Resolved Designated Engineer Companion not used during sieges (no xp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary:
My main Hero's role is set to Quartermaster. I also gain xp over time because of that. (Steward?) But when I attack a castle and prepare the siege on the worldmap, he also gets Engineer XP even though another companion has the role as engineer.
The compaion (Kras Breakskull) has 0 Intelligence, 3 Points in engineer at 14/42xp (got points from something, idk...) and 0 focus points, but/and he is def. not getting xp from sieges.
Not from the one I am observing right now at least.

He has always been the engineer in the party. I did 3 sieges so far and my main hero now is at engineer rank 15.
It looks like the game overrides the role designation and give the job to the most competent/intelligent party member. In this case the main hero has 3 intelligence and therefore can earn siege xp. (highest learning rate in engineer)

Solutions? Maybe add a warning when giving companions roles with low stats "this companion won't earn [role] xp during his assignment due low proficiency" or communicate that this role will be automatically filled by more competent party members.
The game also needs a better variety in terms of companion stats imo.

How to Reproduce: Have main hero with free engineer xp (high intelligence) during siege and use a 0 Intelligence (& 0 focus point) companion as engineer. I think it the highest learning rate is prefered over 0 learning rate.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: e1.0.5 Hotfix
Computer Specs:
GPU: RX590 AMD
CPU: R5 2600 AMD
RAM: 18GB
Motherboard: B450 Pro4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): M2 500GB Samsung 970 EVO

Last edited:
BUMPING THIS. Having the same exact issue. Working with patch 1.09 so this has not changed as it is some kind of bug in the game. I have even assigned my companion as the clan engineer and swapped her in and out again to debug it, but she still won't build anything during sieges. The game is currently running off of my siege skill, which is a pathetic 14 (compared to her 80). This makes having her as a companion almost completely useless.

Version:
Computer Specs
:
GPU: GTX 1080
CPU: i7 4790k
RAM: 32 gb
Motherboard: ASROCK z97 killer
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD 1 TB

On a side note, all the engineers that I have encountered have pathetic intelligence. The game needs to seriously fix how they are generated. They should be having like 6 intelligence at a minimum instead of 9 strength and 6 endurance (like mine currently has). I checked out other engineers and they are pretty much the same (Poor intelligence for an engineer?).

I am having the same issue. My hero is 2 int and had 0 engineering. We started a seige with my hero at 1% health and he is still siege engineer gaining skill (now at 8 ) whilst I have a clan engineer with 1 int and 60 engineering... Its clear the clan engineer isnt doing anything because of how slow the crafting is.

Running into this as well on patch 1.2.0. Also hired an engineer with 80 engineering, gave him the engineering role but my main character is the one who is being used in (very slow) sieges and is gaining engineering skill.

i think surgeon is the same, got guy ith 60 medicine and after hundred of batles he is still on 60 medicine

same issue here. edited my companion engineer to have 10 int (my character has 3) and my character is still gaining engineering levels.

My surgeon and scout works well too, engineer is me, thats why i dont know if i have same problem.
I haven't noticed issues with my surgeon or scout, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have a similar behaviour. So when your scout or medical level is higher, their roles won't be active and only you will gain experience for these roles.

My surgeon, scout and quartermaster roles work. Engineer seems to be bugged however, like others have mentioned my main character who is not assigned a role and has 0 engineer skill is used in sieges over my dedicated engineer who I've assigned the role and has 80 skill.

This is on 1.3.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom