Defusing a troublesome situation

Users who are viewing this thread

Caliostro

Recruit
So I'm having a lot of fun, conquering stuff with the nords, yatta, yatta, yatta...

Long story short, I'm slowly building the base of my empire. Part of that involves recruiting the "heroes". Since the first two heroes I recruited were Nizar and Ymira, I decided to go with the 9 NPC stable configuration #2 in this thread.

Turns out, that only too late did I discover that there's a typo in that guide, and it should be Borcha instead of Deshavi, as evidenced by the fact that Borcha has a friend in the party (Marnid), and Deshavi has jack****.

...All the better too, because Deshavi annoys the life out of me. "OH I'M SO TIRED OF ALL THE FIGHTING AND KILLING!". Well excuuuuuse me for constantly winning wars princess. You joined an army dip****. What did you honestly expect? Knitting wars?

Either ways... Deshavi is now miserable, and a couple in-game hours after my savepoint (non-realistic saving), she's gonna tell me she has a deep urgency to be anywhere I'm not present. Normally I'd be fine and dandy with this, except I'm going to need her later once I start my own empire and need people to be trusty vassals, etc.

On top of that, I'm fighting a 3 front war with the nords, bloody hell, against Vaegirs, Swadians and Sarranid. Yeah, we Nords got a WEE BIT too far in the whole conquering business (namely all our base lands + the entire Dhirrim surrounding area), so everyone's declaring war on us to stop it. I expect to soon be facing an army of roughly 1000 men charging my castle, that has less than 4 elite troops garrisoned... Times are hard, but we'll survive.

Point being, how can I handle Dishavi as not to lose her permanently? If I told her to "part ways" (i.e.: fired) her now, before she quits, would she basically go back to running around taverns till I rehire? Will she disappear permanently if I let her quit herself, or can she be rehired later?

...Ain't no rest for the wicked...

Cheers.

Caliostro said:
So I'm having a lot of fun, conquering stuff with the nords, yatta, yatta, yatta...

Long story short, I'm slowly building the base of my empire. Part of that involves recruiting the "heroes". Since the first two heroes I recruited were Nizar and Ymira, I decided to go with the 9 NPC stable configuration #2 in this thread.

Turns out, that only too late did I discover that there's a typo in that guide, and it should be Borcha instead of Deshavi, as evidenced by the fact that Borcha has a friend in the party (Marnid), and Deshavi has jack****.

...All the better too, because Deshavi annoys the life out of me. "OH I'M SO TIRED OF ALL THE FIGHTING AND KILLING!". Well excuuuuuse me for constantly winning wars princess. You joined an army dip****. What did you honestly expect? Knitting wars?

Either ways... Deshavi is now miserable, and a couple in-game hours after my savepoint (non-realistic saving), she's gonna tell me she has a deep urgency to be anywhere I'm not present. Normally I'd be fine and dandy with this, except I'm going to need her later once I start my own empire and need people to be trusty vassals, etc.

On top of that, I'm fighting a 3 front war with the nords, bloody hell, against Vaegirs, Swadians and Sarranid. Yeah, we Nords got a WEE BIT too far in the whole conquering business (namely all our base lands + the entire Dhirrim surrounding area), so everyone's declaring war on us to stop it. I expect to soon be facing an army of roughly 1000 men charging my castle, that has less than 4 elite troops garrisoned... Times are hard, but we'll survive.

Point being, how can I handle Dishavi as not to lose her permanently? If I told her to "part ways" (i.e.: fired) her now, before she quits, would she basically go back to running around taverns till I rehire? Will she disappear permanently if I let her quit herself, or can she be rehired later?

...Ain't no rest for the wicked...

Cheers.

From my personal experience companions are much more useful in your party than as vassals. To answer your other question I would send Devashi away until you create your kingdom and then rehire her and instantly make her a vassal.

Hope this helps..

I have noticed that the Loyalty of those Companions who leave, are the same when you re-hire them as they are when they left, their loyalty doesn't reset back to 99.  As another poster said, re-hire her - make her a Lord and ignore her, if you're that desperate for Lords at the beginning and you have fiefs to spare.  Hopefully you've skilled her up to a high enough level before she left so she'll field a decent army (tho still small compared to regular Lords). 

Don't forget to send her on her RTR and the 'Get Intelligence on Faction Lords' Missions before you kick her out.

Caliostro said:

Rofles

Caliostro said:

Yes she can be rehired later. Also there is an option in TweakMB ( http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1751 ) that makes it impossible for heroes to leave your party. The program modifies some parameters of your game, works for native or mods and you dont have to start a new game. 

Not sure why anyone else hasnt spotted it, but that "Stable NPC Config #2" isnt actually stable.

Alayen has 2 dislikes (Nizar and Marnid), although having said that he's never quit on me to date using that config.

Just done a quick bit of working out, this one seems more reliable:

Alayen + Ymira, Nizar + Matheld, Bunduk + Katrin, Rolph + Baheshtur, Artimmener

9 man, 1 like + 1 dislike each, apart from Artimmener who has neither although he's never quit on me to date, either.

Got your combat capable guys in there, your engineer, and Ymira for the cooking and cleaning. Can probably make her the doctor too.

Giving fiefs to your loyal hero companions has been, in my experience, a splendid way of creating enemies inside your faction.  Not worth it IMO.

Horrux said:
Giving fiefs to your loyal hero companions has been, in my experience, a splendid way of creating enemies inside your faction.  Not worth it IMO.
You do need to be cognizant of which companions have/claim noble backgrounds, and thus are seen as suitable vassals, and who are of common stock and would affront other lords by their raising.

Caba`drin said:
Horrux said:
You do need to be cognizant of which companions have/claim noble backgrounds, and thus are seen as suitable vassals, and who are of common stock and would affront other lords by their raising.
Yes, I have made that mistake, and then had to denounce them for treason. They were level 35 or so, and extremely good fighters with some precious gear on them.  Sniffle.

Ditch deshavi!

My favourite build:

Lezalit, Artimenner, Matheld, Borcha, Nizar, Baheshtur and Rolf.

They barely ever whine, I just need to make sure I pay them in time, don't run out of food and not raid villages (which I never do because of the relation penalty).

Captain_Octavius said:
Ditch deshavi!

My favourite build:

Lezalit, Artimenner, Matheld, Borcha, Nizar, Baheshtur and Rolf.

They barely ever whine, I just need to make sure I pay them in time, don't run out of food and not raid villages (which I never do because of the relation penalty).

Who of those dislikes raiding villages?  Raid away.

Back
Top Bottom