Dev Blog 05/12/19

Users who are viewing this thread

6ba40c0e1ec85b110b319a58955d975bbdc72835.jpg

Medieval kingdoms were fraught with internal power struggles, and in many instances, the most powerful people in a realm didn’t sit directly on the throne. Instead, they wielded their influence to shape the kingdom in their image or changed the course of history completely by throwing their weight behind sweeping changes that eroded the power of those above them.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/132

Last edited by a moderator:
The blog is nice and interesting, altough should not be there something about the forum?

Next week, we will follow up on this post by introducing you to our new forums, explaining what the changes will mean for our current forumites and detailing all of the new features that will be made available to you

Noudelle said:
Cool, but where's the forum update?
Delayed?

Yeah, my apologies about that. I kinda got ahead of myself and it turned out that we had a bit more to do before they are ready to go. Hopefully, they will come next week, providing everything goes to plan! Once they are ready we will post an announcement which introduces everyone to the new features. Unfortunately, it will mean that the forums go down for a day or two while we make the transition but it will be worth it, I can assure you of that.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Noudelle said:
Delayed?

Yeah, my apologies about that. I kinda got ahead of myself and it turned out that we had a bit more to do before they are ready to go. Hopefully, they will come next week, providing everything goes to plan! Once they are ready we will post an announcement which introduces everyone to the new features. Unfortunately, it will mean that the forums go down for a day or two while we make the transition but it will be worth it, I can assure you of that.
Cool. Thanks for the response.

If you don't explain the diplomatic options, decisions of war and peace and what "annexation" means... it will be a wasted blog to which I will put the empty info tag.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Noudelle said:
Delayed?

Haha, a bit like when you replied that you wouldn't update/add anything to the "features" tab since we would be getting a new website "soon"...
That was like what, a year ago? Or two? xd

Terco_Viejo said:
If you don't explain the diplomatic options, decisions of war and peace and what "annexation" means... it will be a wasted blog to which I will put the empty info tag.

Uhh annexation as in annexing? Conquering? What else could it mean.

Most of this stuff we managed to figure out already, but it's interesting to read about the sponsors thing. The fact that the ruler can/has to spend influence to overrule majority vote is a welcome addition as well. I'm still not sold on the diplomacy mana concept, but glad to see it being put to good use - though I still don't think that 'influence' is a most fortunate name for it considering that even this blog shows that its levels will fluctuate wildly.

EDIT: Judging by how it appeared at some point in the clans screen (I think?) and it doesn't seem to appear in any other category, I assume that 'annexation' means taking fiefs from other clans inside the same kingdom. Would be nice to get it cleared up, though.

EDIT 2: This is what I meant, note the 'Annex' button, it starts a vote:
blog_post_60_taleworldswebsite_03.jpg

Terco_Viejo said:
If you don't explain the diplomatic options, decisions of war and peace and what "annexation" means [...]
Or "kingdom laws", will there be laws that forbids to carry swords as a non noble, or sell certain good in the factions.
Such laws could have a huge influence on the gameplay, for example we would have to change our enterprises, because they are not allowed to sell their goods in the town.

Annexation could be a reason to start a war, as it is in Warband. Maybe a surprise atttack instead of a declaration of war.

So steam is the first place that blogs come out on, interesting, noticed it just now, must've been at least 15 minutes ahead of forum...
Nevertheless, seems like you aleady started circling arround the important information on purpose for a while now.
That's understandable, you guys want to finish  stuff well before announcing them, and also having a surprise factor on your side for some super cool features is not half bad.

Therefore, if i may suggest that in some next blogs you, Callum, put some statistics you guys extracted from the Beta so far. It would be super useful for us to see what has been changing over the course of the Beta, and how that influenced player choice and match outcomes. Stuff like that .

Ettenrocal said:
Sponsor term is kind of weird for medieval game, i would more call the sponsors "supporters" cause they support a cause with their influence.
Sponsors are heads of the parties that appear with every decision, they're more than just supporters. In this context it's not a sponsor in a sense of some ad campaign, but as in person forwarding a legislative idea. Maybe a 'leader' would be a more fortunate term.

vota dc said:
What happens if you fail annexation vote? You occupy the Land and are forced to give back for peace?
From the Dev Blog 04/10/18:
There is also an option in this tab which lets you spend a large sum of influence to try and retract a fief from another lord. However, this is still subject to a vote from the other lords and the person on the receiving end of this action may not be too pleased with your meddling. If the vote is successful, then a second vote will begin to decide who will take control of the fief.
I assume that if you fail, then the fief remains in hands of its owner and they hate you now.

Back
Top Bottom