Dev Blog 12/04/18

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml][IMG]https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_35_taleworldswebsite.jpg[/IMG] If you have been following these weekly updates for some time now, you will know that our aim for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord isn’t just to provide players with bigger, more epic battles, but also to refine existing mechanics from the series and add small details to the game to make it feel more believable and immersive. In this week’s blog, we want to show you another example of how we try to pay close attention to small details by introducing you to a feature which probably won’t catch your eye immediately while playing, but is something which we feel adds to the overall visual fidelity of the game. [/parsehtml]Read more at: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/55

Rainbow Dash said:
Karkurdu said:
TheVenatoS said:
Karkurdu said:
The Meddling Monk said:
It's nice to see that you're paying so much attention to detail. It's the little things like this that make the world more immersive.

P.S. Callum, when can we expect that blog about the campaign map?

They are probably saving the gooddies for E3. But I wouldn't bet my money on it.

They aren't going to E3

For certain?

https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/alphalist.cfm?alpha=T

Go ahead. Look for the word "Taleworlds". You won't find any.

Basically, if they were going they would be there by now, simplee...

If they wont go to gamescom as well than it's certain the game isn't coming this year.

This is a great addition to the game. I really like all these details they keep adding.  Though it seems like they still don't want to show us to much and are just finding/adding small things to keep us from complaining as they continue to make the game better. Everything looks great so far and hopefully they will give us some juicy details soon. Wish we could get a little more insight on how close they actually are. I fear there are major complications so they would rather keep us in the dark.

xLeSZcZx said:
,,Oh, and before anyone comments on the two-handed sword being carried on the back, we are fully aware that this isn’t entirely historically accurate, but we think it looks cool nevertheless!"

I'm devastated...  :lol: At least something to shut the mouths of irritating I-want-100%-realistic-BL-even-in-the-terms-of-haircut people. :grin:

And question: what if I want to carry 4 shields (I know it's stupid, but people could want to know ,,what if I make something like this...?"), or 4 big polearms such as halberd/lance? Will it be displayed on our character?

:lol: :lol:

+1

I have to break a lance for realistic carrying and dropping of battlefield weapons. Not only for muh realism but also because it would give smaller weapons more more purpose. But I understand why they went with this. For realistic carrying you'd need an easy recorery system which is very difficult in a game.
I just really hope we won't get too many back-mounted pikes.

