[Dev responds] No patch for 2 days

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope they've taken into consideration what everyone said and they're working on something rather than changing values and balancing. In my opinion, I think they should focus on finishing all the perks first, and then maybe add a way that prevents all lords from having 75% of their army consisting of recruits/lords escaping captivity/coming back to the battlefield instantly.

Thoughts?

For 3-4 days I worked on lords to have better tier troops. It will be at beta branch 2-3 days later with other developments :

Here is latest situation after developments, as you see tier1 / tier2 troops are generally 25%+20% = 45% of all troops. It was 45%+25% = 70% before. Also now NPC lords will be visiting settlements & recruting more to fill their party size (more compared current version). Previously they were going enemy lands more frequently with less men (currently using 60% of their party size in average with additions this ratio will rise 80%). Also if they have lots of wounded troops they now go settlement and rest more. Armies will care their food more (they were dying because of starving much and their food management is a bit developed). Sally out exploit (if you lay siege with neutral army thing) will be gone. You will not be able to change troops of villagers / caravans / militias with donate troops option. NPC lords will make better economical management, if they are rich they will recruit more and increase party / garrison sizes (this was already at game but developed). All these improvements will be at beta branch soon (2-3 days).

after developments :

WhA8J.png

before developments :

WlC7G.png

Also decreased lords escaping probability by 25% / 50% (from mobile party / from settlement). This will be later decreased more when replacement heroes are added to game. Currently it is risky to reduce very much because replacements are not added and some clans only have 1-2 lords. This addition (slightly decreased escaping probability) will be at beta too 2-3 days later.

Also you will be able to hire a caravan including better troops with 50% expensive initial cost and daily wage. However party size will stay at 30. Later new perks will be added giving +5 size to player caravans. I tested latest situation in lots of different save games and still caravans are very good value and travel with very low risk in most cases. I think we lost lots of time discussing this 30 thing. It was something needed and minor compared to other issues. People overreacted it before testing / playing enough.

Last edited:
For 3-4 days I worked on lords to have better tier troops. It will be at beta branch 2-3 days later.

Here is latest situation after developments, as you see tier1 / tier2 troops are generally 25%+20% = 45% of all troops. It was 45%+25% = 70% before. Also now NPC lords are recrutinig more to fill their party size. Previously they were going enemy lands more frequently with less men. Also if they have lots of wounded troops they now go settlement and rest more. All these will be at beta branch soon.

WhA8J.png

Also decreased lords escaping probability by 25% / 50% (from mobile party / from settlement). This will be later decreased more when replacement heroes are added to game. Currently it is risky to reduce very much because replacements are not added and some clans only have 1-2 lords. This addition (slightly decreased escaping probability) will be at beta too 2-3 days later.

Also you will be able to hire a caravan including better troops with 50% expensive initial cost and daily wage. However party size will stay at 30. Later new perks will be added giving +5 size. I tested latest situation in lots of different save games and still caravans are very good value in most cases. I think we lost lots of time discussing this 30 thing. It was something needed. People overreacted it before testing / playing enough.
That sounds like a step in the right direction thanks, mexxico

I hope they've taken into consideration what everyone said and they're working on something rather than changing values and balancing. In my opinion, I think they should focus on finishing all the perks first, and then maybe add a way that prevents all lords from having 75% of their army consisting of recruits/lords escaping captivity/coming back to the battlefield instantly.

Thoughts?
a patch just came an hour ago

For 3-4 days I worked on lords to have better tier troops. It will be at beta branch 2-3 days later.

Here is latest situation after developments, as you see tier1 / tier2 troops are generally 25%+20% = 45% of all troops. It was 45%+25% = 70% before. Also now NPC lords will be visiting settlements & recruting more to fill their party size (more compared current version). Previously they were going enemy lands more frequently with less men (using 60-70% of their party size in average with additions this ratio will be 70-80%). Also if they have lots of wounded troops they now go settlement and rest more. Armies will care their food more. Sally out exploit (if you lay siege with neutral army thing) will be gone. You will not be able to change troops of villagers / caravans / militias with donate troops option. NPC lords will make better economical management, if they are rich they will recruit more and increase party / garrison sizes (this was already at game but developed). All these improvements will be at beta branch soon (2-3 days).

WhA8J.png

Also you will be able to hire a caravan including better troops with 50% expensive initial cost and daily wage. However party size will stay at 30. Later new perks will be added giving +5 size to player caravans. I tested latest situation in lots of different save games and still caravans are very good value and travel with very low risk in most cases. I think we lost lots of time discussing this 30 thing. It was something needed and minor compared to other issues. People overreacted it before testing / playing enough.

