Dev Blog 3: Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 -1/15/17- CHANGELOG ADDED

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MitchyMatt said:
Anaconda Knights and Cobra Warriors

That just feels odd... Snake Cult is made of humans (it can clearly be seen on Priestesses, Snake Cult Followers and Armsmen), the faces of the ones showing in the picture seem to be undead... I know I shouldn't be speaking of this here but it came here. They were fine as of the last beta version (i dont know if im allowed to load here a screenshot for comparison), adding the undead face + revealing it with this new helm just feels wrong.

Gorvex said:
Wow, nice!!! :grin: They are looking awesome (and terrifying). I guess Dread Legion Infantry and Cobra Warriors? :smile:

Not surprised to see he called out Dread Legion.

Ralyks18 said:
That just feels odd... Snake Cult is made of humans (it can clearly be seen on Priestesses, Snake Cult Followers and Armsmen), the faces of the ones showing in the picture seem to be undead...
I kinda agree, always thought Cobra Warriors are humans, cause of their standard human voices, Anaconda Knights were the only ones who sound like demons...i guess that will change in 3.8 and Cobra Warriors become demons as well?

P.S. Forget it, i thought that Cobra Warriors are ones with open helmets, but then noticed different shields. Actually, Anaconda Knights were more terryfing with closed helmets, but thats just my opinion.

Ralyks18 said:
MitchyMatt said:
Anaconda Knights and Cobra Warriors

That just feels odd... Snake Cult is made of humans (it can clearly be seen on Priestesses, Snake Cult Followers and Armsmen), the faces of the ones showing in the picture seem to be undead... I know I shouldn't be speaking of this here but it came here. They were fine as of the last beta version (i dont know if im allowed to load here a screenshot for comparison), adding the undead face + revealing it with this new helm just feels wrong.

Gorvex said:
Wow, nice!!! :grin: They are looking awesome (and terrifying). I guess Dread Legion Infantry and Cobra Warriors? :smile:

:facepalm:
From POP WIKI:
Their most powerful cavalry are Anaconda Knights, inhuman warriors with skills and equipment on par with most knights of Pendor.
Snake Cult Armies introduce the inhuman Anaconda Knights, who are much more well-trained and equipped than Cobra Warriors. They are a match for any heavy cavalry you bring to the field.
It is not known if these horsemen are human or not. Whatever sounds they make, however, do not sound human at all.
So from now it is known.

salystoar said:
Ralyks18 said:
That just feels odd... Snake Cult is made of humans (it can clearly be seen on Priestesses, Snake Cult Followers and Armsmen), the faces of the ones showing in the picture seem to be undead...
I kinda agree, always thought Cobra Warriors are humans, cause of their standard human voices, Anaconda Knights were the only ones who sound like demons...i guess that will change in 3.8 and Cobra Warriors become demons as well?

P.S. Forget it, i thought that Cobra Warriors are ones with open helmets, but then noticed different shields. Actually, Anaconda Knights were more terryfing with closed helmets, but thats just my opinion.

Cobra warriors, upgraded from SC armsman, are human in nature who follow/worship the SC. They're still human.

Anaconda Knights are twisted abominations under Azi's rule and thumb. May not be the entire interpretation, but they have always had these "twisted" faces, we thought it be time to expose their terror. They we're always hidden under the old Fel Helmet.

They're not odd, you guys aren't used to seeing their faces that have always been that way. But don't assume the Cobra Wariors are inhuman when, clearly, their faces aren't shown.

Gorvex said:
That sounds cool, I'll be definitely looking forward to it! Thanks a lot in advance! :grin: And let me tell you, I quite like the submod that you compiled :smile:
I have a question though: I saw in the item_kinds.txt, that you haven't flagged the Blunt Steel Polehammer as a 'pike', therefore it can't be braced. May I ask why did you left it untouched? Should it remain like a normal polearm? Judging by its long, pointy end, it should be braceable imo: http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Blunt_Steel_Polehammer?file=Veteran_Polehammer.jpg
That's why I flagged it as a 'pike' for myself. I'm just unsure if it was a good decision or not, since you left this one out. The Ebony Gauntlet Hammers seemed to be just fine with it (I tested them on the neutral jatu army of ~250 from the quest "Befriend the Noldor". They braced for the initial Jatu cavalry charge, and hammered the rest to pieces :mrgreen:)
I may have just missed it or felt the reach was too short, as having a polearm of too low of a reach tends to make it unusable for bracing since you'll get hitstunned by the horse before your polearm can hit them. I'll have to have a look at it again. Thanks for spotting that.

MitchyMatt said:
I wouldn't mind seeing PoP introduce spear bracing, but if the AI doesn't know how to do it, I consider that a major exploit against the AI which is somewhat, unfair. Considering the PC can already use tactics to outsmart Warband AI.
This pike bracing is different from the one used in most mods by PBOD, as it's the same one from WFAS/NW. I wouldn't say it's exploitable as there's recovery time after a successful brace hit and you can't rotate too fast otherwise the pike goes up and you have to wait a moment for it to rebrace. The AI will use it if at least not in formation, I have seen them use bracing in formation before but I haven't consistently tested it. And by in formation I mean in advanced formations ie ranks, square, etc. It works fine in vanilla or WFAS formations.
There's also a module.ini setting for the multiplier of pike bracing specifically, so you could change that if you felt the brace damage was too high.

salystoar said:
Ralyks18 said:

They will have old helmet (matching new amour) as well.

