[Dev responds] No patch for 2 days

Users who are viewing this thread

For 3-4 days I worked on lords to have better tier troops. It will be at beta branch 2-3 days later with other developments :

Here is latest situation after developments, as you see tier1 / tier2 troops are generally 25%+20% = 45% of all troops. It was 45%+25% = 70% before.

Was this by changing how the leadership perks (Raise the Meek etc) work, or by changing the AI?

Good job anyway

I hope they've taken into consideration what everyone said and they're working on something rather than changing values and balancing. In my opinion, I think they should focus on finishing all the perks first, and then maybe add a way that prevents all lords from having 75% of their army consisting of recruits/lords escaping captivity/coming back to the battlefield instantly.

Thoughts?
This did not age well...

You will not be able to change troops of villagers / caravans / militias with donate troops option.
@mexxico Hey, I don't know if you are aware, but you can use the "Inspect Troops" option for your caravan companion in the Go to Keep menu of a town to completely manage your caravan's troops if you talk to your companion. This includes removing all dedicated troops such as Caravan Guards and Armed Traders completely.

Also, are caravans recruiting replacement troops properly from towns when they don't have a full party? It seems like they won't recruit Armed Traders available in taverns. Only Mercenaries and Watchmen. Or the rate is just really slow.
Also you will be able to hire a caravan including better troops with 50% expensive initial cost and daily wage. However party size will stay at 30. Later new perks will be added giving +5 size to player caravans.
That's great! You guys are awesome!

Yeah, anyone should communicate with dev and suggest them reduce mounted bandit speed a little bit.
It is also bandit plague problem of Khergit and Sarranid in Warband.
I think there should be places that are rougher for caravans to go. The thing I'd like to do is have more control over your caravans and set up no-go zones.

@mexxico

Have you considered giving Lords an ability similar to players hiring mercs to where they can can get an “elite” retinue from their capitol every month or so? This would make faction leaders not only scary, if you knew Sturgia was actually coming at you with their hard to come by HeavyCav, but honestly put them close to player since, as I said, you can already hire mercs that it seems AI can’t.

I think it would be a neat feature!!

@mexxico

Have you considered giving Lords an ability similar to players hiring mercs to where they can can get an “elite” retinue from their capitol every month or so? This would make faction leaders not only scary, if you knew Sturgia was actually coming at you with their hard to come by HeavyCav, but honestly put them close to player since, as I said, you can already hire mercs that it seems AI can’t.

I think it would be a neat feature!!
The AI do hire mercs as well, but I like the idea of elite troops. I would say to go further and add household troops to the more powerful clans(5+) that supply their army occasionally or in mass.

For 3-4 days I worked on lords to have better tier troops. It will be at beta branch 2-3 days later with other developments :

Here is latest situation after developments, as you see tier1 / tier2 troops are generally 25%+20% = 45% of all troops. It was 45%+25% = 70% before. Also now NPC lords will be visiting settlements & recruting more to fill their party size (more compared current version). Previously they were going enemy lands more frequently with less men (currently using 60% of their party size in average with additions this ratio will rise 80%). Also if they have lots of wounded troops they now go settlement and rest more. Armies will care their food more (they were dying because of starving much and their food management is a bit developed). Sally out exploit (if you lay siege with neutral army thing) will be gone. You will not be able to change troops of villagers / caravans / militias with donate troops option. NPC lords will make better economical management, if they are rich they will recruit more and increase party / garrison sizes (this was already at game but developed). All these improvements will be at beta branch soon (2-3 days).

after developments :

WhA8J.png

before developments :

WlC7G.png

Also decreased lords escaping probability by 25% / 50% (from mobile party / from settlement). This will be later decreased more when replacement heroes are added to game. Currently it is risky to reduce very much because replacements are not added and some clans only have 1-2 lords. This addition (slightly decreased escaping probability) will be at beta too 2-3 days later.

Also you will be able to hire a caravan including better troops with 50% expensive initial cost and daily wage. However party size will stay at 30. Later new perks will be added giving +5 size to player caravans. I tested latest situation in lots of different save games and still caravans are very good value and travel with very low risk in most cases. I think we lost lots of time discussing this 30 thing. It was something needed and minor compared to other issues. People overreacted it before testing / playing enough.
Looks like a lot of work that coulda been fixed by a daily X number same troops training perk for the AI lords and player, that would also be something the players want in the game.
Pregnancy chance has been lowered.
I popped out number 7 and immediately got preggers with number 8. Did they change it from always to usually?
Taking a couched lance to the abdomen didn't help either.

