Demon Mod (Download and original thread) (new 0.9 patch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kreivi said:
Awesome to hear you're still working on this!
I got to say the last few times we've been playing Fire and Sword with this mod have been my all-time gaming highlights. Right up there with finishing Gradius final boss.

And DruidWu reckoned I ought to link the video I made of our sessions.  :twisted:

http://youtu.be/_2oCveoTOtM
Glad to hear you liked the mod  :mrgreen:
You did a nice job on that video, would you be interested in making a trailer for 0.7 in the future?

sort-of late announcement

Patch 0.7 will be a large patch adding 50% more ai troops and some new maps. With the scale and complexity of the patch, I'll be needing a long list of testers. Everyone is welcome, just PM me your nickname and email for dropbox and you will be added to the list. Once I have a large enough team, the position may be closed in the future to keep things organized. You don't have to be great at MnB, the only requirement is that you play the mod for a while and provide feedback.

(how it works)
The testing team will be separated into 6 groups playing slightly different versions of the mod in beginner, veteran, and elite waves. Some versions of the mod will feature only the new troops, others will include all of them. There will be several online sessions where any available members from the 3 groups will participate in a few full games, the rest of the time you're expected to play by yourself. There will also be a reserve team - for later in development in case the normal testers get tired of playing.

Invite your friends  :mrgreen:

Bad Idea said:
You did a nice job on that video, would you be interested in making a trailer for 0.7 in the future?

Um... sure!
I can be very tardy about it though, so don't hold your breath once you release the patch. :razz:

Bad Idea said:
sort-of late announcement

Patch 0.7 will be a large patch adding 50% more ai troops and some new maps. With the scale and complexity of the patch, I'll be needing a long list of testers. Everyone is welcome, just PM me your nickname and email for dropbox and you will be added to the list. Once I have a large enough team, the position may be closed in the future to keep things organized. You don't have to be great at MnB, the only requirement is that you play the mod for a while and provide feedback.

(how it works)
The testing team will be separated into 6 groups playing slightly different versions of the mod in beginner, veteran, and elite waves. Some versions of the mod will feature only the new troops, others will include all of them. There will be several online sessions where any available members from the 3 groups will participate in a few full games, the rest of the time you're expected to play by yourself. There will also be a reserve team - for later in development in case the normal testers get tired of playing.

Invite your friends  :mrgreen:

Suweeet. Sounds great. My friend and I had a lot of fun with 0.4 version. :smile:

Been playing demon mod for a while now, any estimate on when the Assassins will get their 3rd Class? Shadow and Archer get a bit boring after a while, also, love the magicians. Great new faction. Great work so far!

-Wind.

Kreivi said:
Bad Idea said:

Um... sure!
I can be very tardy about it though, so don't hold your breath once you release the patch. :razz:
Tardy is perfectly fine.
Also, you'll have a workable version for the trailer long before it's balanced and released.

Windbusche said:
Been playing demon mod for a while now, any estimate on when the Assassins will get their 3rd Class? Shadow and Archer get a bit boring after a while, also, love the magicians. Great new faction. Great work so far!

-Wind.
I haven't really decided on a third class for assassins. If I do make one it may be after 0.7

Hello Bad Idea,

I have been playing your Demon Mod for months, it is really awesome. I like your work, it takes probably multiple hours a day.
Although I have been reading this board for a long time, I created now a account to tell you this.

I have got some tips for you ( for the next update) :
1. Please make the horses respawn if dead: You can also commit suicide to get a new horse, but this is a risk as you may sometimes loose the round if you die to get one.

2. In "All Classes" the bots are at every troop swedish troops. Could you make the proper bots to the troops that you can have eg Crusader Archer with Crusader Soldiers and Guardian with Grey Knight Soldiers in a game ?

3. Maybe: It would be really cool if you would implement a "Switch to bot on death" feature.

Keep up the good work and
Thank you in advance

SebbiUltimate

i definatly agree with the all classes bots. Those swedish guys cant stand up to the brute force of the demons. Specially in the early levels

Furrnox said:
Is there any servers up for this mod?
Not at the moment  :/ I had a problem with the server hosting
SebbiUltimate said:
Hello Bad Idea,

I have been playing your Demon Mod for months, it is really awesome. I like your work, it takes probably multiple hours a day.
Although I have been reading this board for a long time, I created now a account to tell you this.

I have got some tips for you ( for the next update) :
1. Please make the horses respawn if dead: You can also commit suicide to get a new horse, but this is a risk as you may sometimes loose the round if you die to get one.

2. In "All Classes" the bots are at every troop swedish troops. Could you make the proper bots to the troops that you can have eg Crusader Archer with Crusader Soldiers and Guardian with Grey Knight Soldiers in a game ?

3. Maybe: It would be really cool if you would implement a "Switch to bot on death" feature.

Keep up the good work and
Thank you in advance

SebbiUltimate

Very encouraging to hear the mod has kept some players from a while back
All three of those suggestions seem do-able, with 2 being the  easiest.

Been working on 0.7 Here's some quick screenies showing off a few of the new enemies.
As you can see, they're a little.....different from the regular demons  :twisted:

2012072100007j.jpg

2012072100005.jpg

2012072100001x.jpg

2012071800001.jpg

Love this mod. It has exponentially increased how much I play WFaS with my friends.

I'd like to ask for a few improvements though, such as expanded weapon selection for a few classes and a larger selection of armour, esp. for the classes that only have 1/2 armours to begin with. Even if they just have a slightly reduced weight.

Loving what you're doing. PM me if there is anyway I can help

do you all use steam for it?
and can i have alpha just to fix my problem so if others do have it you can fix it and tell them how?

chrojoh said:
do you all use steam for it?
and can i have alpha just to fix my problem so if others do have it you can fix it and tell them how?
I'm uploading a full version of 0.6 with luck it should work

SebbiUltimate said:
In "All Classes" the bots are at every troop swedish troops. Could you make the proper bots to the troops that you can have eg Crusader Archer with Crusader Soldiers and Guardian with Grey Knight Soldiers in a game ?

2012072700001.jpg

Today I finished a code to do just that. You can see in the picture I selected a crusader class, then killed off most of my squad and selected an assassin class. I'm pretty excited how well this worked.

One quickie update: I will now refer to 0.7 properly as BETA instead of ALPHA

Bad Idea said:
Today I finished a code to do just that. You can see in the picture I selected a crusader class, then killed of most of my squad and selected an assassin class. I'm pretty excited how well this worked.
Wow, thank you Bad Idea.  I always await your updates.  :smile:

YourStepDad said:
Suweet.

Also, if I may ask - when approximately will you send the beta? :razz:

In a couple of hours, actually :grin:

EDIT: correction, the upload will be  firsr thing tommorow. A separate test server will be up for a little while so we can all play together :grin:

Back
Top Bottom