Definitive post about development of Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings sons and daughters of Calradia.

Since day one, posts have not stopped raining in the forum about the bad development of the game.

As this is a free forum where all voices have a place, all kinds of opinions have been heard, some absurdly poorly raised and others more accurate, although most have touched on disrespect and hopelessness.

Dear friends, I am not here to defend all the practices carried out by Taleworlds, it is evident that there are many things that could be improved in this development process, especially related to developer-community communication, but I ask this question:

Am I the only one who is tired of the same posts week after week?

We must not forget that releasing the game on EA was something that a large part of the community asked for, due to the great general impatience that we all had to play this title.

The game does not have (and surely never will have) a clear and precise roadmap, the rate of updates will never reach our wishes and there will always be some mechanics that do not satisfy 100% of us, but I say, please, enough NOW.

Is the game ready to be played for hours and hours like we did in warband? Not.

Especially the multiplayer (which is what interests me the most) still does not make sense to invest hours in the current state, but I think we have already complained enough, as they say in my lands, the ball is in the Taleworlds roof, and we can only hope, with respect and common sense, that the game is taking steps forward.

Sorry for this large text (full of errors), I just want to remember that by crushing each patch / decision that is made, we only manage to tighten the rope of the bad environment that has been cooking for months in the forum.

Let's try to carry our wishes and proposals to TW with respect to them and for their work!

Greetings to all, brothers and sisters.
Sorry but i have no respect and hope left for TW nor BL, we waited now 8 years, some patiently and some less, every patch we get is a stepp backwards, every dev statement we get shows how soulless TW treat M&B 2, its just a giant mess we all waited 8 years for, its just a question of time when TW will abandon BL or release it as "complete" (Q4 2021/Q1 2022) and the community will try to fix what they can fix with mods.

Soo.... I still don't know what about this post is supposed to be definitive...:unsure:
Well, haha sure it's not definitive, I just wanted to give my humble opinion to help close this strange chapter of fights and irrational discontent towards everything Taleworlds does.

We want more communication, we want a roadmap and feel listened to, we are not satisfied with the speed of development and some mechanics are little worked ... Ok, can we talk about other things? :whistle:

Sorry but i have no respect and hope left for TW nor BL, we waited now 8 years, some patiently and some less, every patch we get is a stepp backwards, every dev statement we get shows how soulless TW treat M&B 2, its just a giant mess we all waited 8 years for, its just a question of time when TW will abandon BL or release it as "complete" (Q4 2021/Q1 2022) and the community will try to fix what they can fix with mods.
I can understand your frustration, but I think you are approaching it from a very pessimistic perspective, not all the steps that have been taken have been backwards, for the love of God.

How many hours have people who complain so much about the game played?
fifty? 100? 500?

I have personally paid for finished games that I have played considerably less ?

I didn't ask for it either (EA) but I understand the people who asked for it.

EA does not justify everything, but it explain other many things, what is not justifiable (for me) is to limit yourself to bombarding the forum with everything you do not like about the game without taking into account the many good things that Bannerlord already has, I do not know , I think the healthiest thing to do is wait patiently and give a video game the importance it deserves, everything else seems to me to be whimsical comments from rude people who have never tried to make a game themselves.

I think you misunderstand.

People asking for EA doesn't mean they expected this sort of EA. Tons of EA games out there that have faired well. Valheim, is a great recent example, whether or not people might like it. It being EA should only justify it not being complete at the moment, not what is happening right now with Bannerlord.

If we don't say or do anything now, it will turn into another DayZ EA.

[...] every patch we get is a stepp backwards, every dev statement we get shows how soulless TW treat M&B 2 [...]
the last couple of patches have been good, maybe not every single one, but considering the development from 1.0.1 to 1.5.10 there where huge changes in a promising direction.
with the last patch teaser, they anounced an overall map update and duel mode in pvp. the work on the game continues.
m&b warband also needed years to grow to what it is.

so what are you talking about?

Well, haha sure it's not definitive, I just wanted to give my humble opinion to help close this strange chapter of fights and irrational discontent towards everything Taleworlds does.

We want more communication, we want a roadmap and feel listened to, we are not satisfied with the speed of development and some mechanics are little worked ... Ok, can we talk about other things? :whistle:
How's the weather out there?

Honestly, feedback is one of the biggest gifts that someone can do and EA is the best moment to provide it.

Of course, many post are somewhat rude, but if many people says that the communication is not fluent maybe you should think that it is not and consider changing things... just an example, pick any other topic.

the last couple of patches have been good, maybe not every single one, but considering the development from 1.0.1 to 1.5.10 there where huge changes in a promising direction.
with the last patch teaser, they anounced an overall map update and duel mode in pvp. the work on the game continues.

No, BL had a dev time of 8 years and WB not, WB was a improvement for M&B 1 wich took 2 years with less employees, i dont care anymore what theyre anounncing, really i dont care, new features are broken if they arrive or get broken in the next patches.

Edit: How we say it in my country, the train left along time ago.

No, BL had a dev time of 8 years and WB not, WB was a improvement for M&B 1 wich took 2 years with less employees, i dont care anymore what theyre anounncing, really i dont care, new features are broken if they arrive or get broken in the next patches.

