions in all its travels you will see distribution will be something like this :
EvsFN.png

I know this is not enough to protect your caravans 100% and people want more micromanagement but it has no priority currently but we are collecting what are wanted for future. You can use above data for now.

For example if you form your caravan at Makeb and if you make a graph collecting its positions in all its travels you will see distribution will be something like this :
EvsFN.png

I know this is not enough to protect your caravans 100% and people want more micromanagement but it has no priority currently but we are collecting what are wanted for future. You can use above data for now.
So is this a "danger zone" so to speak? So if I were to pick a city in Vlandia, somewhere remote then the graph would be inverted? - i.e. least danger near the city and growing outward?

So is this a "danger zone" so to speak? So if I were to pick a city in Vlandia, somewhere remote then the graph would be inverted? - i.e. least danger near the city and growing outward?
its a graph of your caravan's positions, it spends 40% of its time in the smaller circle, 40% in the medium one and 20% in the larger one (i'm guessing) also i don't think its related to danger.
They tend to stay closer to the city you spawn them in.

I'm not expecting more dialogue options any time soon to be honest. I expected them on early access release. I expected the game to be closer to what warband was and if they held certaing things to keep the game fresh, those things weren't things that were already in the previous game.

I really hope you're right and devolpment speeds up and they deliver the truly masterful game Bannerlord could be.

Well even in Mexico’s post he points out that “new lords” are gonna be a thing and so they aren’t fully implementing other systems/ratios/tendencies until after that happens. Some of the “generic” talking points are put in right now due to this game not using the same named Lords indefinitely like in Warband. It’ll shift and change.

So if we know there are gobs of features and systems yet to be implemented that would have a direct effect on other things (such as dialog) then it’s safe to say it’s, in the very least, not in its final state.

its a graph of your caravan's positions, it spends 40% of its time in the smaller circle, 40% in the medium one and 20% in the larger one (i'm guessing) also i don't think its related to danger.
They tend to stay closer to the city you spawn them in.
Ah, I see! Thank you for clarifying, I completely misinterpreted that one. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom