[Dev responds] No patch for 2 days

Users who are viewing this thread

So why is everything getting tweaked eventhough this game is lacking features? Do you guys like prolonging development, while doing sisyphean tasks? How about you curb out all fundamental features needed first then think about tweaking the game as a whole or... is it just that. After 8 years this is all you have to show and you guys never had anything other planned than this what you released as EA?

@mexxico: please, could you explain an ignorant like me how was it possible that such massive problem passed the testing that you surely did internally?
I mean, some of this stuff can be seen just by playing the game for a few minutes.
I was under the impression that EA is needed to fix the little things that only a large number of player/customers/testers can find, how come are we discussing balancing (or implementing) of main features and core mechanics?

It's just a question, take it as is....

Everytime they write in their patch notes "fixed rare crash" that is just a filler to misguide us into thinking they actually did something. It is so rare we wouldn't be able to reproduce this "rare crash".
A rare crash shouldn't even be important at this point. All I see in this game is a beautifully painted hollow shell of Warband. Just skin and bones. There is no meat. And while they are cooking this in their teflon pan of their so called studio, I am asking myself what is there to nurish myself on.

Everytime they write in their patch notes "fixed rare crash" that is just a filler to misguide us into thinking they actually did something. It is so rare we wouldn't be able to reproduce this "rare crash".
A rare crash shouldn't even be important at this point. All I see in this game is a beautifully painted hollow shell of Warband. Just skin and bones. There is no meat. And while they are cooking this in their teflon pan of their so called studio, I am asking myself what is there to nurish myself on.
giphy.gif

oh wow! this developing game is not developing like the ficton I wrote in my head, what a perplexing mystery this is,lemme crawl out of this toxic pit and grab my pitchfork real quick, so people can learn to schedule their time to fit my delusions

[to think bad thoughts you commit a sin, but most of the times you are right].....it's a really true citation I'm afraid:smile:
Anybody with a minumum manager background can see the pattern from far away....

I totally agree with Mofaji, I also had the impression of a beautiful shell with not much inside. Warband was maybe not as beautiful, but surely it was way deeper.

It's just a question, take it as is....
Balancing: Various aspects of the game may be poorly balanced. Parts of the game may be too easy or too hard.
Singleplayer Features: Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management.

[to think bad thoughts you commit a sin, but most of the times you are right].....it's a really true citation I'm afraid:smile:

I totally agree with Mofaji, I also had the impression of a beautiful shell with not much inside. Warband was maybe not as beautiful, but surely it was way deeper.
That was more of a response to the whole "they aren't fixing anything" conspiracy on his part. Crashes are being fixed, want to know how I know? - game stopped crashing from many, including me, and will do so for many others in the weeks to come.

Its been only around 20 days since launch and the devs have been giving regular updates almost every day and even gave a hotfix within hours after game breaking update. They are atleast trying to listen and solve/ balance all the problems. There are many EA games where devs don't bother listening to players and do what they want. Its not the case here. Give them some time, I am sure they are simultaneously working on the bigger updates also but they can't be rolled out immediately otherwise they would have launched a full game and not early access.

Just curious, why was Warband deeper?

Just curious, why was Warband deeper?

For example lord personalities had a bigger part in the game then now, for recruiting them, getting them to follow you etc.
Or the whole courting experience, in Warband you needed to pick the right lord with the right daughter for the kind of game you are playing, then start oiling the wheels with the Lord in question, court the lady, maybe elope if you wanted, etc...
Now I just spawned as a scrub and bought my wife FROM A RULER and it was only RNG I got her (plus the money).

It seems to me that many mechanics have been "simplified", in Warband I was having my own kingdom at around day 1000 just for comparison:smile:

Some may say it is EA, I say that main features had to be in already and in EA we only had to find missing line of text or little mistakes, subtle stuff.

