Dev hardcoded battlesize to 1024 in 1.5.4

Users who are viewing this thread

hakjimmy

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I didn't notice this until I been playing 1.5.4 with different mods on for a while.
At beginning ,I thought it was mods conflict or smth.And then ,I found this game is intended to be played at 1024 at maximum in 1.5.4 even with either bannerlord tweak mod or battlesizeunlocker on. I tried the bannerlord tweak battlesize tweak to 1300 and the old battlesize unlocker to 1394. Both don't work at all. And when I tried to play custom battle with battle size set to 1394 ,having battlesize unlocker enabled ,game started with 1024 units on initially and the rest of it came on battlefield as reinforcement.Not sure if this is intended , but I love to play this game on 1300-1400. It was fixed at 2048 units and I thought with specs like 3950x or 3990x someone would finally play this game with 2000 or more . Come on , remove the hardcoded limit I have the rts camera mod I really wanna play this game just like I play total war.

Meanwhile at Taleworlds company party

I present to you the craaabs

Last edited:
i cant reach over 300 sometimes 400 before i get stuttering when recording...Even stutters sometimes at 300 to but hey im not running an silicon valley computer either ^^ and i turned off the shadows, blur and bloom. even running razor just to get that 1% extra chance of not to :wink:
It wasnt stuttering for me before at 300 so idk if its the new lighting or something

Last edited:
I didn't notice this until I been playing 1.5.4 with different mods on for a while.
At beginning ,I thought it was mods conflict or smth.And then ,I found this game is intended to be played at 1024 at maximum in 1.5.4 even with either bannerlord tweak mod or battlesizeunlocker on. I tried the bannerlord tweak battlesize tweak to 1300 and the old battlesize unlocker to 1394. Both don't work at all. And when I tried to play custom battle with battle size set to 1394 ,having battlesize unlocker enabled ,game started with 1024 units on initially and the rest of it came on battlefield as reinforcement.Not sure if this is intended , but I love to play this game on 1300-1400. It was fixed at 2048 units and I thought with specs like 3950x or 3990x someone would finally play this game with 2000 or more . Come on , remove the hardcoded limit I have the rts camera mod I really wanna play this game just like I play total war.
wot about 10k, or 20k? some real s4it dowg

Really? I always got instant crashes when I set it above 1024, since horses are counted too.
Nope I must just be an idiot, it is locking at 1024. I could've sworn it worked earlier but I guess not. It's very strange that they would change this though, seems like there's no logic behind it.

Nope I must just be an idiot, it is locking at 1024. I could've sworn it worked earlier but I guess not. It's very strange that they would change this though, seems like there's no logic behind it.
For me it seemed to work with higher numbers at first but then would CTD shortly into the battle. It looked and felt epic, I don't expect the cap will ever be lifted though.

Back
Top Bottom