这是赤裸裸的炫耀画质又有进步啊,脸部细节比以前展现的更真实了。我的疑问还有几点:
1.骑马的时候缰绳还没有套在手上,也没有挥动缰绳的动作,是不是也应该加上。
2.是不是应该展示一下天气系统了?
3.这期的GIF里加没加上GI啊,什么时候游戏引擎里的这些更新能够整合在一起啊。
4.上一期的城堡升级系统我认为应该改进, 应该给玩家2种选择,(1)按照系统已经固定的升级路线升级;(2)玩家自己设计自己的城堡,就像《十字军东征》游戏一样,应该允许玩家失败总结经验教训,在失败基础上继续改进,这样游戏时间大大增加了。我怀疑是城堡设计系统里存在技术上的难题,毕竟不是2D游戏,估计是AI寻路系统导致不能自己设计城堡,城堡应该向铁匠铺的武器一样,可以自由定制,我还想在游戏里增加城堡设计师一个职业,通过雇佣然后开始修建。
5.最重要的一个问题,战略地图和战役地图的时间转换,估计GI不能实时变化只能通过出城再进城变成上午-中午-晚上是时间不好计算?还是实时变化导致工作量巨大? 如果是时间问题,那么战略地图上应该有比例尺,走多少步是一天,那么在战役地图里就固定2个小时是一天,总之通过大部分战斗开始到结束的时间来固定一天的循环。这个问题应该解决,而不是通过这种简单方式跳过。
6. 地形改变,不只是为了游戏本体,如果在MOD里有现代战争,炮弹落地难道不应该有弹坑么,还是通过贴图表现?
7. 火焰燃烧, 能否将房子烧成灰烬,将人烧成碳。
English translation
It's a blatant display of quality and progress, and the details of the face are more real than they were before.I have a few more questions:
1.The REINS were not set in the hand on the horse, nor did they swing the REINS, and should be added.
2.Should we show off the weather system?
3.This GIF is not added with GI, when the game engine's updates can be integrated.
4.The last phase of the castle upgrade system I think should be improved, should give the player two choices.(1) upgrade the route according to the fixed upgrade route;(2) the player designs his own castle.It's like the Crusades.Players should be allowed to fail to sum up lessons learned, and continue to improve on the basis of failure, so that the game time is greatly increased.I suspect there are technical difficulties in the castle design system.After all, it's not a 2-d game. It's estimated that the AI pathfinder system can't design the castle itself.The castle should be as free as the weapons of the forge, and I would like to add a castle designer to the game, hire it and start building it.
5. The most important question, the time conversion of strategic maps and campaign maps.t is estimated that GI can't change in real time only by going out of town and into the city into the morning - noon - night is a bad time to calculate?Or is real-time change causing a lot of work?If it is a matter of time, then there should be a strategic map scale, and take many steps is one day, then on the battle map fixed two hours a day, all in all fixed by most of the fight to the end of time cycle of a day. This problem should be solved rather than skipped in this simple way.
6. Terrain change is not just for the game itself. If there is a modern war in the MOD, shouldn't the shell be hit with a crater or through the texture?
7. Flame burning, can burn the house to ashes, burn people to carbon.
I know my questions have been answered, but I still have the illusion that I can achieve them.

xLeSZcZx said:
,,Oh, and before anyone comments on the two-handed sword being carried on the back, we are fully aware that this isn’t entirely historically accurate, but we think it looks cool nevertheless!"

I'm devastated...  :lol: At least something to shut the mouths of irritating I-want-100%-realistic-BL-even-in-the-terms-of-haircut people. :grin:

And question: what if I want to carry 4 shields (I know it's stupid, but people could want to know ,,what if I make something like this...?"), or 4 big polearms such as halberd/lance? Will it be displayed on our character?

+1

Yabloko said:
Lord Samuel said:
bladeex said:
I'm afraid that they had to start everything from scratch for some reason and there will be more delay

Could someone explain/elaborate?

I played M&B 10 years ago and absolutely loved it. Now, I can see that people get angry, but no one seem to know the reasons why there has been a delay.
I'd like to understand what the rumors are.

There are no rumours per se but Taleworlds hinted back in 2016 or 2017 (can't remember now) that the game would be in player's hands in some shape or form. That obviously did not happen, and the fact that in 2018 we still know nothing about the release date makes some people speculate about what might have happened.

They were pretty clear and stated a couple of times, that after E3 last year they decided to rip out the lighting system and replace it.  That took something like 8 months.  they mentioned it was finished about 2 months ago?  Also, there was a mention somewhere that, at least as of 5 months ago, most of the village scenes hadn't been finished and many hadn't even been started.  They didn't keep those delays total secrets, the just didn't repeat it or make a big deal out of it.  Also, if they don't do a good job of finishing all of those scenes, Yaga is going to take some time off, get a passport, travel to Ankara, rent a helicopter and take a dump on top of Taleworlds studios.

The Meddling Monk said:

Whadya mean? We have seen the map, they have talked about how ut changes, they have talked about how the villages affect economy, ansmd we know we build castles at villages. That isnt everything that will prolly be there, but I dont think there is too much else, not enough to make a blog on. (But they could do as with the siege engines, and give ua info we already knew+ give us new info. I wouldnt dislike it, but I know other people would).

jisiting2960 said:
4.The last phase of the castle upgrade system I think should be improved, should give the player two choices.(1) upgrade the route according to the fixed upgrade route;(2) the player designs his own castle.It's like the Crusades.Players should be allowed to fail to sum up lessons learned, and continue to improve on the basis of failure, so that the game time is greatly increased.I suspect there are technical difficulties in the castle design system.After all, it's not a 2-d game. It's estimated that the AI pathfinder system can't design the castle itself.The castle should be as free as the weapons of the forge, and I would like to add a castle designer to the game, hire it and start building it.

Do you understand how long it has taken to make 3 castles per Each village in Bannerlord? They are bigger and more detailed as the ones in warband, we have 3x the ammount and there is even more stuff to build in a village. And now, people juat want more and more.
First off, as we have in previous games, you can always make your own castle. Infact you can make your own everything. There is a scene edit, after you are done, just put it in the game as a mod.
Aecondly, have you even though through this??
It would take plenty of more time and delay the game even further who knows how long. But that doesnt even mean that it would turn up good.
You could probably exploit it.
The pathfinding wouldnt even be, and the troops would prolly do weird ****.
The siege engines, not even ladders would work as far as I know how they are implemented.
It would look worse, less detailed.
How would the cost go?
How would the terrain make things cost more on one place than another?
What keeps you from, as said before, exploiting, building where you shouldnt, going off limits and create a huge castle. Or even, creating a really small castle, that costs very little because there is only say, 3 walls, but is easy to defend and gives every profit a normal castle does?
It just wouldn't work!

TheVenatoS said:
Rainbow Dash said:
Karkurdu said:
TheVenatoS said:
Karkurdu said:
The Meddling Monk said:
It's nice to see that you're paying so much attention to detail. It's the little things like this that make the world more immersive.

They are probably saving the gooddies for E3. But I wouldn't bet my money on it.

They aren't going to E3

For certain?

https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/alphalist.cfm?alpha=T

Go ahead. Look for the word "Taleworlds". You won't find any.

Basically, if they were going they would be there by now, simplee...

If they wont go to gamescom as well than it's certain the game isn't coming this year.

if the game is not ready this year, they will not even want to show anything? that they can not introduce some presentation? it is a crazy thing to neglect marketing.

Yep, those are definitely scabbards....

Do wish throwing spears/Javelins would be carried in the shield hand rather then in a bag on the back but I get that this might make shield physics etc a bit of a nightmare or cause clipping issues when you're blocking (looking like you're stabbing yourself in the face).

Although, better than nothing this is a truly "minimal" filler blog taking probably less than an hour to complete, what next, shoes, trousers, dust?

wtf is going on with the game as Rungsted points out, it was 2016 when it was stated by Frank that they hoped to have the game in our hands in some playable form

Rackie said:
The Meddling Monk said:

Whadya mean? We have seen the map, they have talked about how ut changes, they have talked about how the villages affect economy, ansmd we know we build castles at villages. That isnt everything that will prolly be there, but I dont think there is too much else, not enough to make a blog on. (But they could do as with the siege engines, and give ua info we already knew+ give us new info. I wouldnt dislike it, but I know other people would).

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
We have something pretty cool to show you about the world map in the not too distant future.  :wink:

There’s a lot still to cover on the world map. I’m still hoping for a world map editor or a Warband map.txt converter.

NPC99 said:
Great leather armour.

fbKaE.jpg

Leather? LEATHER?

T R I G G E R E D

Madijeis said:
Just your regular longsword sir.

No, that is a Greatsword
A longsword is shorter, worn at the hip and did not appear until the 13th or 14th century

And at last, if you have mail coifs (and I see no reason why you should not) please make them proper. They should cover the chin, not hang off it. It looks stupid when they do.

This is bullcrap:
mail-coif-aluminium-riveted-id-10mm-31816-p.png

This is proper (and sexy):
b133b9009b856b9b8765b380f48800b0--larp-armor-medieval-armor.jpg

Gods... It's like they want us to make fun of them...

