Dev Blog 12/04/18

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml][IMG]https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_35_taleworldswebsite.jpg[/IMG] If you have been following these weekly updates for some time now, you will know that our aim for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord isn’t just to provide players with bigger, more epic battles, but also to refine existing mechanics from the series and add small details to the game to make it feel more believable and immersive. In this week’s blog, we want to show you another example of how we try to pay close attention to small details by introducing you to a feature which probably won’t catch your eye immediately while playing, but is something which we feel adds to the overall visual fidelity of the game. [/parsehtml]Read more at: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/55

NPC99 said:
Great leather armour.

fbKaE.jpg

Hopefully it's nothing, but his face looks very rectangular as if poking out of a slot. Helmets that hid hair in Warband had more natural/circular openings.

I think it is shadow that frames his face, cast by the helmet and hood. You can see some shadow on his brow, and then darker shadow around the sides of his jaw and beneath the chin.

Dat look good.

Anyway I have a question, I don't know if it was clrafied before. Will there be tattoos and make up options in the game? I'd really like to customize my character with such details.

DanAngleland said:
NPC99 said:
Great leather armour.

fbKaE.jpg

Hopefully it's nothing, but his face looks very rectangular as if poking out of a slot. Helmets that hid hair in Warband had more natural/circular openings.

I think it is shadow that frames his face, cast by the helmet and hood. You can see some shadow on his brow, and then darker shadow around the sides of his jaw and beneath the chin.

I hope you're right, but it still looks odd when magnified.

0woGe.jpg

just want to share this image, maybe this can help in drawing sword from the back immersion or new type for scabbard, i dont know from what era this is from or is this actually modern thing.
main-qimg-8703af34a16a616e983bcccc42659952

hiul said:
just want to share this image, maybe this can help in drawing sword from the back immersion or new type for scabbard, i dont know from what era this is from or is this actually modern thing.
I actually liked the fact that the 2h weapons on the back didn't have a scabbard, it solved the problem just knowing that you would put the thing on your back with strings or something only before a battle.

Interesting, I'm really curious in the way recruitment will work though. Any chance we will get a devblog about that sometime too?
Maybe it was already covered somewhere, but I haven't noticed

Innocent Flower said:
You could make the back-scabbard look really nice if it was done like a sling where the character'd artfully either adjust the sheath from his back to draw the sword, or did something crazy like threw the sword straight up to catch it.

I hope you can choose where to put your sword. I'd like still like to prioritize away from putting swords on your back, and I think most units aren't "MC" enough for sword on back.

You wont be able to choose where to put weapons (other than inventory or equipped). Two handed swords go to your back, and one handed on the sides.

Karkurdu said:
Dat look good.

Anyway I have a question, I don't know if it was clrafied before. Will there be tattoos and make up options in the game? I'd really like to customize my character with such details.

Yes there will.
You can see it in a gamepkay footage from 2016 gamescon (i think)
https://youtu.be/EqzDR54FvE4
The icon in the right is facepaints/tatoos whatever

Dazzer said:
Interesting, I'm really curious in the way recruitment will work though. Any chance we will get a devblog about that sometime too?

Really? You know nothing? I mean, we havent got much detail, but there is a really old blog about it(and other things), and also a video.
Basically, you can recruit troops from other lords, given that you are in their faction and have good relation

duudes I dont wanna be an egocentric prick because of course anyone in TW could suggest that feature on the game, but I made a post about it on the forums and I'm almost crying now. Of course they tought the idea a lot better in therms of multiplayer gameplay, but I'm feeling like god heard me.  :lol: :lol:

bjorntheconquerer said:
By the way, what kind of sword is he carrying on his back in the gif, If the sword is not totally fictional.
The guard of it and it being that thin looks good.
The two-handed sword in the gif is basically fictional. It's hard to make out the details from the gif, but it looks kinda like they made a longsword version of a migration period sword.
That isn't a problem IMO. It still looks plausible and while longer quillons and a more suitable pommel design would be useful it still would be pretty functional.
If they were trying to be historically accurate with this whole thing, then the timeframe is before the advent of longswords (in the two-handed sense) anyway. Not including them would be kinda lame.

Rackie said:
Dazzer said:

Really? You know nothing? I mean, we havent got much detail, but there is a really old blog about it(and other things), and also a video.
Basically, you can recruit troops from other lords, given that you are in their faction and have good relation
Yeah I havent read those old blogs. Do you have a link to the blog by chance?

I hope that some swords will be drawn from the right hip, Celt/Roman style:
https://imgur.com/a/jfoVo

Also I'd prefer it if the back-scabbard would be reserved only for the most massive swords. By adjusting the way the sword hangs you can go to some extreme lengths, no pun intended. Also it looks badass.

Sorry I have to be that guy but what honestly happened? Didn't we at some point get told a 2016 release was planned? Now I understand that there can be delays but 2 years and we still know nothing...
And honestly I don't mind the delay at this point, it's done when it's done I get it :smile: But i'm just curios as to what happened and why the delay has been so vast. Like did you decide to add some new features or?

This is awesome news!  This issue always bugged me in warband as well as many other games.
I spent many an hour searching for skyrim mods to accomplish this very task.

Great work Taleworlds, good blog as well.
These small community updates are great!

,,Oh, and before anyone comments on the two-handed sword being carried on the back, we are fully aware that this isn’t entirely historically accurate, but we think it looks cool nevertheless!"

I'm devastated...  :lol: At least something to shut the mouths of irritating I-want-100%-realistic-BL-even-in-the-terms-of-haircut people. :grin:

And question: what if I want to carry 4 shields (I know it's stupid, but people could want to know ,,what if I make something like this...?"), or 4 big polearms such as halberd/lance? Will it be displayed on our character?

Not really an interesting Dev blog to be fully honest. These little things are important and make the big picture better, but honestly we need something that has a bigger impact.

Back
Top Bottom