SP - General deGoucan Scrolls - Feedback Indexation

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm just making this post to create a compilation thread indexing with links to the feedbacks I've provide and will continue to provide.
I'll be commenting here from time to time to give it a *bump* whenever I add new content to it.
And I'll also add a link to the bottom of my every feedback that is added here to return to this Index as well, even the ones I've already previously posted.

I will not be adding every single feedback and bug report I ever did, just the ones I personally believe to be my best or most pertinent content to better organize my thoughts and try to give a bit more visibility to that which I truly believe to be important and would very much like to see as native in the vanilla game.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Smaller clans ARISE! Affinity and Military Alliances. => An overhaul to the game's relationship and diplomacy system.
Coins, coins, COINS! => An overhaul of the trading system regarding realism by implementing multiple coins and the ability to melt coins.
Marry almost anyone, new dialogue interactions and companion recruitment paths. => NPC interaction, names, marriage & companion options.

Exhaustion, Stamina, Immersion Mini-Games, New Clan Positions & Skill/Perks/Attributes Alterations. => Compilation thread with a small focus.

Damage Types => Armors would have specific types of resistance just as there are multiple types of damage.

Smaller makes bigger? Size and Models randomized variations. => Variations to the models to make the world feel bigger and more unique.

Tournament Finals Cutscene and Option to Skip Cutscene => Short animation for tournament finals and option to skip cutscenes.

Suggestions and Inspiration for Ship Battles and Commanding. => Ship battles and reference for inspiration.

Workshops => Suggested overhaul for the Workshops scene and system.

Small Civilian/Mercenary/Notable Parties => Small non-noble roaming parties.

- Where doest thy Loyalty lie? => Alterations to the loyalty system and possibility of rebellions and revolts in settlements.

Companions and the AI => AI hiring companions, AI marriages, Companion number modifiers and Caravans.

Governor for hire => A way to have a governor that does not belong to your clan to take care of your settlements by hiring them.

Settlement Management => New tools in order to help players better manage their fiefs and an alteration to settlements "Prosperity".

Layered Customizable Scar & War Paint Interface => Changes to Character Customization allowing for multiple scars and war paints.

Hide Helmet => Giving the player the option to hide the currently worn helmet.

Save Options => New campaign options regarding the saves to create added realism for the game.

Highlighting => Making the Alt key also highlight enemies, heroes, siege weapons and arrow buckets.

Carriages => Implementation of carriages to the game.

Portable Siege => Implementation of a new mechanic to allow for the pre-battle deployment and carrying of Siege Devices for normal battles.

Shepherd Sling => Adding Shepherd Slings to the game as a possible and widely used weapon for tier 1 and tier 0 troops.

Spears are weak. => Request for rebalancing of damage and correction to proper spear holding technique in the game.

Drop EVERYTHING => Suggestion that dead characters should drop all their pickable equipment and not only the item at hand.

Customize Max Tier Troops into Elites => Allowing the customization of max tiered troops and turning them into random named "Elite" troops.

Issuing orders and information network => Commanding parties and armies of your kingdom and information gathering.

Break arrows => Adding the ability to break arrows that are currently piercing the characters body.

Finances => Suggestion of rework on the UI's finance information.

The other hand => Addition of left-handed people to the world and consideration to left-handed players.

Fiefs => Being allowed to award a fief to any clan with 0% votes and to award fiefs belonging to the ruler clan when you are the ruler.

Cavalry charge behaves sort of like infantry. => Feedbacks on the cavalry behavior and charge damage.

Peace & War declarations => Considerations that peace treaties should last for a while and players that break it should lose relation to nobles.

Prisoner heroes magically disappearing is BORING! => Mini-game to stop escape attempts by and to escape when prisoners.

Food for the starving. => Being allowed to fill a settlement's granary out of your inventory to provide them with food.

I am not allowed to talk with you. => Being allowed to talk to your own prisoners and possibly carrying a torch to light dungeons.

Manage villages? => Adding the ability to manage villages of your settlements like you do to castles and towns.

Quite Insufferable... => Feedbacks on the state of bandit hideouts.

Some clothes that should be useable as civilian outfit are not => Allowing more clothing options as civilian outfit out of the game clothes.

One pretty bothersome thing => Allowing the player to choose which horse is gonna be used to upgrade a troop.

About the smithy's smithing system. => Feedbacks on the current smithing system.

Sprinting, maybe? => Adding the ability to sprint by consuming a stamina bar the grows with your athletics level by holding down the Shift key.

Last edited:
Edited to add in the post on companion interaction, dialogue, names, marriage and new paths for companion recruitment or quest providing.

Edited to add in the post on AI hiring companions, AI marriages, Companion number modifiers based on attribute and Hiring Caravans w/o companions.

Edited to add in the post on breaking arrows that might be stuck to the character's body in a way that they are blocking the player's view.

Edited to add in the new post requesting for a rebalance to spears damage and correction to proper spear holding technique.

Last edited:
Edited to add in the new post requesting for a rebalance to spears damage and correction to proper spear holding technique.