Scabbards?? Really??? What's next? "Sleeves", or "look at the new, brighter sun", or "we added OXYGEN in the battlefields". Come on...

TW is slowly realizing their blogs are pointless, so they started putting in disclaimers!! "We know we got nothing, we just wanna fool you for another week". And yes, they made it through another week.

Meanwhile they are dead silent about campaign map features, they won't go to E3 and they are developing a game for the past 7 years and all they have to show for it are "scabbards" and "slightly different shield physics". Oh oh, and the """crime system""".

In 2018 things like "scabbards" shouldn't even be mentioned. Anyone played the Witcher 3? Go see how Geralt gets his sword out of the scabbard. Simple and yet amazing, no other game has done it. Did they go broadcasting it on the internet as if they had proved string theory? Maybe they should have, maybe that's what todays gamers want from their games.

Realistic scabbards that need a blog entry. How much lower, TW?

Lamias said:
Gods... It's like they want us to make fun of them...

Scabbards?? Really??? What's next? "Sleeves", or "look at the new, brighter sun", or "we added OXYGEN in the battlefields". Come on...

TW is slowly realizing their blogs are pointless, so they started putting in disclaimers!! "We know we got nothing, we just wanna fool you for another week". And yes, they made it through another week.

Meanwhile they are dead silent about campaign map features, they won't go to E3 and they are developing a game for the past 7 years and all they have to show for it are "scabbards" and "slightly different shield physics". Oh oh, and the """crime system""".

In 2018 things like "scabbards" shouldn't even be mentioned. Anyone played the Witcher 3? Go see how Geralt gets his sword out of the scabbard. Simple and yet amazing, no other game has done it. Did they go broadcasting it on the internet as if they had proved string theory? Maybe they should have, maybe that's what todays gamers want from their games.

Realistic scabbards that need a blog entry. How much lower, TW?

No fun, they told us they would publish every week a dev blog about Crew, Lore and game mechanics until the releasing game and there is still a lot of "game mechanics" to Show.  :cry:

The Easy nine said:
Madijeis said:
Just your regular longsword sir.

No, that is a Greatsword
A longsword is shorter, worn at the hip and did not appear until the 13th or 14th century

And at last, if you have mail coifs (and I see no reason why you should not) please make them proper. They should cover the chin, not hang off it. It looks stupid when they do.

This is bullcrap:
mail-coif-aluminium-riveted-id-10mm-31816-p.png

This is proper (and sexy):
b133b9009b856b9b8765b380f48800b0--larp-armor-medieval-armor.jpg

Actually, the term longsword in Medieval contexts refers to a longer-grip for two handed use. Most of what you see in medieval manuals deals with using these swords (half-swording etc as well). What you're describing is mostly an Arming Sword or Knightly Sword.

'Great Swords' where that is a term would mostly be applied to the frankly ridiculous swords you start to get as Pike-Blocks become more of a standard tactic so your Zweihanders, Claymores and Flamberges etc.

Longsword in terms of a one handed weapon is mostly a invention of Mr Gygax along with Chainmail rather then Chain or Maille.

Also coifs were open below the chin, they would have been slightly tighter to the neck then is usually seen nowadays but a ventail would be used to cover the lower face when required (basically a square of mail with a leather backing that could be tied up like a surgical mask.

I have been wondering if you show the actual amount of arrows in the quiver?

Its a small thing, but maybe it could be important for MP, when you know your opponent is low on arrows and you dont have to zig zag :wink:

Also looking forward to a new look on the campaign map, and a confirmation on the "killing lords & children inheritance" thing, thats been popping up from time to time. :ohdear: :party:

Greetings!

Does anyone know (especially someone from Tale Worlds), if there is any chance in M&B Bannerlord to fight with 2 one-handed swords? (You switch your shield for a sword). My imagination says that it is possible to do such things, but I've never read about it and don't know if the developers are planning to do sth like that.

Back
Top Bottom