Now people started to complain because there wasn't a patch during weekend and daily patches aren't big?? This is just ridiculous in another level, LMAO!!..
On the other hand soon nobody will be left who is taking this forum seriously...

Here is latest situation after developments, as you see tier1 / tier2 troops are generally 25%+20% = 45% of all troops. It was 45%+25% = 70% before. Also now NPC lords will be visiting settlements & recruting more to fill their party size (more compared current version). Previously they were going enemy lands more frequently with less men (currently using 60% of their party size in average with additions this ratio will rise 80%). Also if they have lots of wounded troops they now go settlement and rest more. Armies will care their food more (they were dying because of starving much and their food management is a bit developed). Sally out exploit (if you lay siege with neutral army thing) will be gone. You will not be able to change troops of villagers / caravans / militias with donate troops option. NPC lords will make better economical management, if they are rich they will recruit more and increase party / garrison sizes (this was already at game but developed). All these improvements will be at beta branch soon (2-3 days).

after developments :

WhA8J.png

before developments :

WlC7G.png

Also decreased lords escaping probability by 25% / 50% (from mobile party / from settlement). This will be later decreased more when replacement heroes are added to game. Currently it is risky to reduce very much because replacements are not added and some clans only have 1-2 lords. This addition (slightly decreased escaping probability) will be at beta too 2-3 days later.

Also you will be able to hire a caravan including better troops with 50% expensive initial cost and daily wage. However party size will stay at 30. Later new perks will be added giving +5 size to player caravans. I tested latest situation in lots of different save games and still caravans are very good value and travel with very low risk in most cases. I think we lost lots of time discussing this 30 thing. It was something needed and minor compared to other issues. People overreacted it before testing / playing enough.

Thank you so much!!!!! Great changes overall. Glad you take care of most of our concerns :smile:.

I'm as eager for new content as the next person but honestly I don't want the Devs to spend their weekends hammering out patches too. They're just people. I understand the first two weeks after release because there were lots of issues that needed to be addressed immediately and made the game unplayable, but now that it's mostly stable, I do think we shouldn't expect new patches on weekends too.

@mexxico I noticed that caravans run away from small bandit parties (4 looters are chasing 30 caravan troops), shouldn't it be the other way around? I wonder if that puts caravans in bigger danger than necessary, sometimes they'll get chased until they run into 2-3 more bandit parties and then things get nasty.

Now people started to complain because there wasn't a patch during weekend and daily patches aren't big?? This is just ridiculous in another level, LMAO!!..
On the other hand soon nobody will be left who is taking this forum seriously...
Hahaha it might've gone across as complaining but that wasn't my intention at all. in addition, this whole lockdown thing got me lost on time since we're all in our homes all day.

the 4 cities in question -- Baltakhand, Ortongard, Akalat, Odokh?
ya those have a higher capture chance for patrolling lords/caravans than any other place by alot
take only one of them and try to manage it and see how often the villagers lords caravans get rekt
steppe bandits in batlkahand north can roam all the way down to odokh and vise versa with over 20 potential hide out spots in between

after developments :

WhA8J.png

before developments :

WlC7G.png

This is all fine but will lords still get defeated and then come right back to attack you with a full stack a day or two later? again and again and again? That's all the end game seems to be at the moment, it's hard to deal with just given the sheer amount of armies they raise currently even if they're all recruits.

This is all fine but will lords still get defeated and then come right back to attack you with a full stack a day or two later? again and again and again? That's all the end game seems to be at the moment, it's hard to deal with just given the sheer amount of armies they raise currently even if they're all recruits.
i think he also mentioned number of lords that will be added hopefully once a decent amount added we will have the enable death to actually enable death to punish lords who just have a suicide wish

i think he also mentioned number of lords that will be added hopefully once a decent amount added we will have the enable death to actually enable death to punish lords who just have a suicide wish

I think there should be some sort of downside to losing a major battle and having all your men slaughtered, like you can't raise an army for some time after that. For players and npcs.

Back
Top Bottom