Thank you. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Here is latest situation after developments, as you see tier1 / tier2 troops are generally 25%+20% = 45% of all troops. It was 45%+25% = 70% before. Also now NPC lords will be visiting settlements & recruting more to fill their party size (more compared current version). Previously they were going enemy lands more frequently with less men (using 60-70% of their party size in average with additions this ratio will be 70-80%). Also if they have lots of wounded troops they now go settlement and rest more. Armies will care their food more. Sally out exploit (if you lay siege with neutral army thing) will be gone. You will not be able to change troops of villagers / caravans / militias with donate troops option. NPC lords will make better economical management, if they are rich they will recruit more and increase party / garrison sizes (this was already at game but developed). All these improvements will be at beta branch soon (2-3 days).

WhA8J.png

caravans are doing ok steppe bandits man the steppe bandits the khuzait is a no caravan zone not mekab but the one behind the mountin more east the 4 cities there are a no caravan zone due to steppe bandits

caravans are doing ok steppe bandits man the steppe bandits the khuzait is a no caravan zone not mekab but the one behind the mountin more east the 4 cities there are a no caravan zone due to steppe bandits

I haven't seen this, but it sounds great to have some variable "danger zones" where some places are more dangerous than others. But I guess it's not so good atm, because we have no control over which regions our caravans travel to.

@mexxico thank you for taking time to give us some feedback too!

I haven't seen this, but it sounds great to have some variable "danger zones" where some places are more dangerous than others. But I guess it's not so good atm, because we have no control over which regions our caravans travel to.

@mexxico thank you for taking time to give us some feedback too!

Actually home settlement is very important variable for this problem. You can select home settlement according to possible risks. For now thats all you can do later more options can be added.

WhA8J.png

Wow, amazing job. Glad this is getting worked on. In my experience with caravans after the patch, they were still a good investment and I was generating 700-1000 denars per day off it. It didn't get attacked as much as I expected, and I was able to eventually profit. I don't know about other people but that was my situation so I didn't really understand what the fuss was about.

I'm happy that the devs are reading feedback even though the initial post came across as bashing. Keep up the great work, I can't wait to test out these new changes to the AI Lord.

For 3-4 days I worked on lords to have better tier troops. It will be at beta branch 2-3 days later with other developments :

Here is latest situation after developments, as you see tier1 / tier2 troops are generally 25%+20% = 45% of all troops. It was 45%+25% = 70% before. Also now NPC lords will be visiting settlements & recruting more to fill their party size (more compared current version). Previously they were going enemy lands more frequently with less men (using 60-70% of their party size in average with additions this ratio will be 70-80%). Also if they have lots of wounded troops they now go settlement and rest more. Armies will care their food more (they were dying because of starving much and their food management is a bit developed). Sally out exploit (if you lay siege with neutral army thing) will be gone. You will not be able to change troops of villagers / caravans / militias with donate troops option. NPC lords will make better economical management, if they are rich they will recruit more and increase party / garrison sizes (this was already at game but developed). All these improvements will be at beta branch soon (2-3 days).

WhA8J.png

I just made a thread talking about the abundance of recruits so I´m extremely happy to see that it will change in an upcoming patch. Thanks!

Here is latest situation after developments, as you see tier1 / tier2 troops are generally 25%+20% = 45% of all troops. It was 45%+25% = 70% before. Also now NPC lords will be visiting settlements & recruting more to fill their party size (more compared current version). Previously they were going enemy lands more frequently with less men (currently using 60% of their party size in average with additions this ratio will rise 80%). Also if they have lots of wounded troops they now go settlement and rest more. Armies will care their food more (they were dying because of starving much and their food management is a bit developed). Sally out exploit (if you lay siege with neutral army thing) will be gone. You will not be able to change troops of villagers / caravans / militias with donate troops option. NPC lords will make better economical management, if they are rich they will recruit more and increase party / garrison sizes (this was already at game but developed). All these improvements will be at beta branch soon (2-3 days).

WhA8J.png

Thanks, that all sounds great and I appreciate the hard work! Thank you for communicating your direction, but don't feel like you owe us any more time explaining than you want to.

To any user who feels the patching process is too slow, and you are entitled to developer time being spent talking with you, I hope your horse gets lamed.

WhA8J.png

Should you not put this kind of information in devblogs now and moving forward?

Well, I'll be damned, I'm unbelievably excited for this patch now! I understand you guys are working hard, but you constantly give the wrong idea when putting out half-assed products without further clarification or explanation of future additions.

Quick few questions though.

Will this mean that armies will be able to properly sustain themselves when reaching over 1000 units?
Right now raiding villages with large armies takes way too much time with very little gain and the AI would never prepare food when going on a campaign, so I see these large armies trying to sustain themselves going village after village as opposed to properly sieging. I hope this is the case if garrisons are going to increase because it seems only smaller armies get stuff done by the AI.

Will we see army cooperation soon?
Too many times different armies of the same faction will not bother relieving a siege because individually they deduce they cannot stand against the enemy, so they choose different objectives like going to raid despite having more than enough force to defeat the enemy if they work together. The same applies to the player. Example: I would be set upon by an army while siegeing/raiding, defeat it, then half a day later another army shows up, defeat it... rinse and repeat. If they worked together though they would've completely destroyed me.

Back
Top Bottom