Ralyks18 said:
Gorvex said:

The Dread Legion (with Maltise in the lead) and The Snake Cult are related, they both serve Azi Dahaka. Their faction color is the same too. So I don't see a problem why it is an odd thing if Anaconda Knights are not humans. Yeah, at first glance, I thought that they were Dread Legion Infantry, because I inmediately looked at the face only. Then I realised upon taking a closer look at their equipment:
I am not used to see the actual face of Anaconda Knights.
They always had that face (at least since I know Pendor), it was just hidden, as MitchyMatt said.

Plus, the original Anaconda Plate Armor was not that much distinguishable from other Knight's heavy armor (apart from the snake figures on the chest, and the green scales).  The new armor is way more distinguishable and unique, well done guys! (I guess it was 'k0nr@d' who made it). Let me tell you, I really like it! :grin:

Regarding Cobra Warriors:
k0nr@d said:
They will have old helmet (matching new amour) as well.
That's a solid look too imo. The helmet was made a little darker than the original, right? Because for some reason, it looks much better on the screenshot that you posted. Or maybe it just matches the new armor better. I can't tell :grin:

hoboistice said:
I may have just missed it or felt the reach was too short, as having a polearm of too low of a reach tends to make it unusable for bracing since you'll get hitstunned by the horse before your polearm can hit them. I'll have to have a look at it again. Thanks for spotting that.
@hoboistice: Yeah, the Blunt Steel Polehammer is among the shortest 2-handed polearms (165 reach). However, it's not that much shorter from the Ashwood Pike (170 reach), which you made braceable (and that is perfectly fine). By the way, I found only the Polehammer that stood out as a potential brace-able polearm, that wasn't enabled in your compilation.
Also, as I said, I saw the Ebony Gauntlet Hammers brace succesfully with them against the Jatu. Of course, there were casualties on my side too, due to it's shorter reach, resulting in the lancer hitting first. However there were times too, when the hammerers braced first. Maybe because the lancer missed, or was trying to hit someone else, I don't know.

Anyhow, the important thing is that the Ebony Gauntlet Hammers had at least a chance to stop (and dehorse) a cavalry charge with bracing, instead of just absorbing it (or poking) all the times, like a normal 2-hander divison would do. And that's the opportunity what an anti-cavalry unit should have over a 2-hander guy, at the cost of being worse in close quarters against infantry.

@Gorvex
Anacondas will have their current, fully enclosed helmet as well. It will match new armour better.

Cobra helmet is slightly different mesh wise and its colour is darker to match other green items in the game (possible matching sets with e.g. Clarion Call armour.

k0nr@d said:
@Gorvex
Anacondas will have their current, fully enclosed helmet as well. It will match new armour better.

Cobra helmet is slightly different mesh wise and its colour is darker to match other green items in the game (possible matching sets with e.g. Clarion Call armour.
Oh, I see. Honestly, I had nothing against the original anaconda helmet (Fel Great Helm), but nothing against the ones you showed either. They both look cool in my eyes. :razz: However you decide, please, just don't waste the amount of work you've put into that new, opened Anaconda Helmet :wink: If nothing else, maybe rework it a little, and give it to someone else. Maybe give it to Maltise, instead of the Eventide Helm with Cape, in order to give her a more unique look. Or maybe give it to Snake Cult Armsmen, since they are already good-armored in their Serpent Breastplate over Chainmail. I don't know... :???: Just don't waste that new helmet! :grin:

k0nr@d said:
snakes2.jpg

Well, they're pretty dread now and really asking for lance headstrike. I guess it'll be very satisfying to cleanse the land from this filth. Nicely done. Again :smile:

Personally, Cobra Warrior helmets did the most - very intimidating, body armor is very welcoming improvement of details to be on level with new armors and gives "evil" vibe, and open helmets of Knights add filthiness.

I personally think the new armour and helmet look amazing, and an open helmet for the undead/twsisted could be great for scare tactics :smile:
I think the only thing that seems odd to me is the length of their one handed swords but I doubt ill notice it that much in battle when they are all swinging
As always great work and thank you for making this mod :smile:

Decided to redo my previous Cobra Helmet and to remove, reported by some players, Mona Lisa / clown smile.

They are equipped with the same weapon as in 3.7063. And that is one and half sword.

I'm waiting for two things this year, Kingdom come deliverance and... Prophesy of pendor 3.8 !

Goob job guys ! Can't wait to see more :smile:

(by the way happy new year from France !)

What about Bannerlord ? It seem epic on a whole other level, you know ? next gen graphics & AI and gameplay I think.

Well obviously nothing can be made for a game that isn't released yet. To make PoP for Bannerlord would require a complete rewrite of all scripts, new models set up different ways, etc. Basically, nothing would be salvageable other than lore assets. That is to say, I have no idea if they'll do it or not, but it would be a far more arduous task than you might think.

daily_bs said:
What about Bannerlord ? It seem epic on a whole other level, you know ? next gen graphics & AI and gameplay I think.
I want to quote a post from SD(owner of the mod), which said PoP do have a plan for bannerlord, but fail to find it :sad:, anyway it would be better to wait for bannerlord's release first, at least I trust Pendor will have at least one version for bannerlord.

Epicrules said:
... Basically, nothing would be salvageable other than lore assets ...
Not entirely true, as for example POP 3.8 assets can be treated as a "concept art" for possible future releases. I used 3.611 in this way and it helped me a lot with 3.7-3.8, as the hardest part (for me - designing new things from scratch) was already done (more or less). You know how given item supposed to look, then add some detail to the mesh and texture (depends how much the new engine can handle) and job done.

We use less OSPs in 3.8, everything is more coherent, follow lore a bit better, so it should be a good base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom