Dev Blog 3: Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 -1/15/17- CHANGELOG ADDED

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, let's just remember that what makes PoP so great is the ultra-high level of quality, so the dev team should take as long as they feel is necessary to produce  a release that meets their standards. No pressure  :cool:

Removed the "silly" timer.

I'll remain silent as I don't want this to continue forever, even tho this constant poking from MM really disturbs me. I was blaming noone and you had to blame me for no reason.

Right now, because of things like these, I get demotivated to keep on working the wikia, even though now i have more spare time as the testing has concluded. I'm spending (now it feels wasting) my time to receive disdain not only from some players, but from devs. Adding the timer wasn't easy, i had to request it in community central to allow me to add a custom javascript to the wikia, then create the timer and implement it in the frontpage so that the time does a countdown.

"I hope the community is giving you the credit you deserve for your hard work." - Someone sent me this today, later on I received this:

Lord-Latis said:
it was just kind of misunderstanding from wiki manager
MitchyMatt said:
You are responsible.

Probably would have been better to ask us when to post it. Now it looks silly.

For this I'd like to add something: I did ask and i had support from a dev once there was a timeline.

@EpyonComet, thank you very much for that compliment, but im kinda depressed atm.

I hope when I wake up tomorrow I feel at least a bit better, else im resigning to update nor help out anymore with the wikia. My most sincere apologies for those who use it and the few that have been grateful for the work I've done if i end up resigning. I've tried to stay positive in the wikia, solving all the doubts and questions players were asking there whilst adding new stuff to the wikia, all with a smile in my face.

It is not that sometimes I do not feel been grateful by the players for the changes and updates in the wikia, but I have to bear their reproaches...

@devs, how'd you feel if this fanbase instead of being supportive and encouraging was poisonous and unpleasant. How'd you guys feel if they didn't bother or directly grumble for all the hard work done on this last release, would you guys feel motivated to continue modding?

Ralyks18 said:

I'll remain silent as I don't want this to continue forever, even tho this constant poking from MM really disturbs me. I was blaming noone and you had to blame me for no reason.

Right now, because of things like these, I get demotivated to keep on working the wikia, even though now i have more spare time as the testing has concluded. I'm spending (now it feels wasting) my time to receive disdain not only from some players, but from devs. Adding the timer wasn't easy, i had to request it in community central to allow me to add a custom javascript to the wikia, then create the timer and implement it in the frontpage so that the time does a countdown.

"I hope the community is giving you the credit you deserve for your hard work." - Someone sent me this today, later on I received this:

Lord-Latis said:
MitchyMatt said:
You are responsible.

For this I'd like to add something: I did ask and i had support from a dev once there was a timeline.

@EpyonComet, thank you very much for that compliment, but im kinda depressed atm.

I hope when I wake up tomorrow I feel at least a bit better, else im resigning to update nor help out anymore with the wikia. My most sincere apologies for those who use it and the few that have been grateful for the work I've done if i end up resigning. I've tried to stay positive in the wikia, solving all the doubts and questions players were asking there whilst adding new stuff to the wikia, all with a smile in my face.

It is not that sometimes I do not feel been grateful by the players for the changes and updates in the wikia, but I have to bear their reproaches...

@devs, how'd you feel if this fanbase instead of being supportive and encouraging was poisonous and unpleasant. How'd you guys feel if they didn't bother or directly grumble for all the hard work done on this last release, would you guys feel motivated to continue modding?

I for one appreciate the professional appearance of the wiki. Its very thorough and had been incredibly helpful through all my pendor runs over the past 5 years. Im sorry a bunch of foolish children are bashing you because they cant get what they want RIGHT NOW. Pretty bratty children. Especially considering all the hard work that you and the devs have done for FREE. Those who have complained are very ungrateful. I for one and very appreciative and have been a big time lurker over the past 5 years. I enjoyed the lord less run, the mettenheim run and all of the mods responses. I particularly miss bob the knight, where the heck has he been hiding, but he always provides great information. Please continue to work on the wiki, its an incredible resource and your efforts are greatly appreciated by the mature POP players.

P.S. I am not 12 years old.

Pretty sure he was complaining about backlash from devs not players... sorry to be a **** but this ain't the place for your problems with you and the devs.. this thread is for updates to do with the new update right?

I'm sure all devs and players appreciate your hard work on the wiki, I know I do!

Good luck and I hope you feel better about things soon and keep the wiki up to date and such  :mrgreen: :party:

I guess that's why the thing called "certain release date" exists...helps to avoid situations like this one with the PoP wiki and disappointment after another delay in releasing the mod...

Ralyks18 said:

Lord-Latis said:
MitchyMatt said:
You are responsible.

Had to make account to have my opinion. I am kinda of a lonewolf, I've been here since this mod got ported to Warband and I've always been having my eye on this mod and of course spent countless hours playing.

