Dev Blog 20/06/19

Terco_Viejo

Knight
Best answers
0
I am one of the first to actively complain when a blog is null and void as far as information is concerned. This devblog, although not one of the most exciting, must be saved from burning. There are even improvements if we compare it with its predecessor:

Forced recruitment, aborting raid keeping part of the spoils and hostilities as criminal activity.


On the other hand I think the same as vicwiz007 & BIGGER Kentucky James XXL on this subject..., what you say about the scale of the icons (PC-NPC troops) within the campaign map, I personally see it well...it's an acceptable approach for RTS environments that span the entire spectrum from Sid Meier's Pirates! to the Total War series. That said, a twist could be given. For example, in games like Ruse or Nobunaga's Ambition, when you look away in satellite mode, the icons are overdimensioned. However, when zooming in, the icons take on a realistic scale practically flush with the ground, thus keeping a balance between objects and the environment.

What's more, in Nobunaga's Ambition if we stay in an average view we observe an element (arrow) that represents an army and if we approach the view at ground level that element becomes a massive group of soldiers. If this system were moved to Bannerlord, all the elements would scale maintaining a harmony in the proportions and the PC-NPC would become a war band (different size depending on the number of troops) if zoomed to the maximum.

I am also satisfied with the current result of the campaign map in Bannerlord; remember that we are missing a blog in which we will talk about Campaign Map part 2:
Callum on Reddit said:
We are doing some pretty big stuff on the campaign map right now. Once that is finished we will show you! (link)
 

panem

Veteran
Best answers
0
HUMMAN said:
JuJu70 said:
so in essence everything the same as in WB+mods.
Now imagine what would  bannerlord+mods be  :wink:

bannerlord > [WB+Mod]1 + [WB+Mod]2 + [WB+Mod]3 + [WB+Mod]4 + [WB+Mod]5
[WB+Mod]3 > [WB+Mod]1 + [WB+Mod]5 > [WB+Mod]2 + [WB+Mod]4

bannerlord+mods > 10 years  :lol:
 

Yaga

Squire
Best answers
0
CKyHC said:
Yaga said:
NPC99 said:
I hope that the track in the screenshot is a real road rather than a Warband one. We need roads with a consistent impact on ai pathfinding and improved travel speed.

The village livestock look like mice at the feet of the player’s horse. The scale difference between ai parties and the map icons for locations has always been part of the M&B UI, but still seems odd.
+1
+1
yes you need a world of real size  :facepalm:
Скунс, Why do you think so?
No, not needed.
I need a beautiful world that creates such an atmosphere on a global map so that I don’t want to leave it. Or at least it was no less interesting to play than in local scenes.
---




vicwiz007 said:
Yaga said:
NPC99 said:
I hope that the track in the screenshot is a real road rather than a Warband one. We need roads with a consistent impact on ai pathfinding and improved travel speed.
The village livestock look like mice at the feet of the player’s horse. The scale difference between ai parties and the map icons for locations has always been part of the M&B UI, but still seems odd.
+1
How would you possibly scale everything to match parties? The most important part, the parties moving around the map, have to be the largest and clearest symbols. I think it would look much worse if the cows and whatnot were the size of the player, not to mention how annoying it would be to try to see things if this was done everywhere.
vicwiz007, I never said that cows should be the size of a player. But why not keep at least some balance in size? Is it bad?


It's simple.
At home, cows, etc., I would do a little more, and a player a little less  :smile:
 

FBohler

Knight
WBNWWF&S
Best answers
0
And I thought I was nitpicking...  :facepalm:

Overworld map is looking good enough, no need to get its scale perfect.
 

vicwiz007

Knight
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
0
Yaga said:
vicwiz007 said:
Yaga said:
NPC99 said:
I hope that the track in the screenshot is a real road rather than a Warband one. We need roads with a consistent impact on ai pathfinding and improved travel speed.
The village livestock look like mice at the feet of the player’s horse. The scale difference between ai parties and the map icons for locations has always been part of the M&B UI, but still seems odd.
+1
How would you possibly scale everything to match parties? The most important part, the parties moving around the map, have to be the largest and clearest symbols. I think it would look much worse if the cows and whatnot were the size of the player, not to mention how annoying it would be to try to see things if this was done everywhere.
vicwiz007, I never said that cows should be the size of a player. But why not keep at least some balance in size? Is it bad?
It's simple.
At home, cows, etc., I would do a little more, and a player a little less  :smile:
You did not say it, NPC99 said it, albeit sort of indirectly with me making the assumption. As I and others have said now, it would be hard to do. So you make homes and cows bigger, well now they look giant compared to the landscape features. Ok, so scale the landscape features up? Well now everything is bigger and the parties (most important aspect of map) are less visible. I think James nailed it with those categories. The balance in size is within each of those categories.

