Dev Blog 18/01/18

Currently viewing this thread:

Mount & Blade is RPG, strategy, epic battles... and it's also a unique world which acts as the perfect framework for your own adventures and heroic deeds. Calradia, the continent where Mount & Blade takes place, is a low-fantasy setting deeply rooted in history: its past and factions are inspired by real kingdoms and conflicts of old, but it also adds its own doses of imagination. It's a delicate balance: you have to combine creativity and imagination with thorough research and interpretation of historical sources. The result, however, is worth all the efforts: Calradia may be a fictional place, but it feels as alive and real as our world. It takes a lot of talent and hard work to create such a place, and today we want to introduce you to a member of our team who plays an essential role in its creation: our writer and designer Steve Negus.


Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/42
 

FBohler

Knight
WBNWWF&S
I don't want the game to be a super boring ultra-realistic medieval Europe simulator. I want curved swords, I want unrealistic terrain with many shoke points, I want equipment that play good rather than stay true to history facts... and I demand lots of butter!!
 

Dethikus

Banned
WBNWVCWF&SM&B
Rice lover said:
But really, wardogs would be awesome against light infantry/cavalry and enhance that feel of chaos.

Yeah I'd really like to see this! Not practical for sieges and stuff but would be so cool and immersive to hunt down bandit groups in the woods and similar things; like your back alley criminal thing from that one video.
 
Dogs mean too many problems though.
In M&B everything is blockable except arrows and bolts.
So how will the dog attacks be blocked ?
So hard to implement it will either be so OP or way too UP.
 

FBohler

Knight
WBNWWF&S
KhergitLancer80 said:
Dogs mean too many problems though.
In M&B everything is blockable except arrows and bolts.
So how will the dog attacks be blocked ?
So hard to implement it will either be so OP or way too UP.

I agree, let TW focus on regular combat first and release the game..
 
Dethikus said:
Rice lover said:
But really, wardogs would be awesome against light infantry/cavalry and enhance that feel of chaos.

Yeah I'd really like to see this! Not practical for sieges and stuff but would be so cool and immersive to hunt down bandit groups in the woods and similar things; like your back alley criminal thing from that one video.

This is absolutely stupid; Who brings dogs to war?

On a more serious note, I won't buy the game unless they include warpandas. Otherwise, I couldn't live with the break in immersion. Especially with the Vlandians, who are based off of the Norman invaders of England. And as we know, the Normans included them in the Battle of Hastings which was one of the main reasons why they won so decisively.

To not include warpandas would be a crime against historical accuracy in my fantasy game.
 

Dest45

Knight at Arms
WBVCNW
Are you kidding me? Warpandas in the battle of hastings? I wish people would actually do their research instead of spouting off nonsense. Warpandas weren’t even introduced in that part of the world for another 100 years. You are thinking of the Warwhales they had and the Battlebear housecarls they fielded. Do a little reading into actual history before you post next time please.
 

SenorZorros

Squire
my main gripe about the birds though is why they would attack that group of iron helmets instead of this one. warhounds could honestly be implementable and effective, at least against poorly armed and untrained troops. Blocking would be shield or just killing them before they get to you. and you can keep them in a pen or in front of a wall of spears to prevent them from turning around to your own troops. But warbirds don't care about borders and would (ineffectively) attack everyone or no one at all since humans aren't really their prey.

Elephants always had a rider and often one of their jobs was to crack their elephant's skull if the animal became to frenzied to be calmed after battle or risked attacking friendly troops.
 
Mithril♡Souls said:
Dethikus said:
Rice lover said:
But really, wardogs would be awesome against light infantry/cavalry and enhance that feel of chaos.

Yeah I'd really like to see this! Not practical for sieges and stuff but would be so cool and immersive to hunt down bandit groups in the woods and similar things; like your back alley criminal thing from that one video.

This is absolutely stupid; Who brings dogs to war?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs_in_warfare

Not the best source but something.
 

Rackie

Regular
WF&S
Mithril♡Souls said:
Dethikus said:
Rice lover said:
But really, wardogs would be awesome against light infantry/cavalry and enhance that feel of chaos.

Yeah I'd really like to see this! Not practical for sieges and stuff but would be so cool and immersive to hunt down bandit groups in the woods and similar things; like your back alley criminal thing from that one video.

This is absolutely stupid; Who brings dogs to war?

On a more serious note, I won't buy the game unless they include warpandas. Otherwise, I couldn't live with the break in immersion. Especially with the Vlandians, who are based off of the Norman invaders of England. And as we know, the Normans included them in the Battle of Hastings which was one of the main reasons why they won so decisively.

To not include warpandas would be a crime against historical accuracy in my fantasy game.


I get that this comment is a bit of a joke, but if that first question is serious, then you really have to read on. Dogs were used in battles
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Rackie said:
Dogs were used in battles

puppies are great to distract the enemy (they stop fighting to play with them). Best counter weapon are cats. So remember to bring lots of cats.
 

Narlan

Sergeant
NWWBVC
And as we know, the Normans included them in the Battle of Hastings which was one of the main reasons why they won so decisively.
What ?! They did not have Warpandas, they had Warbirds !!!
 
kalarhan said:
Rackie said:
Dogs were used in battles

puppies are great to distract the enemy (they stop fighting to play with them). Best counter weapon are cats. So remember to bring lots of cats.

matmohair1 said:
Le_roi_Cambyse_au_si%C3%A8ge_de_P%C3%A9luse_par_Paul-Marie_Lenoir.jpg
 

cherac

Sergeant Knight
:grin: :grin: WarPandas..

For the Past month I have been pondering on the influence points and how they'll work . I hope they can be generated by fiefs army size or strength and wealth in general , because I can't have 10 castles and have 0 influence because I haven't fought a battle in a month or delivered a letter for a fellow lord .  Influence points needs to be tied to wealth , property and strength like in real life , the bigger your castle the more influence or even better still, having access to certain resources in that are rare in the kingdom should also generate influence , like mines or salts , I really hope we hear more on this .
 
I hope that we will also get possibility to hold influence-increasing events. Holding tournament in your fief, inviting your lord-buds to slumber party manly hunting or even just some scraps for discussing politics with heads of clans and minor factions every once in a while.

I also hope that your buddies and enemies will somehow pitch in into your influence generation, instead of just being obvious and boring price decrease/increase.

Basically, I hope that influence isn't just a walkaround to not improve interaction and relationships with lord NPCs whatsoever.
 

cherac

Sergeant Knight
Do not look here said:
I hope that we will also get possibility to hold influence-increasing events. Holding tournament in your fief, inviting your lord-buds to slumber party manly hunting or even just some scraps for discussing politics with heads of clans and minor factions every once in a while.

I also hope that your buddies and enemies will somehow pitch in into your influence generation, instead of just being obvious and boring price decrease/increase.

Basically, I hope that influence isn't just a walkaround to not improve interaction and relationships with lord NPCs whatsoever.

Even better, having positive relations with high ranking lords or the king should give influence boosts, this would send the game to a whole new level
 
Do not look here said:
I hope that we will also get possibility to hold influence-increasing events. Holding tournament in your fief, inviting your lord-buds to slumber party manly hunting or even just some scraps for discussing politics with heads of clans and minor factions every once in a while.

I also hope that your buddies and enemies will somehow pitch in into your influence generation, instead of just being obvious and boring price decrease/increase.

Basically, I hope that influence isn't just a walkaround to not improve interaction and relationships with lord NPCs whatsoever.

Maybe an AI lord will offer you some influence points to follow him into battle.  :grin:
 

Marko͘

Section Moderator
WBNWM&BWF&SVC
They won't be attending this year: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,373696.msg8910621.html#msg8910621
 
Top Bottom