Though, after seeing this post, this made me kinda sad because I've always enjoyed the Wikia reading material and seeing that there are some ungreatful people for work you've done for wikia that's just simply dumb. I can't imagine the time you've spent helping wikia. But I never knew that there are even in PoP "some" devs that can be ungreatful, too. That actually shocked me...

But in your case, simply ignore the negative and look for positive. Ignore the ungreatful people up there, I wouldn't mind them.

Just do what you do and please continue your work with wikia.

Decius II said:
Pretty sure he was complaining about backlash from devs not players...

from both now..

Decius II said:
sorry to be a **** but this ain't the place for your problems with you and the devs..

agreed, but it was started here, so I felt i had to reply here, sry :/

thanks for the support, but like he said, this is not the right place. its all coming from a depression im suffering since the moment my dad died two and a half days ago of lung cancer. ive been very sensitive since then and these reproaches just hurt me way more now than what they should do.

it feels like im overreacting, and i probably am, when i feel better ill re-read it and probably have a laugh about it. i know you guys don't know me and probably don't care about my problems, but im in a strange cycle of anger, sadness and personal-hate which i hope i can be released of soon. apologies for this drama i made on this thread..

stay cool guys

salystoar said:
I guess that's why the thing called "certain release date" exists...helps to avoid situations like this one with the PoP wiki and disappointment after another delay in releasing the mod...

Would you rather like
A. Receiving the mod that has been rushed to finale, just to save that one day and to make the upload on time
or
B. Having the possibility that devs actually have the finished update but wont upload it, just to make the upload on promised date

I personally think that it`s just perfect, for free project, that the devs takes exactly so much time, as they need to perfect the mod.
And in a sense, i`m happy for everyday that the mod is supposedly delayed, for it`s apparent that the devs are putting their best effort in the mod and are working hard to catch that one last bug, or to add to awesomeness of the mod by adding the last lore detail. Furthermore, this is`not a game on which you will spend a hour or two, i know that i will spend a plenty of time, So it`s especially satisfying that the devs are making sure that, i and rest of the players, will enjoy every moment of it. So best regards to the Team responsible for the Prophesy of Pendor!:smile:

And Ralyks18, Prophesy of Pendor Wikia is helpful, very well made page. It a pity if you feel that your work is not appreciated. It`s wonderful that you commit your free time for guiding the majority of players now and then. It can be a real pain in the ass to ruin your game-play because not being able to find some info on KO or spawns or lord.!:smile:

I 100% know where you're coming from bro, when **** gets bad, every small thing feels like the biggest slap in the face. Really sorry to hear that bro, can't imagine how you're feeling right now.. if you need somebody to vent to, hit me up with a private message and we can talk. Otherwise you have my condolences. Life will be **** for a while but you'll pull through!  :smile:

This is the last of this entire conversation.

The drama will now cease and the thread will operate normally after this post:

1. Ralyks, no one said your work on the wiki was underappreciated. Stop.

2. Ralyks, no one, and I mean no one, is mad about anything you did or have done, if you think that, you need to reevaluate what you read over the internet. Stop thinking people are out to get you.

3. When I say we don't officially support the wiki, it's in the sense that we don't moderate, edit, delegate, or mess with on a development scale as an official team. It's a community project run by fans. If people have problems, I want them to use the wiki.

4. If people think I'm being a "bad person," well you're silly. Stop perpetuating this stupid drama.

5. You put that timer up on your own free will and when people are basing the release off it and coming here confused, it affects me as a moderator. I don't care that you put it up, I don't care what you went through to get it on the wiki. I care about misinformation about fans I have to moderate about release. I need to make sure people aren't sitting around getting the wrong idea about the availability of the mod. Take responsibility for posting the timer, no one is saying you're an idiot. It's just silly you're blowing this up for -no reason-.

Next time, let the information and release time about the mod come from our official development team. We're responsible for it. You stick to your guns and edit the wiki as great as you have.

Anymore posts can be PMed to me where I'll deal with it privately. For now it stops here. More posts about this will get deleted  :facepalm:.

Thanks

MM

Ralyks18 said:
Decius II said:
Pretty sure he was complaining about backlash from devs not players...

from both now..

Decius II said:
sorry to be a **** but this ain't the place for your problems with you and the devs..

agreed, but it was started here, so I felt i had to reply here, sry :/

thanks for the support, but like he said, this is not the right place. its all coming from a depression im suffering since the moment my dad died two and a half days ago of lung cancer. ive been very sensitive since then and these reproaches just hurt me way more now than what they should do.

it feels like im overreacting, and i probably am, when i feel better ill re-read it and probably have a laugh about it. i know you guys don't know me and probably don't care about my problems, but im in a strange cycle of anger, sadness and personal-hate which i hope i can be released of soon. apologies for this drama i made on this thread..

stay cool guys

damn dude thats horrible. Im sorry. Hope you and your family are ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom