Dev Blog 16/11/17

Callum

Community Manager
Best answers
0

In the previous blog in this series, we described how Bannerlord’s new weapon physics model derives swing and thrust speeds of weapons from their physical characteristics. We talked about how weapon crafting plays a role in determining these properties and how this gives players the freedom to create a weapon which will complement their own fighting style. In this week’s blog, we would like to expand on this topic and explain the rest of the weapon physics model, showing how we determine the damage that a weapon inflicts and how that works in the game.


Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/35
 

Ki-Ok Khan

When the game comes out I am sure people will find exploits in the system. How long will you be supporting Bannerlord with balance updates?
 

Risingsunseth

Recruit
Best answers
0
Created an account just to say how cool it is to see how mush thought goes into this game! Keep up the good work!
 
Best answers
0
Thanks for the blog,

About the video clip you shared in the blog it looks so sweet
I hope hafted blades in Bannerlord be more efficient than warband because in Warband hafted blade was useless on horseback but a good weapon on foot.
 Because the lance had a longer range and you dont have to be next to the target all other weapons apart from the lance were meaningless for me.
I hope Bannerlord kinda balances that out.

EDIT:Wow I just realised I promoted to veteran from regular  


 

Yabloko

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
So if I understand right, you've built a model that gets the physical properties of a weapon as input and gives its stats as output? How does this work across different weapon types, and how would it work with modded ones? It really is great stuff, and I suppose it also spares you lots of time trying to balance new items.
 

Callum

Community Manager
Best answers
0
Ki-Ok Khan said:
When the game comes out I am sure people will find exploits in the system. How long will you be supporting Bannerlord with balance updates?
We are still supporting Warband and there will be a small patch coming out in the near future to address some minor issues. I hope that gives you an indication of how much we care about our games. :smile:

Risingsunseth said:
Created an account just to say how cool it is to see how mush thought goes into this game! Keep up the good work!
Welcome to the forums and thank you for the kind words!

KhergitLancer80 said:
Thanks for the blog,

About the video clip you shared in the blog it looks so sweet
I hope hafted blades in Bannerlord be more efficient than warband because in Warband hafted blade was useless on horseback but a good weapon on foot.
Because the lance had a longer range and you dont have to be next to the target all other weapons apart from the lance were meaningless for me.
I hope Bannerlord kinda balances that out.

EDIT:Wow I just realised I promoted to veteran from regular 
Thank you for taking the time to read it! We hope that our new weapon crafting system will make a wider range of weapons viable in different situations and allow players to use the weapons which they enjoy the most.

And congratulations! Keep posting and eventually you will end up with one of those fancy lances.
 

578

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Best answers
0
I am very satisfied with what I read here. It seems like you really put a lot of thought into it and made it easier to understand. I can't wait for part 3.

On a side note, I think you should keep the whole ''Craft a weapon that fits your fighting style'' in multiplayer. We could craft weapons in the menu screen to use in our battles online or if the game is still kill to get gold and upgrade gear, let us customize 2-3 tiers of weapons we plan to use. I always disliked being forced into factions and not having my own character, but weapon crafting can make it feel much more personal and allow us to practice with our weapons of choice more frequently than having to wait to play as a certain faction again. This is also the reason I really enjoyed Mercenaries mod in Warband.
 

Ki-Ok Khan

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
When the game comes out I am sure people will find exploits in the system. How long will you be supporting Bannerlord with balance updates?
We are still supporting Warband and there will be a small patch coming out in the near future to address some minor issues. I hope that gives you an indication of how much we care about our games. :smile:
Warband had issues with balance and bugs that made you invincible or die. Spears could hit through the walls etc. I am pretty sure those are still in there and tons of other balance problems and bugs. That is why I was asking about Bannerlord.
 

Ki-Ok Khan

NinjaFish Gaming said:
The game looks pretty much finished. what's slowing them down?
I suggest you read this blog.
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/21
 

Yaga

Tree expert
Squire
Best answers
0
NinjaFish Gaming said:
The game looks pretty much finished. what's slowing them down?
There are some nuances ... and trees :wink:
joking  :grin:
 

AmateurHetman

Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
It was the gif wasn’t it? That’s what messed up the uploading of this blog. Anyways, very interesting blog, I’m looking forward to seeing how the weapon mechanics play out.
 

Horik6697

Sergeant at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
That's a nice blog indeed! And we've got some ultra secret info about development: looters are already implemented.  :shifty:
 

Gurkhal

Sergeant
Best answers
0
Nice blog and I see that the looters will make more resistance in the coming fights. Having looted a fancy shield and such for themselves. :smile:
 

Looter

Sergeant Knight
WBNWWF&SVC
Best answers
0
Gurkhal said:
Nice blog and I see that the looters will make more resistance in the coming fights. Having looted a fancy shield and such for themselves. :smile:
And bows, we have bows too. River Piracy will increase and more farmer parties attacked with this improved technology.
 
Best answers
0
Looter said:
Gurkhal said:
Nice blog and I see that the looters will make more resistance in the coming fights. Having looted a fancy shield and such for themselves. :smile:
And bows, we have bows too. River Piracy will increase and more farmer parties attacked with this improved technology.
How did you feel when that Khuzait cut your looter brother's neck ? :lol: :lol:
 

Looter

Sergeant Knight
WBNWWF&SVC
Best answers
0
KhergitLancer80 said:
Looter said:
Gurkhal said:
Nice blog and I see that the looters will make more resistance in the coming fights. Having looted a fancy shield and such for themselves. :smile:
And bows, we have bows too. River Piracy will increase and more farmer parties attacked with this improved technology.
How did you feel when that Khuzait cut your looter brother's neck ? :lol: :lol: