Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Users who are viewing this thread

Wait you found out there's another sequel in the works now?
Though a new trailer is never a bad thing.

Anyway, IW would have been a rather good game if it wasn't a DX successor.
And the way that went makes me rather worried about this one.

And am I the only one that's slightly confused over how..."clean" the augs in this one are?
And it looks slightly too futuristic for DX at times.
I know there was supposed to be an economical crisis or something like it in the original but it still makes little sense.

Post trailer edit: Seems a bit closer to DX than IW. Anyone else?

I have to agree with Hyperion, augmentations seem too clean and not horrifying at all to look at and it looks much too futuristic for Deus Ex. :/

Should be this or nothing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3clVvh5gbGE

Not really sure about Stroggification but...
Be right back.

anna.jpg
gunther.jpg
Nice set of eyes on those two, for a start. And you're sure as hell gonna notice them in the street.

6237.deus610.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg
Remember the eyes in the trailer? And noticeability is at least slightly reduced compared to the other two.

Technology sure stumbled backwards, didn't it?

And something just hit me: Where did all those cities in the sky go in the original?
Scratch that, you didn't see any of them in DX.

Hyperion said:
Not really sure about Stroggification but...
Be right back.

anna.jpg
gunther.jpg
Nice set of eyes on those two, for a start. And you're sure as hell gonna notice them in the street.

6237.deus610.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg
Remember the eyes in the trailer? And noticeability is at least slightly reduced compared to the other two.

And something just hit me: Where did all those cities in the sky go in the original?
Scratch that, you didn't see any of them in DX.

The first images aren't showing.

Rory_Gallagher said:
Meh, cool looking CGI I admit, but without the slightest footage of actual gameplay, the trailer is useless. Elbow-stabbing, rollback kicking and other anime-ish stuff in there are seriously making me doubt whether the game is going to be any good to me. I hope I'm wrong.
I don't take faith in the anime-ish stuff either, if the game is too much like that I'm not going to get it.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=109583

This is information from a PC Gamer UK preview of the game.

Health Regeneration is in. There is a cover system like Rainbow 6 Vegas.  Third Person Stealth Kills are in.  All melee attacks are will apparently switch to third person. 

Well, as always with sequels i will wait and see how they turn out. I have seen way too many sequels fail to bring the feeling of the older games... Hopefully this wont be one of them.

Rory_Gallagher said:
Meh, cool looking CGI I admit, but without the slightest footage of actual gameplay, the trailer is useless. Elbow-stabbing, rollback kicking and other anime-ish stuff in there are seriously making me doubt whether the game is going to be any good to me. I hope I'm wrong.

I agree totally.
Too much anime styled cock waving (way-over the top constant fighting, closeup shots and slow motion) in the trailer.

Hyperion said:
Since when did aesthetics determine the level of technological advancement? For all we know Navarre's eyes allow her to see through time while Alex's implants are little more than a glorified mobile phone.

Pretty nice trailer, although I believe they over-estimate how much we will advance in 17 years.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, it's Deus Ex after all.

Omeene said:
Health Regeneration is in. There is a cover system like Rainbow 6 Vegas.  Third Person Stealth Kills are in.  All melee attacks are will apparently switch to third person.
The last two don't really bother me, but what the **** ever happened to health kits and leaning? I'll be ever so happy once the health regeneration and lock on cover fad goes away.

Gobblecoque said:
Omeene said:
The last two don't really bother me, but what the **** ever happened to health kits and leaning? I'll be ever so happy once the health regeneration and lock on cover fad goes away.

Dev Reason why no medkits:  a controversial departure from previous titles in the series, Deus Ex: Human Revolution will use a regenerating health model. This change was made because the developers didn't want players to get into a situation where they were unable to progress due to low health, and would be forced to "scrounge for med packs."They see this scrounging behavior as breaking the flow of the game when one retreats to search the entire level for medical supplies. They believe their regenerating health model will still encourage tactical and strategy forming retreats, but not to the extent where the tension and flow of the game is disrupted.

Why not use both systems entwined? You can have medkits for instant heals, but your health can regenerate if not in combat.

Back
Top Bottom