Edit: How we say it in my country, the train left along time ago.
even curt kobain was more optimistic when he shot himself.

seriously that just sounds stupid and far off reality to me.
first bannerlord was redeveloped nearly from the scratch in between. second bannerlord is way bigger on every end than warband. of course it needs more men and time. third yes, warband is the same code as mb1. you noticed yourself at least. i understand that you might be disappointed. acting like "the train left long time ago" keeps me guessing like why you are still here then?

even curt kobain was more optimistic when he shot himself.

seriously that just sounds stupid and far off reality to me.
first bannerlord was redeveloped nearly from the scratch in between. second bannerlord is way bigger on every end than warband. of course it needs more men and time. third yes, warband is the same code as mb1. you noticed yourself at least. i understand that you might be disappointed. acting like "the train left long time ago" keeps me guessing like why you are still here then?

RIP Curt :c

We got promises like the game is 90% finish, we just need to polish the game and so on, one year after this promises nothing improved, EA is still running and performance is worse then in previus patches for some (many?) ppl, they have over 100 employees had at least 4 years to develope this crap and gave us a eternity later EA alpha, ofcourse i am disappointed and when i look at the kind of roadmap i get a faulty feeling.

Why i am still here?
Idk, good question i guess.

The sooner people understand that the game is essentially finished, the better it is for their mental health.
I can't afgue with this.
I didn't ask for it either (EA) but I understand the people who asked for it.

EA does not justify everything, but it explain other many things, what is not justifiable (for me) is to limit yourself to bombarding the forum with everything you do not like about the game without taking into account the many good things that Bannerlord already has, I do not know , I think the healthiest thing to do is wait patiently and give a video game the importance it deserves, everything else seems to me to be whimsical comments from rude people who have never tried to make a game themselves.
I didn't ask for EA either. The thing I hate more than getting poorly developed product is seeing aimless development with no end in sight.

I know the game will be perfect. The only problem is that it takes too long. I wish they were a more experienced company. Thirty years of extra experience. :smile:

Anyway, the ship is heading towards the range. I don't want to think about speed. YOU WILL SUCCEED.

RIP Curt :c

We got promises like the game is 90% finish, we just need to polish the game and so on, one year after this promises nothing improved, EA is still running and performance is worse then in previus patches for some (many?) ppl, they have over 100 employees had at least 4 years to develope this crap and gave us a eternity later EA alpha, ofcourse i am disappointed and when i look at the kind of roadmap i get a faulty feeling.

Why i am still here?
Idk, good question i guess.
i had the same feeling when the game was released. it wasnt 90% finished at all. youre right. i feel you. but in the end the game has a way better performance than it had on release. listening to you feels like you didnt touched the game since months. hating on a game which is actually doing good and comming with frequent updates is no reason keep up constant negativity. iam sorry iam not that type guy. for me, it just feels like you want tthat this game is bad so you can stay on your opinion.

anyway have a great weekend

Since day one, posts have not stopped raining in the forum about the bad development of the game.

As this is a free forum where all voices have a place, all kinds of opinions have been heard, some absurdly poorly raised and others more accurate, although most have touched on disrespect and hopelessness.

Dear friends, I am not here to defend all the practices carried out by Taleworlds, it is evident that there are many things that could be improved in this development process, especially related to developer-community communication, but I ask this question:

We must not forget that releasing the game on EA was something that a large part of the community asked for, due to the great general impatience that we all had to play this title.

The game does not have (and surely never will have) a clear and precise roadmap, the rate of updates will never reach our wishes and there will always be some mechanics that do not satisfy 100% of us, but I say, please, enough NOW.

Especially the multiplayer (which is what interests me the most) still does not make sense to invest hours in the current state, but I think we have already complained enough, as they say in my lands, the ball is in the Taleworlds roof, and we can only hope, with respect and common sense, that the game is taking steps forward.

Sorry for this large text (full of errors), I just want to remember that by crushing each patch / decision that is made, we only manage to tighten the rope of the bad environment that has been cooking for months in the forum.

Let's try to carry our wishes and proposals to TW with respect to them and for their work!

TL:grin:R - (Props to making the game, no props for how they plan on finishing it/addressing our concerns)

I am extremely happy that we don't have to 'wait' for the game any longer, and am super happy that they released it in EA so we could try it.

I am super unhappy about how they said the game would be, how they said they would approach the EA development, and how they actually delivered on these things.

The game in 2016 looked better than the state of what it is right now (unfortunately).

Honestly, your post is fair - but its unfair to forget the whole spectrum of events that relate to it. Props to TW for trying to do something 'good', but no props for not seeking help / addressing these major concerns (both from a development & communications point of view). I just think this has been disastrous.

I dont want to give blind optimism/congratulations to TW for clearly NOT addressing the community's concerns.

do do do do that's nonsense do do do do do ♫​

do do do do that's false do do do do do ♫​

We want more communication, we want a roadmap and feel listened to,
Nah, I'm good.
we are not satisfied with the speed of development and some mechanics are little worked ...
Sure, but meh, what am I gonna do? Refund? It's alright when you put aside your hopes and dreams.
Ok, can we talk about other things? :whistle:
Aight, local coop mod! There we go again with the hopes and dreams, though, gotta be careful.

Cool level headed post, much needed in these times!

Still, and this is a trend that most people seem to overlook or are ignorant about. People's hopes aren't based off of nothing, and for BL this is no exception. As others mentioned, we have not only previous installments, but also previous gameplays to compare current BL to, and some people believe it is a step back, an opinion they are entitled to.

With you on this my good man. I trust TW and time will tell .

I never had expectations because I never played ant mount and blade, and I have almost 500 hours since the day I bought the game, in the time of 1.5.4 version, the only game I have with more time of gameplay, is the company of heroes 2 on line, so, I can't have bad fellings or bad words against the company.

Back
Top Bottom