Dev Blog 22/02/18

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml][IMG]https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_28_taleworldswebsite.jpg[/IMG] One of the most important (and complicated) tasks during the development process of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord was to develop our engine. Using a proprietary engine instead of licensing an existing one might look like an unnecessary complication, but it’s actually vital for what we want Bannerlord to be. For a start, the game would not be a moddable as it is going to be without it! Our engine programmer Gökhan Uras explains a bit more about the engine of Bannerlord in this week’s dev blog. [/parsehtml]Read more at: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/47

Those shadows really add alot. I hope my computer can handle it all when it comes out. :neutral: (If it ever does  :iamamoron: )

Temporal Scalable Ambient Obscurance (TSAO)
http://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_28_taleworldswebsite_02.gif
blog_post_28_taleworldswebsite_02.gif

Contact Hardening Shadows (CHS)
http://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_28_taleworldswebsite_03.gif
blog_post_28_taleworldswebsite_03.gif

Looking back at the old screenshots and blogs , the game and engine have come a really loong way and that's just visually. Maybe, it's for the best that they took their time.

Is releasing the engine to consumers on the road map? Such as Cryengine , Unity3D and Unreal.

AmateurHetman said:
Not only is the engine almost finished, but he said any other improvements can be patched in after release.

Is the release closer than we think?

Lol I took this as the opposite.  The guy said he was still working on loads of ****.

Can someone enlighten me about what benefit does increasing CPU performance brings to players ?
I am kind of ignorant about these subjects.
Will this make the game more flowing ?
Like without lags ?

In the Battanian vs Empire video(captain mode) there were some moments like when Cataphract charged with his horse the galloping of the horse wasnt so fluid and looked like the horse stops for a second.

KhergitLancer80 said:
Can someone enlighten me about what benefit does increasing CPU performance brings to players ?
I am kind of ignorant about these subjects.
Will this make the game more flowing ?
Like without lags ?

In the Battanian vs Empire video(captain mode) there were some moments like when Cataphract charged with his horse the galloping of the horse wasnt so fluid and looked like the horse stops for a second.

I'm no expert but I'd guess faster loading times and overall better performance, however I might be completely off. I'd also like an answer from someone who knows what they're talking about.

So that seemed like it discussed a lot of stuff I didn't understand but which were definitely Features with a capital 'F' for the kind of person who does right?

I mean, the skeleton editing thing alone must be kind of cool to have re-confirmed as I know that came up a lot on various mods boards when trying to make anything not Horse or Person shaped.

KhergitLancer80 said:

By all means not an expert, but normally CPU performance is directly related with the number of actors is a scene. Which means bigger battles.
Also it may mean that what could be achieved with a powerful CPU can now be achieved with a more modest configuration.
It may reduce the recommended hardware specifications and make the game more compatible with older/cheaper CPU's.

KhergitLancer80 said:

Our game is pretty CPU intensive and uses it for things like AI, combat and physics calculations. Offloading the work to the CPU and increasing the efficiency allows us to have faster loading times and larger battles. :smile:

Tabitan said:
Enjoyed the blog, you have not written about next week Callum. What do we expect?

You will have to come back next week to find out! :smile:

“The modding capability of the game. The modding community did wonders with Warband, I can’t even imagine what they will come up with our brand new editor and scripting system. Our editor is very feature rich! It contains smaller tools like a resource browser, particle editor, cloth editor, atmosphere editor, skeleton editor, flora editor, material editor and texture editor. We have a prefab system in place to easily reuse entity hierarchies across scenes. We have a very detailed terrain editing system for painting height maps, texture layers and floras, and you can also easily import height maps and layer weights from outside sources to modify in the editor. We also support real-time reloading of resources to ease our artists’ workflow. Aside from building scenes, modders can add C# scripts to any entity to create any mechanic they want to achieve mod specific behaviours.”
*UNCONTROLLABLE SCREAMS OF JOY FOR THE MOST REVEALING ANSWER EVER, AS HE JUMPS AGAIN ON THE HYPE TRAIN*

choo choo, b*tches!

Scarf Ace said:
Those are some very pretty pictures.
I'm kinda uneasy though - will my ancient i7-2600 will get the job done?

Off course it will, it's ancient, yet see it as an ancient god, those do kick some serious ... too despite being old. (I have to believe that, otherwise i'm screwed too  :wink: )

More seriously though, i think it will be able to run it just fine, might have some trouble with those 'hundreds people in a battle', I don't know for sure however, i'm don't have enough knowledge of hardware to figure out performance from a bunch of blogs :smile:

Back
Top Bottom