Spears are fine as they are but sure some higher tier ones could be tweaked a little since the lower ones can be quite better even if they lack a little bit range though (and im not talking about polearms)

And let me remind you this is a low level character with a t3 spear. So when higher skills comes in you will be faster with poking your fallacy. And i also do now 140 dmg in good hits with it on lvl 100 spearskill, so you can guess what a machine it will be later.with higher tier weapon to, Im still trying to figure out if one handed raider 1 perk affects your 1/2 handed spear when you have it in thrust mode

Last edited:
Spears are fine as they are but sure some higher tier ones could be tweaked a little though

And let me remind you this is a low level character with a t3 spear. So when higher skills comes in you will be faster with poking your fallacy. And i also do now 140 dmg in good hits with it on lvl 100 spearskill, so you can guess what a machine it will be later.with higher tier weapon to, Im still trying to figure out if one handed raider 1 perk affects your 1/2 handed spear when you have it in thrust mode

I would prefer if you had answered inside the spears post, but either way.
Even from your videos, one can see that spears really aren't fine as they are.

On your first video, you hit the horse by accident and caused 2 damage to it.
When the character holds the spear up defending, which you used as a victory celebration, you can see that that spear is not even 1 person tall in length, which would be considered a short spear, very short really.

It is noticeable that cavalry is holding the spear closer to its middle and not to its 3/4 mark, which is improper technique losing length and your average damage was 50, at times 25-30, which it should be closer to 75 with the lowest of damage to armored characters being between 10 to 25 and the highest to enemies without armor being between 100 to 150.

The only damage currently calculated right in spears is couch lancing, which is indeed devastating as it should be, which is also being made ineffective to how strong it should actually be with proper technique giving it the correct length available for your strike to hit.

@Dr-Shinobi
I also made my characters, in all 3 playthroughs of single player I currently have, one of which I conquered 100% of the map using only spear on horseback and now I use bow and spear.
I studied a bit of history for fun and have done martial arts in the past and I tell you with 100% certainty that spears need some love from the devs.
Fixing the spear holding technique and bumping just a bit of the damage would really do wonders.

I would prefer if you had answered inside the spears post, but either way.
Even from your videos, one can see that spears really aren't fine as they are.
You your first video, you hit the horse by accident and caused 2 damage to it.
when the character holds the spear up defending, which you used as a victory celebration, you can see that that spear is not even 1 person tall in length, which would be considered a short spear, very short really.
It is noticeable that cavalry is holding the spear closer to its middle and not to its 3/4 mark, which is improper technique losing length and your average damage was 50, at times 25-30, which it should be closer to 75 with the lowest of damage to armored characters being between 10 to 25 and the highest to enemies without armor being between 100 to 150.
The only damage currently calculated right in spears is couch lancing, which is indeed devastating as it should be, which is also being made ineffective to how strong it should actually be with proper technique giving it the correct length available for your strike to hit.

well when you miss hit which you do with all weapons it produces low damage. But sure if you want to buff it even more which i think will be to OP since my spear atm is performing if not even better then the two handed axe when i was playing berserker. And with that said i can keep range as well on top of it. It depends on where and how i hit along with speed so the damage isnt consistant like you think. Like i said i can do 140 in damage foot against foot on good hits and are only lvl 100 atm in spear with an T3 spear to add which is quite some damage for an one handed, ranged weapon to add with shield

Last edited:
@Dr-Shinobi
I also made my characters, in all 3 playthroughs of single player I currently have, one of which I conquered 100% of the map using only spear on horseback and now I use bow and spear.
I studied a bit of history for fun and have done martial arts in the past and I tell you with 100% certainty that spears need some love from the devs.
Fixing the spear holding technique and bumping just a bit of the damage would really do wonders.

can understand that but then they cant implement that if they dont nerf it more especially on multiplayer since you gonna be both utilize cover even more + be faster. But sure something animation wise they could be fixing but still i like how it looks and perform atm

can understand that but then they cant implement that if they dont nerf it more especially on multiplayer since you gonna be both utilize cover even more + be faster. But sure something animation wise they could be fixing but still i like how it looks and perform atm
Just fixing length and holding technique would already make me just oh soooooo happy.
Spears are indeed supposed to be OP.
They WERE OP. That is why they were even more widely used by both cavalry and infantry throughout history than any other weapon and one of humanities first melee weapon.

Just look at this:
image-20160223-16429-1uwyaoy.jpg

Just fixing length and holding technique would already make me just oh soooooo happy.
Spears are indeed supposed to be OP.
They WERE OP. That is why they were even more widely used by both cavalry and infantry throughout history than any other weapon and one of humanities first melee weapon.

Just look at this:
image-20160223-16429-1uwyaoy.jpg

Ok if they just switched the animation it would be fine in my opinion but buffing em in length, damage and speed,,,, just no :wink:

Last edited:
Btw i got myself a longer spear now and even if the stats looks worser then the shorter ones because of its length it even itself up along with skills so dont discourage. When you see steel grab it :smile:

Back
Top Bottom