OSP Code Combat Deployable Pavise Shield (Multiplayer 6/6/2010)

Users who are viewing this thread

This idea is awesome!!!! So clever and inovative! Especially since this is just about how crossbowmen used board shield in real life. I hope the new update will include this or something... whatever. Thanks for this!

Hello
When i press G the pavise dont deploy(G in set to drop weapon by default), in fact it drop the weapon and that's all. Is there a thing i miss?

thx fot help

Perfectly working kit. I kind of rewrote it though so it works with spawn_scene_prop and there's no need for placing pavises on the scenes first.

It looks great, I will probably add it to my rigale mod, and give you credit of course. Thanks a lot :smile:

Hmmm, I am having a "get_object failed for body: bo_pavise" when the game loads.

Any idea of what goes wrong ?

Thanks in advance :smile:

bo_anything is the collision_mesh needs to be defined. One can do it in open brf and use/ copy an existing one.
No matter i get this:
Bismarck said:
I really like the idea of your mod, but when trying to implement it, it won't work.

The compiler is giving me a very nasty error: "unexpected indent" while showing at the first bracket of your code in module_mission_templates.py:
( 0, 0, 0,
^

When I delete your code, it compiles without problems. That damn error is stopping the completion of my project. What could be the cause of this nuisance?
instead of a spawnable scene_prop/pavise.

Mirage11 said:
Hello
When i press G the pavise dont deploy(G in set to drop weapon by default), in fact it drop the weapon and that's all. Is there a thing i miss?

thx fot help

same here

how do i put it in native? which one do i download and where do i put it, what to do with the codes? help plz

Awesome work there!

But I have a little problem:

I used the singleplayer/destroyable scripts, and everything worked well.
No errors whyle compliling and the pavise itself works ingame too.

But when I press "g" the character just drops the pavise on the ground instead of pleacing it infront of him.

Have you got any ideas where the problem could be?
I also tried the singleplayer/undestroyable script, but had the same problem.

I simply copied the your scripts into the python files, so there cannot be the problem.
(As allready said, I had also no problems compiling)

Thank's in advance for any help.  :wink:

Life_Erikson said:
Awesome work there!

But when I press "g" the character just drops the pavise on the ground instead of pleacing it infront of him.

I simply copied the your scripts into the python files, so there cannot be the problem.

Go to the control options screen. Check if your 'g' key isn't mapped to 'drop weapon'.

Howitzer said:
Life_Erikson said:
Awesome work there!

Go to the control options screen. Check if your 'g' key isn't mapped to 'drop weapon'.

Allready tried this before. Then pressing "g" doesn't do anything.

I'm trying to figure out a heraldic version of this, so far i got the heraldic tableau mesh to work on the shield but as soon as you plant it the texture turns transparent. I'll continue working this out but if anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Dawg of War said:
I'm trying to figure out a heraldic version of this, so far i got the heraldic tableau mesh to work on the shield but as soon as you plant it the texture turns transparent. I'll continue working this out but if anyone has any suggestions let me know!

You need to take the heraldic shields script in the module_items.py text for it. Otherwise it will show up like that.

You need:
Code:
["pavise", "Pavise Shield",   [("tableau_shield_pavise_1" ,0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_shield|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_wooden_parry, itcf_carry_board_shield,  
488 , weight(6.6)|hit_points(660)|body_armor(16)|spd_rtng(60)|shield_width(57)|shield_height(132),imodbits_shield,
 [(ti_on_init_item, [(store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_no"),(store_trigger_param_2, ":troop_no"),(call_script, "script_shield_item_set_banner", "tableau_pavise_shield_1", ":agent_no", ":troop_no")])]],

Instead of:
Code:
["pavise", "Pavise Shield",   [("pavise_wep" ,0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_shield|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_wooden_parry, itcf_carry_board_shield,  
488 , weight(6.6)|hit_points(660)|body_armor(16)|spd_rtng(60)|shield_width(57)|shield_height(132),imodbits_shield ],

And I still have the same problem with dropping the pavise. Could somebody please help me?

Life_Erikson said:
Dawg of War said:

You need to take the heraldic shields script in the module_items.py text for it. Otherwise it will show up like that.

You need:
Code:
["pavise", "Pavise Shield",   [("tableau_shield_pavise_1" ,0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_shield|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_wooden_parry, itcf_carry_board_shield,  
488 , weight(6.6)|hit_points(660)|body_armor(16)|spd_rtng(60)|shield_width(57)|shield_height(132),imodbits_shield,
 [(ti_on_init_item, [(store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_no"),(store_trigger_param_2, ":troop_no"),(call_script, "script_shield_item_set_banner", "tableau_pavise_shield_1", ":agent_no", ":troop_no")])]],

Instead of:
Code:
["pavise", "Pavise Shield",   [("pavise_wep" ,0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_shield|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_wooden_parry, itcf_carry_board_shield,  
488 , weight(6.6)|hit_points(660)|body_armor(16)|spd_rtng(60)|shield_width(57)|shield_height(132),imodbits_shield ],

And I still have the same problem with dropping the pavise. Could somebody please help me?

Yea that's what I have done from the beginning, but thanks for the feedback!

Also that is very odd about the problems you are having with the pavise, I have used both versions of those scripts and they both worked fine. Hows the resource file look? module scene props?  Hope you get it figured out.

Back
Top Bottom