Dev Blog 23/05/19

Rhugar

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
Sumi_Nova said:
What the ****? We already learned of this **** 2 years ago from captain mode videos. Why repost the same **** in text format? No mention of any improvements to the videos shown 2 years ago? No video gameplay?
+1

I actually laughed out loud. All hyped up hoping for something cool or new in the dev blogs, maybe even some gameplay (imagine that!). And then it's this.
 

FBohler

Knight
WBNWWF&S
Best answers
0
This one is amongst the worst blogs ever.

Totally old stuff, bad screenshot, uninspired text.

It's a bit depressing tbh.

:dead:
 
Best answers
0
Seleucid said:
Maybe it would be a good idea to stop making dev blogs so there is less of a community outrage because this is likely by far the worst dev blog: it is obvious you don't have anything to say. If you anger the community you run the risk of retaliations such as large scale piracy and just because people generally like Taleworlds doesn't mean that will last forever.
Exactly. This Blog is barely any new information. Captain Mode was like your main thing of 2017. It's the part of the game we know the best, we are well informed about it. To say it in a harsh way: It is a boring blog post. Guys listen. You're great developers. Regarding your actual "craft", I am certain that you know what you're doing. I won't ***** about the release date. Take your time. I won't accuse you of being bad developers, because you cut content. Cutting content is a normal process during development. You guys have passion for your work, we see it and we love it. But honestly: You guys have no clue about marketing. That's my biggest point of criticism. You obviously don't know what kind of information we want to hear. Get yourselves a consultant. And don't take this as an "order". It is a well-meant advice.
 

MadVader

Duke
M&BWB
Best answers
0
So, MP beta intensifies. Good for them, but not interesting to us SP people. I hope they all ragequit and teamkill and whatever MP people like to do. :evil:

The next blog is bound to be much more interesting, as it's about the campaign team that works on the SP meat of the game.
Just please stop doing these insubstantial interview questions like what was most fun or what did you have for breakfast. We need hard info on new features.
I'm not going to bother and post my questions as they'll be ignored as too substantial or something.
 

DevilDog

Recruit
Best answers
0
Here’s my question: if you are going into MP beta soon will SP be a part of that?

Follow up question: if SP is done or at a beta stage why not roll it out before MP? That way you guys could make some seriously good cash flow and make a great MP product in the process  :grin:


Better butter up
 

MadVader

Duke
M&BWB
Best answers
0
DevilDog said:
Here’s my question: if you are going into MP beta soon will SP be a part of that?
This is not hard to figure out even without the internet.
And no, SP is not done yet, that's what all these delays are about.
 

Insider

Squire
Best answers
0
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
DevilDog said:
Here’s my question: if you are going into MP beta soon will SP be a part of that?
This is not hard to figure out even without the internet.
And no, SP is not done yet, that's what all these delays are about.
Callum said on Discord like an hour ago that SP is the game mode that needs more work, and that no game mode is fully finished

Actual quote: "no part is entirely finished, everything is being worked on still and improved. SP still probably has most work to be done on it though"
 

MadVader

Duke
M&BWB
Best answers
0
Insider said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
DevilDog said:
Here’s my question: if you are going into MP beta soon will SP be a part of that?
This is not hard to figure out even without the internet.
And no, SP is not done yet, that's what all these delays are about.
Callum said on Discord like an hour ago that SP is the game mode that needs more work, and that no game mode is fully finished
I wouldn't call SP a "mode", it's the bulk of the game. MP is basically a feature that uses very limited SP functionality.
They could wrap up MP in a month if they wanted to. Unless their formations and bot AI need more work, since they are used in the Captain mode.
Insider said:
Actual quote: "no part is entirely finished, everything is being worked on still and improved. SP still probably has most work to be done on it though"
Vague pronouncements are the best.
 

SenorZorros

Squire
Best answers
0
Nox_Tenebris said:
Im going to hijack this blog to put out some idea to make castles more useful. If another army can march straight to another faction's city and take it, then what is even a point of a castle? To just be there?

The little amount of medieval knowledge I posses tells me that castles/forts were used to scout enemy movement, to host a lord's family, to stand as a border between an invading army and the faction, to harass enemy armies by attacking their forager parties/scouts and so on.

Imagine this: Canada and the US go to war. Canada launches an invasion, and instead of making progress down South, they just straight up march do Philadelphia and boom. Philadelphia is a Canadian city now. Doesn't matter that it's still surrounded by hostile territory.

And that's exactly what happens in Warband. A faction takes a city from another faction, and you just have this weird blub when looking at the minimap (If u use a mod that allows you to do that)

I also don't get how armies can literally pass trough castles without anything happening. It would bring so much more depth to the game if castles kinda blocked armies from passing near them, allowing factions to hold chokepoints, like in canyons, between rivers or mountains, bridges.