I could summarize my feelings for this with the beautiful quote "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
 

Yaga

Squire
Best answers
0
vicwiz007 said:
Yaga said:
vicwiz007 said:
Yaga said:
NPC99 said:
I hope that the track in the screenshot is a real road rather than a Warband one. We need roads with a consistent impact on ai pathfinding and improved travel speed.
The village livestock look like mice at the feet of the player’s horse. The scale difference between ai parties and the map icons for locations has always been part of the M&B UI, but still seems odd.
+1
How would you possibly scale everything to match parties? The most important part, the parties moving around the map, have to be the largest and clearest symbols. I think it would look much worse if the cows and whatnot were the size of the player, not to mention how annoying it would be to try to see things if this was done everywhere.
vicwiz007, I never said that cows should be the size of a player. But why not keep at least some balance in size? Is it bad?
It's simple.
At home, cows, etc., I would do a little more, and a player a little less  :smile:
You did not say it, NPC99 said it, albeit sort of indirectly with me making the assumption. As I and others have said now, it would be hard to do. So you make homes and cows bigger, well now they look giant compared to the landscape features. Ok, so scale the landscape features up? Well now everything is bigger and the parties (most important aspect of map) are less visible. I think James nailed it with those categories. The balance in size is within each of those categories.

I could summarize my feelings for this with the beautiful quote "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
vicwiz007, Here is a map on which I drew the cows, the mills, the man on the wagon.
Does any of them look taller than trees?


https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,384721.msg9124243.html#msg9124243
 

bjorntheconquerer

Grandmaster Knight
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Best answers
0
Lord Kinlar said:
Bjorn The Hound said:
Lord Kinlar said:
In Warband, the AI lords may raid every single village on the map and unlike the player, they can still recruit soldiers from those villages, in other words, they don't get the relation hit that the player gets for their evil actions. Not only that, but if the player raids their villages, he/she gets a relation hit with the owner, but if it's the other way around, in other words, if the AI lords raid the player's village, their relationships with the player stay intact, which makes no sense. Is the player assumed to be perfectly fine with that? In short, there are no consequences for the evil actions of the AI lords.
In Warband, Lords don't recruit soldiers in villages. They go to their castle and their soldiers just increase there. So there is no recruitment mechanic for AI lords in Warband.
Wrong. This is from the module system of 1.171:

in module_dialogues:

  [anyone,"lord_tell_objective", [
  (party_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop_party", slot_party_ai_state, spai_visiting_village)],
  "We are recruiting new soldiers from {s1}. {s14}{s15}", "lord_pretalk",
  [(party_get_slot, ":ai_object", "$g_talk_troop_party", slot_party_ai_object),
    (str_store_party_name, s1, ":ai_object")]],
in module_scripts, this is called by the script "party_set_ai_state":

#Currently called from process_ai_state, could be called from elsewhere
  #It is used for lord to (1)Court ladies (2)Collect rents (3)Look for volunteers
  ("troop_does_business_in_center",
...
#Recruit volunteers
    (try_begin),
(is_between, ":center_no", villages_begin, villages_end),

        (party_get_slot, ":troop_type", ":center_no", slot_center_npc_volunteer_troop_type),
        (party_get_slot, ":troop_amount", ":center_no", slot_center_npc_volunteer_troop_amount),
        (party_set_slot, ":center_no", slot_center_npc_volunteer_troop_amount, -1),
      (party_add_members, ":led_party", ":troop_type", ":troop_amount"),
    (try_end),
Lords do recruit soldiers from villages unless their party is completely destroyed. Except, the script completely ignores the relationship between the center and the AI lord, quite possibly the relationship is not even taken into account or stored anywhere in the game.

Bjorn The Hound said:
Lord Kinlar said:
There's also the fact that good relationships between the player and the AI lords have absolutely no effect on their actions, they don't even reconsider before raiding their friend's village, and things get even more strange if you play a female character. Even your husband may raid your villages and you may have to fight with him. Again, none of these make any sense at all.
Yes, you are just a friend to that lord but his faction is at war with your faction. What do you expect? I see no immersion breaking point there imo.
What do I expect? I expect that they would behave in a realistic manner. For instance what happens when you've caught your husband raiding your village,

- "What the hell are you doing?!"
- "We are raiding this village."
- "Surrender or die, ex-husband!"

Yeah, totally makes sense, not immersion breaking at all.
Thanks for correcting me, I didn't know. Nonetheless, this is a problem already touched on as I quoted:
Bjorn The Hound said:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1649886983753692966 said:
Another major change we have made is that AI lords now recruit troops in exactly the same way as players. And while, on the surface, this may appear to be a massive benefit to the player (as there are no more magically regenerating doom stacks!), it also means that you will be competing with fellow lords for fresh recruits.
So they have to build relations with notables and you will end up having to compete with Lords when it comes to recruitment.

Bjorn The Hound said:
Lord Kinlar said:
There's also the fact that good relationships between the player and the AI lords have absolutely no effect on their actions, they don't even reconsider before raiding their friend's village, and things get even more strange if you play a female character. Even your husband may raid your villages and you may have to fight with him. Again, none of these make any sense at all.
Yes, you are just a friend to that lord but his faction is at war with your faction. What do you expect? I see no immersion breaking point there imo.
As you can see, I never said anything about husband or wife but the Lords you have good relationship will raid your village if your faction is at war with theirs. I don't see what is immersion breaking here. Like the kings you have good relationship declares war upon on you as soon as when you self proclaimed yourself as a king since it is only logical thing to do and this is just politics.
 

Yaga

Squire
Best answers
0
vicwiz007 said:
The link just takes me to your post on page 4 which has no drawing as far as i can see
Strange ... But in this post, too, there is the very same my drawing. You also do not see him in this post?
Tell me, please, and everyone else can see my drawing?

 

DanAngleland

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&SNW
Best answers
0
Password protected, so that nobody discovers his collection of pictures of unrealistically drawn trees- his disgusting secret fetish.
 

Yaga

Squire
Best answers
0
BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
Nope. I checked the link and it looks like you're copying urls from your own password-protected online cloud service.
Thanks, BIGGER Kentucky James XXL!

Yes it is.
But I always post pictures from my cloud so that no one deletes them and they are saved for a long time for viewing.
There is no password.
And in my old post also can not see the picture?

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249537.msg8380482.html#msg8380482
---




DanAngleland said:
Password protected, so that nobody discovers his collection of pictures of unrealistically drawn trees- his disgusting secret fetish.
DanAngleland, I don't even know what to tell you ...  :neutral:
 

cataclism22

Recruit
Best answers
0
"Forcefully Recruiting Villagers
Bannerlord sees the introduction of the ability to press gang villagers into your army.(...)"

Hohohoho!
That´s one VERY COOL add! I loved the idea!
 

vicwiz007

Knight
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
0
I see the the one from your old post. That is just a screenshot from an old blog or something though isnt it?
 

AJIexander

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCWF&SM&B
Best answers
0
Yaga said:
BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
Nope. I checked the link and it looks like you're copying urls from your own password-protected online cloud service.
Thanks, BIGGER Kentucky James XXL!

Yes it is.
But I always post pictures from my cloud so that no one deletes them and they are saved for a long time for viewing.
There is no password.
And in my old post also can not see the picture?

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249537.msg8380482.html#msg8380482
---




DanAngleland said:
Password protected, so that nobody discovers his collection of pictures of unrealistically drawn trees- his disgusting secret fetish.
DanAngleland, I don't even know what to tell you ...  :neutral:
Friends it seems to me that the groups on the map could have been made on the same scale as the settlements with the help of a small trick. Instead of displaying the lord or captain of the squad.  You can make a lot of soldiers whose number is proportional to the number of units of the group.  This will not only change the immersion, but can also give the game new interesting mechanics.

1) The more your squad the more a large amount of area it occupies on the map.  Thanks to this, the difference between a small detachment and a large army will be more correctly realized.

2) The leveling of skills associated with the acceleration of movement on the map could open up different modes of movement on the map.
 

stilljester

Recruit
Best answers
0
"In Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, players are able to engage in a number of hostile and criminal activities."

No - they are not able to to engage in any activities whatsoever, because there are no players, because you're never going to release this game.  :facepalm:
 

liznaviecki

Recruit
Best answers
0
What about criminal actions on towns?
I have red somewhere that I can beat local bandits on the streets and take their place and I am sure it was about Bannerlord
 
Top