For example lord personalities had a bigger part in the game then now, for recruiting them, getting them to follow you etc.
Or the whole courting experience, in Warband you needed to pick the right lord with the right daughter for the kind of game you are playing, then start oiling the wheels with the Lord in question, court the lady, maybe elope if you wanted, etc...
Now I just spawned as a scrub and bought my wife FROM A RULER and it was only RNG I got her (plus the money).

It seems to me that many mechanics have been "simplified", in Warband I was having my own kingdom at around day 1000 just for comparison:smile:

Some may say it is EA, I say that main features had to be in already and in EA we only had to find missing line of text or little mistakes, subtle stuff.
"Singleplayer Features: Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management."
"Balancing: Various aspects of the game may be poorly balanced. Parts of the game may be too easy or too hard. "
read.

You complain the game lacks depth, yet you mentioned 2 very minor balance changes (giving lords more diverse traits and giving traits more pronounced effects, and making getting marriage approval harder). Are you serious?

"Singleplayer Features: Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management."
"Balancing: Various aspects of the game may be poorly balanced. Parts of the game may be too easy or too hard. "
read.

no point you are referring to developer explanation of what to expect from early access

this fella already decided in his head this is the defination of early access for him,quote;" I say that main features had to be in already and in EA we only had to find missing line of text or little mistakes, subtle stuff"

so for normal people with capable of reading early access means;game in development we can access so speed up the testing process
for some people; missing text and stuff

Lets be honest, after 8 years we expected more dialogue options, not less than warband. And it's not like warband had huge amounts of dialogue options to begin with. A single person writing dialogues for 8 years, hell even 4 years, could've produced an insane amount of variety in dialogues and quests which would make the game so much more living and immersive. Instead we have lackluster copypasta from warband.

The thing is, through the dev blogs they've been putting out weekly this past years, one had the impression that stuff was actually a lot more finished than what it is. Take sieges for instance, 3 years back they showcased siege defense and offense and it looked great. You play one siege now and you realize it's buggy, the AI behaves stupidly and there are tons of issues with it. How did that happen? One expects progress after so many years, not the opposite. I think most of the fanbase that complains and is pissed comes from that: the expectations were higher because of all the time it took.

I'm seriously concerned this game will either stay in EA for many more years or be very lacking in its finished form, much like warband was upon release unfortunately. I really hope I'm wrong and they pull some beautiful updates in the coming weeks/months and shut my mouth.

no point you are referring to developer explanation of what to expect from early access

this fella already decided in his head this is the defination of early access for him,quote;" I say that main features had to be in already and in EA we only had to find missing line of text or little mistakes, subtle stuff"

so for normal people with capable of reading early access means;game in development we can access so speed up the testing process
for some people; missing text and stuff
you're 100% right but sometimes i cant help it

Lets be honest, after 8 years we expected more dialogue options, not less than warband. And it's not like warband had huge amounts of dialogue options to begin with. A single person writing dialogues for 8 years, hell even 4 years, could've produced an insane amount of variety in dialogues and quests which would make the game so much more living and immersive. Instead we have lackluster copypasta from warband.

The thing is, through the dev blogs they've been putting out weekly this past years, one had the impression that stuff was actually a lot more finished than what it is. Take sieges for instance, 3 years back they showcased siege defense and offense and it looked great. You play one siege now and you realize it's buggy, the AI behaves stupidly and there are tons of issues with it. How did that happen? One expects progress after so many years, not the opposite. I think most of the fanbase that complains and is pissed comes from that: the expectations were higher because of all the time it took.

I'm seriously concerned this game will either stay in EA for many more years or be very lacking in its finished form, much like warband was upon release unfortunately. I really hope I'm wrong and they pull some beautiful updates in the coming weeks/months and shut my mouth.
If I remember when I was looking through some of the code there was a lot of dialog that isn't currently active and also some additional lords/heroes I believe.
Give it some time, 8-10 years is average for a company to release a finished product (that usually still needs balancing upon release). Meanwhile these guys are busting ass, they've rebuilt their entire game engine a few times which usually involves scrapping pretty much everything and starting over on development.

Back
Top Bottom