Dev Blog 02/05/19

Currently viewing this thread:

In this week’s blog, we want to take a small step back from the game to tell you about our plans for this summer’s Gamescom, something that we’ve been asked about many times in the past few weeks. Yes, we will be attending Gamescom in Cologne, Germany this August (no surprise there, eh!).


Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/108
 

Cavazz_99

Recruit
So, no gameplay info, another screenshot, no video, and the beta test will be limited to people who can afford to pay for flight tickets to Germany and to the event.

You have until half of 2020, before I believe that this game is truly in development hell. Release it by june 2020 or I will continue patiently waiting for the game to release.

That's better. --Orion
 
Isn't that in almost 4 months?
If you guys are so serious about Gamescom this early, that can only mean a release date announcement there and then.
 

Noudelle

Grandmaster Knight
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Nice screenshot apart from the blood stains on the ground.
One thing that intrigues me: It looks as if the horseman is stabbing someone that's laying on the ground?

IoYyRJJ.jpg


Was our boi Fudachet onto something among his ramblings? There's definitely something happening here.

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Isn't that in almost 4 months?
If you guys are so serious about Gamescom this early, that can only mean a release date announcement there and then.
That's what I'm thinking too.
Please.
 

HawkyX

Regular
Cavazz_99 said:
and the beta test will be limited to people who can afford to pay for flight tickets to Germany and to the event.
I think you read that wrong.

[quote author=blog post]We will talk a little more about what to expect from us at Gamescom in a future blog, as well as, discussing our plans for the upcoming beta[/quote]
Meaning while attendants of Gamescom can play the game at the event, there will be beta before/after the event. Though I think they said it will be closed beta with participants (randomly?) chosen from community (guess they'll give higher chance to players who know how to act on forums haha).

//Edited: added "before" the event... true since the event is in August and beta could come sooner
//EDIT2: Also, spotted a time jumper!
 

Callum

Community Manager
Just to be clear, the beta and Gamescom are two completely different things and are not entirely connected. We wanted to share this info about us attending the public area for the first time and be clear about what part of the game we will be showing there in case you decide to attend and want to try the game for yourself.

Noudelle said:
One thing that intrigues me: It looks as if the horseman is stabbing someone that's laying on the ground?

IoYyRJJ.jpg

I believe the horseman just stabbed the guy who is falling to the ground. :smile:
 
I think the chance for 2019 release deteriorated greatly with this.

If beta is going to happen after the 8th month of the year then even if they make it in the 9th month, 3 months are not enough to release the game.

I mean why would they release it just 3 months after they give beta ?
 

BayBear

Knight
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Just to be clear, the beta and Gamescom are two completely different things and are not entirely connected. We wanted to share this info about us attending the public area for the first time and be clear about what part of the game we will be showing there in case you decide to attend and want to try the game for yourself.

Thanks for the clarification. From our point of view every action Taleworlds makes seems connected even when the reality is they are not.
 

Insider

Squire
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Just to be clear, the beta and Gamescom are two completely different things and are not entirely connected. We wanted to share this info about us attending the public area for the first time and be clear about what part of the game we will be showing there in case you decide to attend and want to try the game for yourself.

Will you have proficient players as well like when you invited Purzelblume and Peter to play the game?
 
Cavazz_99 said:
So, no gameplay info, another screenshot, no video, and the beta test will be limited to people who can afford to pay for flight tickets to Germany and to the event.

You have until half of 2020, before I believe that this game is truly in development hell. Release it by june 2020 or I will <snip>

ooooh spooky.

You're only going to have your account banned if you advocate for piracy.

edit- then again you only created your account today, so you clearly only came here to moan.
 

HawkyX

Regular
KhergitLancer99 said:
I think the chance for 2019 release deteriorated greatly with this.
Beta is already something. It means the game will be in passable state. From there... squishing bugs internal tests didn't find, optimizations and of course continuing development as before.
I wouldn't be surprised if 3 months after closed beta another closed beta appears, maybe with more participants that time. But as release goes, better think of next year for now.
 

Callum

Community Manager
Not sure where we said beta would start after Gamescom. Please try not to jump to conclusions. :wink:
 

Looter

Sergeant Knight
WBNWWF&SVC
Oh_Shumo said:
How much are the plane tickets to germany?

Not a question that can be easily answered without any knowledge about your location, what times you wish to fly, day of the week, round vs. 1-way ticket, airline, seat type, etc. you’ll have to look for travel accommodations that suit you, and seriously consider whether or not to attend.
 

Noudelle

Grandmaster Knight
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Insider said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Just to be clear, the beta and Gamescom are two completely different things and are not entirely connected. We wanted to share this info about us attending the public area for the first time and be clear about what part of the game we will be showing there in case you decide to attend and want to try the game for yourself.

Will you have proficient players as well like when you invited Purzelblume and Peter to play the game?
If it's open to everyone then yeah.
Buy a ticket and show us how it's done.
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Not sure where we said beta would start after Gamescom. Please try not to jump to conclusions. :wink:
This clearly means that the beta will come out before gamescom.
1.png
 

Callum

Community Manager
Do not look here said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Not sure where we said beta would start after Gamescom. Please try not to jump to conclusions. :wink:
Did you really want to open that can of worms?

Just making it clear that there isn't really any need to get yourself worked up over it by making estimates that may or may not turn out to be incorrect.

In other words, it isn't true unless we say it ourselves... And going off our past record, even then it could be wrong.  :mrgreen:
 
Top Bottom