I think that there should be something done about this. It would make invading another faction so worth so much more planning, rather than just clicking on a city with your superior army.

Some ideas:

- Castles would have this "defensive circle" whose raidus would depend on the number of men holding it, which would prevent any army from passing near it. So a commander could make two decisions: He could march around the settlement's "defensive circle", which would prolong his way or potentially block it if the settlement is placed between two natural barriers, or he could march straight to the settlement to take it.

- Entering enemy territory would instantly start harming your army. The longer you staid, the lower the morale of the army would get. Your food supplies would drain more quickly than usual. There would be a chance of your army getting harassed by enemy skirmish parties. So - the longer you stay in enemy territory, the higher the chance of your army being collapsed by the lack of food and low morale.

No, that's actually pretty much how it works. castles were regularly passed if they were not worth taking due to cost/gain and if you had a large traveling army there was, and still is, no reason not to pass by. The main issue with passing by castles is that if you have a supply train they can raid it as well as possible merchants and other travelers. While I think it might be interesting to implement features relating to land usage, plundering and scorched earth as well as some automation of patrols I don't think a magical barrier is the correct option. A castle couldn't project it's power except by using it's garrison which is already in the game.

again, the only exception may be castles that are built at and block mountain passes, bridges, crossings or other natural obstacles but otherwise ignoring a castle should be fair game.
 

Orula

Recruit
Best answers
0
Another game came out. Actors performance in 3 different languages (English, French and German), motion capture, lots of animations, facial scan, story driven, insane graphics, and it is from an indie company. "A Plague Tale Innocence".

And here you are, 8 years in developent to make a creepy stabbing animation with a couple of keyframes, and characters that say "GRRR" when angry. What you have to say? Oh oh my game has a lot of calculations, and we made our own engine blah blah, excuses. 2 + 2 = 4, and "If (this condition is True) Then Execute This Stuff, Else Execute This Other Stuff".

I thinks this "game" was reduced to weekly blogs. Its time to think: should we call Bannerlord a "videogame" or a "blog site"?
 

vicwiz007

D
Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
What sort of discussion could we possibly have about this? What little there was to have, has been done since 2017.

I thought I was reading a necro'd blog/thread until I triple checked the date.
 

Auzriel

Recruit
Best answers
0
Can you guys instead of writing blogs, record your video sessions of what you are testing instead? Your QA guy plays the game everyday, why can't you just have him record whatever he is testing then upload to youtube, instead of you know... this sad excuse of a blog.
 
Best answers
0
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
As Stillborn's multiplayer beta draws ever closer, we thought it would be a good time to discuss another of the game’s exciting game modes: Captain Mode.


Read more at: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Stillborn/Blog/404
 

monoolho

Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
vicwiz007 said:
What sort of discussion could we possibly have about this? What little there was to have, has been done since 2017.

I thought I was reading a necro'd blog/thread until I triple checked the date.
I seriously thought it was an error or a broken link pointing to an old blog. Curiously enough, t'wasn't. And i saw it was a new blog after reaching half of it. They had us in the first half, not gonna lie.

Too bad the rest was more of the same. Nothing bad, a good intro on captain mode for newbs, but it'd make a heck of a lot of sense if it was releasee with/ right before the beta release, which would also be odd, since its mostly forum goers - ergo veterans - that will have access to the beta and its captain mode.

Are you releasing the beta this month?

Nothing else impresses me anymore, but i can't help but feel a spark of surpise with this speculative reasoning.

Auzriel said:
Can you guys instead of writing blogs, record your video sessions of what you are testing instead? Your QA guy plays the game everyday, why can't you just have him record whatever he is testing then upload to youtube, instead of you know... this sad excuse of a blog.
This in addition to the blogs. 30 seconds of you guys editing and using the software, and 5 seconds of the good stuff (BL gameplay) would probably suffice much of the criticism.

Edit: fixed the quoted remark, couldn't write it before.
 

Revverie

Knight
Best answers
0
Orula said:
Another game came out. Actors performance in 3 different languages (English, French and German), motion capture, lots of animations, facial scan, story driven, insane graphics, and it is from an indie company. "A Plague Tale Innocence".

And here you are, 8 years in developent to make a creepy stabbing animation with a couple of keyframes, and characters that say "GRRR" when angry. What you have to say? Oh oh my game has a lot of calculations, and we made our own engine blah blah, excuses. 2 + 2 = 4, and "If (this condition is True) Then Execute This Stuff, Else Execute This Other Stuff".

I thinks this "game" was reduced to weekly blogs. Its time to think: should we call Bannerlord a "videogame" or a "blog site"?
Man this game prly has to calculate how your enemy ai will take a dump of its winter and you have a 20% bigger army while that plague ass tale has to make you go from point a to point B, imagine they needed 300 ass npc thinking which way will attack with no plans while the other game is 80% scripted, yeah <have a nice day>